+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

So, yesterday I tanked Heroic Shatered halls with a friend who had the Recount add-On we were discussing about his wife DPS which was quite low and then I was curious about my DPS, I asked him to link the stats and I can't remember the numbers but it was something like this:
    Shield Slam 24%
    Revenge 12% (Used around 120 times)
    White Damage 12%
    Heroic Strike 10% (Used around 180 times)
    Thunderclap+Cleave+DamageShield+Shockeave = the rest%

I know this are very simple stats to work on but giving it a fast view would you say I'm balancing my attacks?
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

it depends on your AP, your weapon, your gear, and your SBV.

the more SBV you have the higher Shield slam is (imo it should be pretty close to your top damage dealer) followed by revenge/heroic strike, then white damage, then the others.

but it depends on what you're tanking, so if you have the rage heroic strike > white hit, if your rage starved it'll probably fall down to where you are now

I don't see your stats being off at all.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

n_n thanx for the feedback.
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

Quote Originally Posted by GodSavetheTank View Post
    Haha My rotation looks nothing like that.
    i think that rotation seems fine

Is Battleword Tuskguard worth losing a 5% SBV meta gem with Warbringer Greathhelm? It doesn't seem like it would be.

From a threat perspective, it isn't (unless you're using a really bad helm). The extra 5% SBV is irreplaceable.
    However the Tuskguard is still a great helm if you stack it chocked with stamina and swap it in on any fight where you need the health buffer.

ok so here is the spec i WANT to go Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft here is the problem, my gear is all kara/badge/za gear

the group i tank heroics for consists of a resto shaman healer, 2 ret pallies (both with apolyons and full sunwell gear) and a TG warrior (with duel apolyons and full sunwell DPS gear)

needless to say without vigilance (WTB 3 target vigiliance PST) im not holding agro over them so i need to drop 1 point somewhere to get it, but which point.

Greater / Lesser Wards of Shielding

Greater Ward of Shielding - Item - World of Warcraft

do these hurt my rage generation like the priest's pw:shield does (or did)?

Lesser Rune of Warding - Spell - World of Warcraft
    also, Greater Rune of Warding, does this stack with regular enchants?

and do greater and lesser runes stack? can you use both at the same time?

thanks
    Last edited by supmeow; 11-02-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darksend View Post
    ok so here is the spec i WANT to go Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft here is the problem, my gear is all kara/badge/za gear
    I'd drop either a point out of either Shield Spec or Toughness. My preference is Toughness because I like the extra Damage Shield hits that Shield Spec gets me.

Darksend: If you're just doing heroics with your warrior, I'd advise dropping one to several points in Deflection and/or Anticipation.

According to Cider (IIRC), we don't even need these talents at this point. I still have them to make 'progression' through BT that much easier, but I sometimes feel like I could do without them.
    Bihn | <Summit>
    Seatbelts.

@supmeow: yes they work the same as the Priest's PW:S and no you can't stack lesser and greater runes/wards on the same item.

edit: but they do stack with regular enchants ^^
    Last edited by Sevaar; 11-02-2008 at 04:04 PM.

blacksmithing

Why cant blacksmiths repair themselves ? doesnt it make sense...after all i have a higher blacksmithing level than the guy that repairs my armor in most cities ......
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by robbon View Post
    Why cant blacksmiths repair themselves ? doesnt it make sense...after all i have a higher blacksmithing level than the guy that repairs my armor in most cities ......

Hmm, I'd guess the only answer to this is because blizzard hasn't implemented it

My question:

Will feral druids use DPS leather for tanking in WoTLK?

Shield Slam damage

Hello I am new to these forums and first I would like to say that there is a wealth of knowledge here and I appreciate everyone's efforts greatly. I have a question that I cannot find the answer to via search and would like some clarification. It seems shield slam damage scales with almost everything, but how exactly and how do those numbers convert to damage? I am not talking about threat because im trying to make decisions over what gear to wear while soloing to maximize dps. X SBV adds X damage? X str adds X damage and is that purely from increaseing attackpower, directly increasing sbv. Basically I want to be able to decide in terms of solo dps is an item with X str better than an item with X ap or X sbv or how exactly those numbers work out. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if there is a post that someone could link that i wasn't able to find via search that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by robbon View Post
    Why cant tailors or leatherworkers

In IF a very nice Dwarf Tailor always fixes my Plate armor for me.

Aparently its meant to be a gold sink and we should just smile and hand our plate over to be starched and pressed.

Hi

Im relatively new to WOW, went for warrior just on sheer luck, then specd to protection at level 70 after being advised to level using either arms or fury, purly for speed reasons.

I have read a lot on the forums about un critable abd now have good understanding of this, however in a PUG another tank advised he was uncritable and uncrushable.

This is something i have not heard before (uncrushable) and was wondering if somebody could explain it to me.

Thanks very Much

Simple answer: dont worry about it - bosses dont crush anymore.

background - if the Mob was 3 levels higher than you he could "crush" do 150% damage, which is bad from a tanks point of view. So to remove crushing blows from the combat table we would need to have our defensive (dodge/block/parry/miss) stats add up to over 102.4 or something. For warriors spamming shield block this was not that hard, tougher for pallies but doable, and bears just got crushed.

Passive uncrushable was much harder - it meant reaching the cap without the benefit of shield block.

well, to be fair, bosses still crush, it's just the level gap that allowed crushes moved up.

So now if you are 4 levels lower than the boss he can still crush you, but since all bosses are treated as level 73 as long as you're at level 70 and have maxed defense skill for your level (350) you won't get crushed, but if for some reason your defense is below 350, or if you're level 69, you can in fact, still get crushed.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Has anyone heard of the rumor that the night elf racial of -2% for hostile hit is bugged and actually subtracting from our avoidance rather than adding to it?

I'm looking for a UI/addon that shows cooldown on things like shield slam and shieldblock and such, I've seen such a thing on a video here on tankspot, http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/4...day-guide.html, it's the second video in the post.

Does anyone know where I get it?

Thanks =)

+ Reply to Thread