+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Hello !

Don't want to make a new topic, so this is the perfect place

I got lucky last night on BT and looted The Brutalize. I have the Mallet with Mangoost atm (human racial) with mostly T4-T5-Badge (i run with a SBV set of about 850)

I know this weapon will soon be replace, but i still want to put an enchant on it. I was going to put Executioner on it. Right choice ?

probably, brut is a very sexy threat weapon but because your human I think the Mallet still beats it out...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Back From Hiatus With Questions About Prot

Howdy. I'm back after a hiatus of several months and I'm salivating over the prot changes. Just a question. Am I supposed to slap on my tanking gear to grind in prot or my highest AP gear? I've seen both done in Armories of prot warriors.

depends on your gear, I'd say put on your best gear if that happens to be AP, do that, if it happens to be your tanking set, do that instead.

One kills slightly slower but gives longer survivability, and viceversa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    probably, brut is a very sexy threat weapon but because your human I think the Mallet still beats it out...
    Thanks for your reply

I was thinking that too, but with the nerf of human racial (3 down from 5) does it make both weapon almost the same ?

I will use the Axe i think, just because it look soooo much better then the Mallet

ps: i put executioner on it.

especially if you put an executioner on it, it has the advantage of being threat enchanted versus your mallet which has mongoose. Also with the 3 racial bonus now instead of 5, i'd agree that it's gonna be a pretty close running between the two, and brutalize has what... 100.3 dps while mallet has 98.7? so you get a slight bonus there too.

Reroll Question

I've been playing Horde now for 2 years. I'd like to roll an Alliance toon, if for no other reason than to see and experience a side of the game I haven't before. I tried a hunter, thinking it would be the easiest to level and make money with. I'm not really digging it.

So, what would be the best race/class combo for someone who only wants 1 toon and not to make it his main? I'm thinking one of the hybrid classes, but to be honest I think all I know how to play now is warrior. Part of the problem on the hunter is I keep trying to charge things. It's not working out so well.

Aww, heck. I may just go with a warrior anyway. You don't see too many Draenei warriors, and that 1% hit is pretty nice. I might have just answered my own question.

Professions for Prot Pally

Hey all,

Any suggestions on Professions for a Prot Pally come XPac? ATM i am thinking Mining and Jewel crafting.

I have a hunter alt that has Herb and Skinning so im not really worried about the gold side of things just more concerned about the benefit.

Cheer,

Irat

Quote Originally Posted by tobarstep View Post
    I've been playing Horde now for 2 years. I'd like to roll an Alliance toon, if for no other reason than to see and experience a side of the game I haven't before. I tried a hunter, thinking it would be the easiest to level and make money with. I'm not really digging it.

So, what would be the best race/class combo for someone who only wants 1 toon and not to make it his main? I'm thinking one of the hybrid classes, but to be honest I think all I know how to play now is warrior. Part of the problem on the hunter is I keep trying to charge things. It's not working out so well.

Aww, heck. I may just go with a warrior anyway. You don't see too many Draenei warriors, and that 1% hit is pretty nice. I might have just answered my own question.

How about Mage, its pretty op and easy to level. Transportation is amazingly easly with teleports & hearth. Warlock is an easy class to level but lacks the mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    How about Mage, its pretty op and easy to level. Transportation is amazingly easly with teleports & hearth. Warlock is an easy class to level but lacks the mobility.
    That's not a bad idea. You don't even have to spend money on food or water. I might just try that.

Here you guys go Who do you put Vigilance on the healer or the highest dpser in the grp / raid

I've never needed to put it on my healer in anything other than while doing ZG panther boss. Don't quite understand why I've seen some tanks in raids do this, especially when healers should only be taking the odd session of aoe damage.

Putting it on whoever is producing the most threat is the best 90% of the time and, on certain fights, the off-tank.

Sorry for the noob question but I've been searching for a bit and I can't find a solid answer.

Does using revenge change the swing timer in any way? Reset/pause, etc?

I recently leveled a warrior to 70 specced 53/8/0 and I'm trying to figure out why I seem to be able to do so much DPS in defensive stance spamming revenge with a 2.4 dps level 1 white mace. Admittedly it's fairly annecdotal but for sure I was able to get up to 629dps (at level 70) vs a level 66 raptor in BEM using the mace and annecdotally it seems like I can maintain better average dps using a 1H axe and a shield spamming revenge than I can doing rend/slam/MS/OP in battle stance with a 2H axe.

Just trying to get things clear so I pick the right way to level in WOTLK. Maybe I'm just brutalizing the ordering of abilities with my 2H axe.

Thanks,
    -Khaal

revenge does not change teh swing timer, it is an instant attack that needs to be lit up.

I think the situation you're encountering is because with points in the Arms Talent, you can bring down revenges cooldown to 1 sec, but the tooltip stays lit up even if you dodge just once, so you're able to just spam it, and revenge, does hit fairly hard, so it isn't a terrible idea, Arms will not be as ideal for WOTLK other than it has sweeping strikes and bladestorm, but TG fury is better on trash, and prot is better for survivability and aoe mobbing, so take your pick!

Ok thanks for the reply. I also have the 4 piece scourge event set so something like 8.5% +haste and that might be doing it also as the 1H mace is faster of course.

If I go TG fury how much +hit do I need to have for leveling?

I might just go prot as that's where I want to end up at 80 anyways.

Thanks again,
    -Khaal

it's tough to say, right now at level 70, tg fury requires 174 hit with 3/3 precision, every level you gain will push that number higher, ending up around 300ish i think at 80.

Template question

Anyone know of a site where you can make a template similar to armory but where you can actually plug NEW gear into the slot to see how it affects your stats?

I cant find a spot in the "control panel" to put in a avatar for me?

Am I slow, or is there not a option for that?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Borax View Post
    Anyone know of a site where you can make a template similar to armory but where you can actually plug NEW gear into the slot to see how it affects your stats?
    Warcrafter

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I cant find a spot in the "control panel" to put in a avatar for me?

Am I slow, or is there not a option for that?
    Only Donors or higher have the option to have a forum avatar, sadly.

I will be levelling as Prot from 70-80 but using 4/5 Brutal and the Guardian gear (as my tanking gear is poo). I will be picking up all the tanking gear from Dungeons/Quests and Blacksmithing recipes on the way. I have a build in mind but can't fill out all the talents I would like. Basically it comes down to spending 12 points spread out over Shield Specialization, Anticipation and Toughness. I can max two of them and have 2 points in the third category. I was thinking because of the poor tanking stats on the PvP gear (but high armour) taking 5/5 Shield and 5/5 Anticipation and 2/5 Toughness might be the way to go. I wanted some more opinions on this however.

Also, my proposed build was to start 70 at 2/8/51 and ending on 12/8/51 because of the damage bonus for soloing and threat while tanking from Arms (Impale). I was planning on keeping this spec to start tanking at 80 but the more I think about it the more I have my doubts. Everything is a cake walk at the moment so my first thought was to get to impale, keeping Artt and Cruelty, which left me with 51 in Prot and my survivability dilema above. But I don't think 80 heroics/raiding will be anywhere near as easy as the current state of 70 raiding. I think we will have to be spending more than 51 points in Prot, at least until we outgear places comfortably. Looking further into this, the whole point of going down the arms tree and getting impale was to help with leveling and dps, but you cant get this skill til 79 and max it at 80, so its not really worth taking in the argument that Impale will help while leveling.

So what do people think? Will we need to spend more points in Prot at 80 to start tanking content? Can we get away with a 12/8/51 build when we aren't overgearing stuff at 80? Can we fit in Impale AND take all the important mitigation talents? It seems only having 51 points in Prot will make you miss something important.

EDIT: This did start out to be something small that didn't deserve its own thread, but ended up being a very long ramble >.<

Basically I've got the whole Prot tree set out except for the 12 points between Toughness, Anticipation and Shield Specialization. I will put the first 3 points that I level with in Northrend into Parry. From there I don't know, but I'll worry about that when I get there.
    Last edited by Korakk; 11-12-2008 at 05:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread