+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchin View Post
    Am I correct that 275 hp to chest is the best EH enchant even for Icecrown?
    Am I crazy for starting to doubt myself when I get advice from someone with improved rend in his tank spec?
    Your crazy for believing what someone who won't tank ICC's advice on ICC (well at least someone who pulls numbers out of their ass)

as for the enchant, no, 255 is still the best EH chant

Quote Originally Posted by maverickroll View Post
    Yes FuBar has a lot of broken things in 3.3 Some of it still works but a lot doesn't. I had to switch from FuBar to Titan Panel (same thing basically) for 3.3 since ck hasn't updated FuBar in a long time.
    thanks for The quick reply; I found other addons that do what i wanted FuBar for now anyway

have swapped from Pitbull to Shadowed Unit Frames instead; MUCH nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Minká View Post
    thanks for The quick reply; I found other addons that do what i wanted FuBar for now anyway

have swapped from Pitbull to Shadowed Unit Frames instead; MUCH nicer
    SUF is nice indeed, so sleek and perfect. I'd never go back to the default UI or others compared to SUF, I use it as well.

i am new to tankspot other than watching videos for raid research i am looking to improve on my stats as is all and hoping if there is a prblem with the way i am now someoen could point me in the right direction.i am not computer savy so here is a link to my armory. i am prot pally and guilds mt for raids 25toc and 10 icc gonna start 25 icc within the week so want to increase chances of success however i can.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I have a question.. We downed Saurfang 10 man last night, and the deathforged legplates dropped.

They have 3 sockets. I put 3 30+ stamina gems in them, and have the 55 stamina and w/e agility on them.

I was using Legplates of Feverish Dedication. These have two sockets, and have the leg enchant mentioned above, a 30 stamina gem, and a 15 stamina / 10 dodge.

The stamina on the Deathforged adds up to 324, the stamina on the Legplates adds up to 289. That's about 35 stamina difference.

My question is. Why does my hp only go up by 30? And I do mean 30 hp, not 30 stamina. I'm kinda confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Khand View Post
    I have a question.. We downed Saurfang 10 man last night, and the deathforged legplates dropped.

They have 3 sockets. I put 3 30+ stamina gems in them, and have the 55 stamina and w/e agility on them.

I was using Legplates of Feverish Dedication. These have two sockets, and have the leg enchant mentioned above, a 30 stamina gem, and a 15 stamina / 10 dodge.

The stamina on the Deathforged adds up to 324, the stamina on the Legplates adds up to 289. That's about 35 stamina difference.

My question is. Why does my hp only go up by 30? And I do mean 30 hp, not 30 stamina. I'm kinda confused.
    You're breaking your Meta

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41380 requires 1 red, replace one of those blues with a red and you're G2G

(well, a purple rather)

OH MAH GAWD! THANKS! I totally spaced and forgot why I put that orange gem in there. Phewwwwww thanks. !

Quote Originally Posted by Khand View Post
    OH MAH GAWD! THANKS! I totally spaced and forgot why I put that orange gem in there. Phewwwwww thanks. !
    No problem, I frequent the Official Customer Service Forums and see that question often

Just got a new neck last night, but I'm not sure what gem I should drop in there. Since the neck I would be replacing has a good chunk of hit, I thought about droping a stam/hit gem into there so my loss isnt quite so severe. My other choice of gem was a dodge/stam gem since I'm in ICC 90% of the time now.
    This is the neck here: Marrowgar's Scratching Choker
    Marrowgar's Scratching Choker - Item - World of Warcraft

Thanks for any input
    If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If the dps dies, it's their own damn fault!

Kind of a strange question but I looked and didn't find a definite answer. I think I read somewhere that STR has a point where DR kicks in gemming for it bad itemization. Does anyone know where I could find this info or does anyone know if Pally's and Warrios have a STR cap?
    The reason being for this question is I'm at 1450 str and have the proc 200str libram and my warrior partner is around 1400 and like to match his sockets w/str. So finding this out would help us both.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondockst View Post
    Just got a new neck last night, but I'm not sure what gem I should drop in there. Since the neck I would be replacing has a good chunk of hit, I thought about droping a stam/hit gem into there so my loss isnt quite so severe. My other choice of gem was a dodge/stam gem since I'm in ICC 90% of the time now.
    This is the neck here: Marrowgar's Scratching Choker
    Marrowgar's Scratching Choker - Item - World of Warcraft

Thanks for any input
    I'd go with 30 stam gem, its a no brainer.
    I do have a question for you, you put a JC gem in your belt for dodge. That gem equals less than 1% dodge and doesn't stack w/kings. So its .7% flat dodge. You cost yourself 510 stam or 561stam w/kings by not putting the stam JC gem in that "free" socket. Just wondering why? Remember even with the ICC aura in game lots of damage we take is unavoidable, STAM is still king.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    Kind of a strange question but I looked and didn't find a definite answer. I think I read somewhere that STR has a point where DR kicks in gemming for it bad itemization. Does anyone know where I could find this info or does anyone know if Pally's and Warrios have a STR cap?
    The reason being for this question is I'm at 1450 str and have the proc 200str libram and my warrior partner is around 1400 and like to match his sockets w/str. So finding this out would help us both.
    I assume you're talking about DPS? and no, no basic stats have a DR, if you're talking about Tanking... just... don't... and tell your warrior buddy to stop too... it's BAD

Hello, I was wonder what is the percentage damage increase when sunder armor is appiled in a "typical" 25man raid compared to no sunders?

As a warrior tank, is gemming to reach the Hit cap ever a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Grev View Post
    As a warrior tank, is gemming to reach the Hit cap ever a good idea?
    No, there isn't, maybe to fulfill a meta req, but in that case... your using the wrong meta

Rawr question xD
    What optimization options do you use to get the most of your tank ???
    I don't know if use survival rating, overall, or something else :S

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    I'd go with 30 stam gem, its a no brainer.
    I do have a question for you, you put a JC gem in your belt for dodge. That gem equals less than 1% dodge and doesn't stack w/kings. So its .7% flat dodge. You cost yourself 510 stam or 561stam w/kings by not putting the stam JC gem in that "free" socket. Just wondering why? Remember even with the ICC aura in game lots of damage we take is unavoidable, STAM is still king.
    The reason why I put a dodge gem in there was b/c my guild's healers requested I reach a certain amount of dodge when I'm in ICC. I understand that I lost a large chunk of HP, and so do they, but with the gear set up I was wearing in TOC, I had less than 1% dodge in ICC.
    The main healer is claiming that he was healing ICC on the PTR and has experience with healing 2 different kinds of warriors in ICC: warriors that gemmed for pure stam and warriors that gemmed like I am now, and claims the way I am now makes it a little bit easier to heal.
    If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If the dps dies, it's their own damn fault!

Is there a way to make a macro which allows you to cast a spell on mouseover AND allows you to cast that same spell on your target if you have no mouseover target?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Is there a way to make a macro which allows you to cast a spell on mouseover AND allows you to cast that same spell on your target if you have no mouseover target?
    /cast [@mouseover,help] [help] [@targettarget,help] [@player] Lifebloom

One macro following these priorities... hope that helps.
    1. Mouseover
    2. Current Target
    3. Target of Target
    4. Self

Assuming this is for healing since typically you don't use mouseover DPS. So all the effects have the "help" modifier applied.

Thanks. All of that makes sense, I just didn't know it could be done that way.

+ Reply to Thread