+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

edit: nvm got my question answered.
    Last edited by Achilliesx; 09-12-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soderstorm View Post
    I got in a PUG for some Icecrown quests and this hunter had a turtle he used to tank and I could not get and hold aggro.
    The hunter probably left Growl (pet) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft on. Your rotation looks fine. And I don't believe a hunter pet can pull aggro off any tank unless the hunter does something wrong (other things include using that misdirect pet macro he's so used to using for solo-ing).

BM's pet could do that with growl on. And it could be even easier with warrior not being hit.

May someone please explain to me everything about effective health? What does it mean, what do I do with it, what adds to it, deducts, etc?

Effective health is literally the numerical representation of how much pure damage you can take before you die.

This is factored by your Health, your armor, and your shield block value (if you're a shield tank). Critical Guides section here explains it in depth by the master himself (Satrina).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Effective health is literally the numerical representation of how much pure damage you can take before you die.

This is factored by your Health, your armor, and your shield block value (if you're a shield tank). Critical Guides section here explains it in depth by the master himself (Satrina).
    I still can't agree with people including a shield in your EH calculations.
    Even as a paladin, you won't block everything.
    There's just too much crap that stuns you going around.

Recently, the front page has been full of strategy guide videos. While this is great and appreciated, I miss the in-depth tanking analysis. There's been a lot of informative posts from Ghostcrawler that give some pretty good insight into the direction Blizz is going to take tanking, and while we can all analyze GC's posts on our own, it's very helpful to hear what the guys in charge here have to say.

My question that's too small for its own post: Will we be getting more in-depth tanking analysis posts from Cider et al in the near future?

I'm still debating which race to roll for my Warrior, and just now saw some old articles online about how Tauren weapons had been shrunk while sheathed so as to avoid clipping with the ground. Is this still true, or have they changed it back? I won't even consider Tauren if this is still true.

Small question about not so important sbr/sbv heroic/trash/adds sets.

How do other warriors (and paladins) gem/enchant those? I suppose threat is the essense, so probably str/stam, hit/stam and expertise/stam would be preferred.
    But I'm thinking about def/stam gems too, as a way to increase chance to block even further (I have only about 31-33% chance to block in my current block set, sadly). And can't decide which of those would suit block set better (I'd go with threat atm).

Same is with few enchants, cloak one being the biggest question atm. Should I increase chance to block (with 16 def) or go with better mitigation after all, making small hits even smaller (armor). I suppose armor will be much better with this set, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegelus View Post
    Small question about not so important sbr/sbv heroic/trash/adds sets.

How do other warriors (and paladins) gem/enchant those? I suppose threat is the essense, so probably str/stam, hit/stam and expertise/stam would be preferred.
    But I'm thinking about def/stam gems too, as a way to increase chance to block even further (I have only about 31-33% chance to block in my current block set, sadly). And can't decide which of those would suit block set better (I'd go with threat atm).

Same is with few enchants, cloak one being the biggest question atm. Should I increase chance to block (with 16 def) or go with better mitigation after all, making small hits even smaller (armor). I suppose armor will be much better with this set, tho.
    Go for def, it's great avoidance as well.

Note that Expertise is of relatively low value against non-boss mobs. (As far as I know, only boss mobs have the increased miss and parry chances, other mobs use weapon and defense skill for it, so ~5 percent hit and expertise is enough for them.)

Problem is, as a warrior I don't want to avoid too much in that set I suppose. Blocking is so much better as it triggers Damage Shield.

And yes, I remember that 82lvl hit/expertise (and minimum defence) caps are lower.

Do Tauren still have the hitbox problem, where bosses end up inside the character model, etc.?

Hello i would like to ask a few questions.
    First of all what's the hit i should get with my warr, if i ain't expertize capped and if i get to have more expertize could i lower my hit? I currently have 7% hit and 5.5% expertize, so if i cap expertize could my hit stay at 7% and not make it 8%?
    Another thing is does the t8.5 set bonus worth (10% crit to devastate) because i want to change my Legs with t9 once, (my current are t8.5) and if i get to do that i either have to change my chest Stoneskin Chestplate - Item - World of Warcraft back to t8.5 or just miss the set bonus from t8.5
    Thank U

Morning!

Yeh my guild isn’t the best……

We are struggling on Acidmaw and Dreadscale. The problem is when I am tanking acidmaw and infected by Paralytic Toxin. Should I go to the other tank to receive Burning Bile or should another player come to me?

In the raids the dreadscale tank is always too far from me to intervene and no matter how much I shout, no one ever comes to me.

So should I get the other tank to keep dreadscale closer to me or is it down to another raid member to cure me?

How do you guys handle it?

We're usually close enough to intervene him and far enough so i don't get the fire debuf instantly. Anyway the whole job should be really fast

Justy -- it also depends on which "Phase" of the two Jormungars you are talking about. If it's at first when Acidmaw is immobilized, you should be running to the Dreadscale tank. It's not that far, and you really don't want to risk having to turn Dreadscale towards the raid.
    "Sometimes attaining the deepest familiarity with a question is our best substitute for actually having the answer." -- Brian Greene.

For fury dps, what is better?

Popping an indestructible pot on the pull and then using a haste potion during bloodlust or just using 2 indestructible pots(one on pull, other after the first pot fades)? Basically, are haste pots better for fury as opposed to 2 indestructible?

Do the heirloom trinkets proc only if you get a killing blow or when someone in your group gets a kill? It's an important factor in deciding whether or not I want to get one for my healer character who I hope will mostly be leveling with someone else and won't be killing much.

Hello i would like to ask what the addons are for the ciderhelm UI (i like to call it you know the ones that are always in a circle and moving please get back to me

+ Reply to Thread