+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

dk ?

is there a form here just for dk tanks.. i was looking around and did not find one .. i have a lot of ? but would like to read up first. and probably find the most of what i need. there if there is one.. ty

Satorri's Threads in the Theory forum probably is the best place to look for DK tanking information.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

ratations

i read up on hit rotations, and i see the word DUMP, what is the meaning of that word, is a button i hit to do this, or is it just waiting for my run,s to recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by trinagon View Post
    i read up on hit rotations, and i see the word DUMP, what is the meaning of that word, is a button i hit to do this, or is it just waiting for my run,s to recycle.
    Not sure about other types of tanks/classes, but with DK's , since you're building up rp, once it's at 100, it's not helping anything - no use building it up more. the 'dump' generally refers to using death coil to burn some rp. there's other abilities that can do this as well, but death coil is probably the most common.

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    there's other abilities that can do this as well, but death coil is probably the most common.
    As far as I know, it's Death Coil if you are blood/unholy, and Frost Strike if you are frost spec.

Does anyone have an Arms Incite rotation? Also does anyone else notice that a lot of the t9 gear is lacking ArP should we keep trying to stack it?

Hello, as it's my first post I'd like to thank the TankSpot community and I hope I'll be soon contributing back to you.

As for my small question that don't deserve a thread, does Cruelty from warrior's Fury tree affects skills as Heroic Strike and Devastate?

"Cruelty increases the critical hit chance of the Warrior's melee attacks. It is a passive Fury talent, and only affects Melee Weapon hits."

As it says Melee Weapon hits I'd like tu assume it does affect my melee weapon skills and not only whites... but I couldn't find info anywhere...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Astharan View Post
    Hello, as it's my first post I'd like to thank the TankSpot community and I hope I'll be soon contributing back to you.

As for my small question that don't deserve a thread, does Cruelty from warrior's Fury tree affects skills as Heroic Strike and Devastate?

"Cruelty increases the critical hit chance of the Warrior's melee attacks. It is a passive Fury talent, and only affects Melee Weapon hits."

As it says Melee Weapon hits I'd like tu assume it does affect my melee weapon skills and not only whites... but I couldn't find info anywhere...

Thanks!
    I'm almost certain it affects yellow hits, but you should be getting Armored to the Teeth before you get Cruelty

Quote Originally Posted by Valalvax View Post
    I'm almost certain it affects yellow hits, but you should be getting Armored to the Teeth before you get Cruelty
    Great, thanks! It was the answer I was hoping to get =P

And yes, I've already got Armored to the Teeth, my doubt was between Cruelty and Deep wounds. Knowing this I'll go with Cruelty, as 48% of my average damage using fast weapons doesn't seem too much... I prefer more Revenge and Devastate criticals.

whats the best rotation for a unholy DK?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Do the heirloom trinkets proc only if you get a killing blow or when someone in your group gets a kill? It's an important factor in deciding whether or not I want to get one for my healer character who I hope will mostly be leveling with someone else and won't be killing much.
    Anyone?

I've been reading about taunt (it makes a lot more sense now) but I've got one question left. The diminishing returns affect only spammed same-name taunts or all fixate effects? (i.e. will I get the full effect of a Mocking Blow if I use it right after a taunt?)

(I don't wind up spamming it often, but once in a while something just goes wrong and it would help to have it up longer than 3 seconds.)

Diminishing returns on taunts affects all taunts. A taunt, by it's nature will put you highest on threat for a certain amount of time (the fixate period I suppose you could call it). If the effect merely increases your threat by a large amount, then it is not technically a taunt.

satrina's unhittable macro does not include the bosses 5% base miss chance correct? so whatever number that macro spits out you can tack on an extra 5% to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Anyone?
    I don't know first hand, but when I was alt leveling with some guildies, they were all clamoring to get the killing blow, so I assume you have to personally get the kill. Like victory rush or the old TBC Zangamarsh trinkets.

Lame I know, but I guess it's more for solo-ing.

Just a quick question from a newbie here:

I'm beginning to raid progressively harder content with the 10 man in my guild. I just wanted a quick list of consumables that every tank should have for progressive content (i.e. 10 togc with only toc10/uld gear).

The basic list I came up with is:

20-30 indestructible potions, 4 x stoneblood flasks, 15 health potions, 2 stacks of buff food (expertise for my prot warrior), 5 x insane strength potions (for those situations where dps from everybody is needed), and if I'm feeling a little extra lazy, a stack of invis potions to skip trash in.

I'm probably missing a few things.

@ Lulia

A taunt gives you top threat on the target plus one, putting you in the lead, but that's it - the target can be taunted back off of you or someone could pass you in threat in the next second (a Paladin's Hand of Reckoning will also do additional Holy damage). A "fixate" effect is like a DK's Death Grip that forces a target to attack you for a set amount of time and as far as I know, it can't be taunted off until that time expires. Having said that, I think you are correct that they both contribute to diminishing returns - I remember reading about it in a "Gormok goes taunt immune" thread a while back.

yeah can anyone tell me how to turn off the buff/unbuff bar frame thingys for nUI been reading and i cant find it.... plz ty!

Whats up guys, new to the forums and ive been looking around for a bit. My pally is about to hit 80 and im going to tank with him. Ive look at some guides and got a lot of info from them. Anyone know any threads i should really see that i mite of not? any help would be awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    your rotation should look something like this:

Shield Slam
    Shield Block
    Revenge
    Sunderx2
    Shield Slam
    Shield Block
    revenge
    Sunderx2 (queue up Heroic strike if in excess of 50 rage)
    Shield Slam
    Shield Block
    Revenge
    Sunder
    Devastate (queue up Heroic Strike if in excess)
    repeat from Shield Slam right above, doing SS, SB, R, D, D, with Heroic Strike Queues
    Nice! I'll start saving up some scratch for this

+ Reply to Thread