+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

My friend needs help, I dont know how to tell him he needs it

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Hi all, I have a RL friend thats been playing wow for 2 years as a Alli warrior. I been playing an Horde ele shammy for 3 years. My buddy is paying for my switch over to the alli side, so we can hangout more. Well I watched him play today and helped him with his spec. Well the spec thing came with some problems, no biggie . I seen him spamming taunt in a 5 man to try to keep up his TPS. This is a problem for me beacuse I lead HTOC 10 pugs and he wants in. How can I tell him he must know his rotation for aoe and single target TPS. If you guys could tell me his rotaion and anything a (hrmm how do i say this) green tank should know to better his tanking ablity. Thanks so much for your time and helping us out

Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    Hi all, I have a RL friend thats been playing wow for 2 years as a Alli warrior. I been playing an Horde ele shammy for 3 years. My buddy is paying for my switch over to the alli side, so we can hangout more. Well I watched him play today and helped him with his spec. Well the spec thing came with some problems, no biggie . I seen him spamming taunt in a 5 man to try to keep up his TPS. This is a problem for me beacuse I lead HTOC 10 pugs and he wants in. How can I tell him he must know his rotation for aoe and single target TPS. If you guys could tell me his rotaion and anything a (hrmm how do i say this) green tank should know to better his tanking ablity. Thanks so much for your time and helping us out

His "rotation" (it's more of a priority queue than anything else) for single targets should be Shield Slam -> Revenge -> Devastate (note that glyphing for devastate bumps that much closer to revenge) Conc blow and shockwave are both higher than revenge, but shouldn't be used on the first rotation, as the sunders should be up before you blow either, Heroic Strike should pretty much be spammed constantly, and thunderclap and Demoralizing shout should be up at all times (I usually throw TC up after the first shield slam but before the first devastate/revenge, then Demo after the second rotation is complete)

For Multitarget threat it's basically the same except TClap a lot more and throw in Shockwave every time it's up, Cleave instead of HS, and tab target between every single target attack

For AoE threat, TClap spam, Shockwave spam, cleave spam, and hope for the best, helps to AoE taunt and hit shield block, Tab as often as possible

Quick & Dirty question:

Is there a script command or addon that would clear my combat log whilst remaining in-game? Would be helpful to have for doing multiple sessions on the target dummy.
    Tank Skills? √ Healer Skills? √
    DPS Skills? Still trying to find them.
    www.angryaces.eu - recruitment open

Loggerhead I think can do that... check it out pitstarter and give it a try.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

New to tankspot. Where can I find this wire?

http://www.livedigitally.com/wp-cont...echwire600.jpg

Also, how do I upload my avatar and make an image my signature, I can't seem to find these options in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post

Also, his threat would be better served by dropping Anger Management and Improved Rend, putting one more point in Deep Wounds, dropping the points in Improved Spell Reflection and Improved Bloodrage and getting Incite and Improved Thunderclap, and Improved Revenge if he can swing it.

What happened to the shout box?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

it's still working for me?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

That's strange It was working the other day for me. I tried to allow all scripts on this site and still nothing. I normally have all the ads shut off through no script.

Should just click forums tab and see it at the top yes? Or did something change?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

That's how it's supposed to work, it's working for me as well, not sure bud

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    Also, his threat would be better served by dropping Anger Management and Improved Rend, putting one more point in Deep Wounds, dropping the points in Improved Spell Reflection and Improved Bloodrage and getting Incite and Improved Thunderclap, and Improved Revenge if he can swing it.
    Heh, yea, I didn't look at the armory link, and... agree on all points

How do you zone into an instance with 3.3?

Do you keep repeatedly having your group autorun into it in hopes that someone can snag the instance instead of the transfer aborted message?

Quote Originally Posted by Lugor View Post
    How do you zone into an instance with 3.3?

Do you keep repeatedly having your group autorun into it in hopes that someone can snag the instance instead of the transfer aborted message?
    While I don't think the AaSQ thread isn't for QQing, if that's what you're doing, transfer aborted server not found means the server isn't online, you cannot get in no matter how many times you face smash into the portal.. And if you were actually able, you'd lose access to that character next time the instance servers went down

Basically just wait. Things will chill down before the end of the week.

Also, for those asking, the shoutbox is disabled due to the ultra-heavy traffic load. It should be back as things chill down.

Anyone know if the timer for gaining emblems of frost using random dungeons is reset 24 hours after completion, with dailies, or when heroics reset?

Mixology

Trying to get confirmation on Mixology buff on
    Elixir of Mighty Strength: +25 Strength
    Guru's Elixir: +9 Stats

If any Alchemist using these could verify my numbers? I probably won't be able to test it myself untill next week :P
    Found it already, it's 20 & 8 (unfortunately).
    Last edited by Airowird; 12-09-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Is FuBar broken? It disabled Pitbull for me plus, can't get into config mode; i have all parts enabled / loaded...

Quote Originally Posted by Minká View Post
    Is FuBar broken? It disabled Pitbull for me plus, can't get into config mode; i have all parts enabled / loaded...
    Yes FuBar has a lot of broken things in 3.3 Some of it still works but a lot doesn't. I had to switch from FuBar to Titan Panel (same thing basically) for 3.3 since ck hasn't updated FuBar in a long time.

I have not played this game since the release of the Ulduar patch. I have been doing some of the newer heroics and was wondering if I am able to run any of the new raids.

Here is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

So yesterday I asked in trade chat for a enchanter who could do Enchant Chest - Super Health - Spell - World of Warcraft

Out of randomness a druid whispered me and told me to get Enchant Chest - Greater Defense - Spell - World of Warcraft instead for Icecrown simply because of the 20% less dodge chance in there.

Discussion ensured and he also relogged to his warrior main to let me inspect him and stuff, this seemed like a real important issue to him and he claimed that 9 out of 10 tanks would go for 22 defence on chest instead of 275 hp for Icecrown.

Now my warrior is an alt now but I did think I was pretty up to date on enchants for him and really thought that 275 hp would give me the best effective health out of the chest enchants and since I only do a bit of Onyxia and TotC 10 it's not really a big deal for me since I probably won't tank Icecrown anyways.

The big kicker is that named warrior had 2/2 improved rend and 0/3 improved heroic strike and when I asked him told that he never used heroic strike.

So I guess I have two questions.

Am I correct that 275 hp to chest is the best EH enchant even for Icecrown?
    Am I crazy for starting to doubt myself when I get advice from someone with improved rend in his tank spec?
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

In need of a reality check

First off, I would like to thank all of the contributors. I have benefitted greatly from all of you elite tanks since the beginning of this site. Happy late anniversary! Anyway, I was out of the game for a year and came back just a little over two weeks ago. Initially, I was very impressed with the improvements in the game (space management, UI, talents, etc). However, Is it just me or is it way too ez now? I started playing two weeks ago with a level 70 warrior in Kara/Zul'Aman gear and now I have a level 80 in Blues/epics. I have tanked UP twice (with minor knowledge issues). I went through with a friend and the first time was marking mobs (for CC and assignment), and single-pulling mobs. My buddy pulls me aside and says, "we don't mark mobs anymore, that is legacy stuff". What am I missing? We just run through heroics, multi tanking mobs, collect our badges and buy our T-9 gear? The gear is so good. I have 22.5k armor/25.3k health and 550 def (for future ref) The World of Warcraft Armory . I hate to sound ungrateful, but I am feeling a little spoiled. I don't feel a sense of accomplishment, I just feel like it has turned into a meaningless faction/badge grind. Please, give me an attitude adjustment.

+ Reply to Thread