"Wearing more than these is wasted"

You answered yourself.

You can't cut dodge and parry below 0%
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Okay:
    I have [item]The Sun Eater[/item] with mongoose on it and [item]Quickening Blade of the Prince[/item] with Executioner. I have threat generation and avoidance taken care of for the time being.

Tonight, [item]King's Defender[/item] finally dropped for me from Kara. Enchanting it seems like a toss-up to me. What do you guys think of enchanting a static enchant, like +35 Agility, +20 strength or that +defense one, as this is a midpoint between threat and survivability? Are any of the other on proc enchants worth anything?

Also, I'm likely to be falling into [item]Mallet of the Tides[/item] before too much longer-- my guild is beginning Lurker attempts and our main tank has no immediate need for it. Should I bother to enchant this at all?

I've gotten this far without any huge threat or survivability problems (I've MT'd through Gruul's and "main" OT'd the first few bosses in T5), first with only [item]The Sun Eater[/item], then with it and the [item]Quickening Blade of the Prince[/item], but, like I said, I feel like this is a good compromise weapon for bosses where the extra dodge is just going to leave me with low rage more often.

Your thoughts, TS?
    Last edited by Bihn; 08-19-2008 at 11:23 PM.

As an Exalted Scryer, is the [Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve] going to be the mainstay of my tanking gear overall?

My guild farm Kara and just downed HKM and Gruul first time this weekend. We've done the Bear, Lynx and Eagle bosses in ZA too. Should I be looking for something to add to this from farming these bosses or am I ok with the SSO Neck until we clear the rest of ZA and hit SSC (and beyond!)?

Thanks.
    Last edited by sorednbored; 08-26-2008 at 02:42 AM.

wish i rolled scryer! that is the most overpowered neck. its a huge boost to expertise and definitly will be (close) to a mainstay. but dont discount the static expertise on the [item]Brooch of Deftness[/item] just yet, there may be a point where that may be more useful to you.
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

If a the hit table gap for a boss is less than 15% (i.e. if eveything that isn't blocked or avoided is a crushing), does Scorpid Sting (hunter debuff, -5% hit) have any effect?

Yes, Miss comes first.

cloak - enchant for tank

One of our tanks was asking in guild chat which in enchant he should get, someone said dodge, and I threw in +120 armor. Then one of our guild trolls jumped in and said agility and added I was tard for suggesting +120 armour, because armour is "useless" (wtf?). I'm fairly new to this guild, so I did want to start, slap fight in g chat.

So help me out here, Isn't aglity one of the weakest stats for tanks? We're only getting a tiny amount of armour and tiny amount of crit. Am I missing something?

Dodge is for avoidance

Armour is effect health

Armor is useful if you need to be stacking EH. Defense is probably a more useful enchant than dodge simply because it gives you better versatility in the rest of your gear (ie swapping in more threat/resist pieces as needed and staying uncrittable).

Agility is legitamate, I think, if you're putting on a specifially aggro cloak. I have Dory's Embrace in my bag if I'm doing fine on surviving and need more threat. Agility gives armor, crit, and dodge actually. It's a magical "everything" stat.

Stick with Defense on tanking cloaks imo.
    I. Am. Warrior.

Armor is likewise very good though, people very very very muchso undervalue armor but enchants are the only way to boost your armor outside of getting higher ilvl items. The increase in armor, however small it may seem, MAKES your stamina work better. It's the fundamental point of EH, is that Armor and Stamina help each other out.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

@Bihn

Well, for what I know, none of the enchants for KD you mentioned will do better than Mongoose or Exec.

I replaced my Mongoose on KD for Exec.. why? well extra threat. (Quick Blade droped only once and a Lock misclicked need, lmao ) I like better KD for the extra tank stats and with Exec if helps to hold agro better.

Plus, it looks better than Quick Blade and in order to build threat you have to look threatening! When I pull with my gun, I Turn it so its grip is horizontal rather than vertical. that builds gargantuic amounts of threat.

http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

Attributes - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Agility for warriors gives 1% dodge every 30 agi.

Hmm DK has a shieldwall every 48 secs?

I was watching the DK spells and something caught my eye:

Icebound Fortitude
    The Death Knight freezes his or her blood to become immune to Stun effects and reduce all damage taken by 50% for 12 sec. Does not remove existing Stun effects. 20 Runic Power, Instant, 1 min cooldown

I don't have a beta account nor have read more info about the DK Mechanics. but it seems a little overpowered spell. I mean, we have our Shield Wall that is 60% damage mitigation every 5.48 mins... but DS's ShieldWall-like Spell seems waay better since it seems to me he can mitigate 50% of the damage during 20% of the battle.

Maybe I'm overreacting since we have Shield Block and Critical block? ... ahem... cof cof... yes, I think I'm overreacting hehe.
    Still I would like to hear something from the more experienced warriors, opinions or something like that
    (Yep, I'm aware Warrs are still under development)
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

We have a shield, they don't so during the course of the fight they're taking a larger % of damage, this is to try to help mitigate that gap.

They don't have a shield but they don't need it. They have this slepp

Frost Presence
    ...increasing armor contribution from items by 45%..

but anyways I decided to make some fast calculations 'cause today work is da poop and I found that there is a mystical balance (or is it Mistical.. I'm too lazy to search) Shield Block and Critical block are pretty nice so in the end I think we will take same or even less damage having the chance to block for even 2K damage (or maybe more?) well.. that assuming I'm understanding the new shield block the right way (100% you will block, 100% extra BV)

The point is, My QQ doesn't matter haha

[dit just to clarify: Slepp = spell. I laugh at work >.< yes I'm that bored]

+45% armor contribution from items almost makes up for the armor they're not getting from a shield
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Yep DeathKnights look really sick. Very tempting to try... but I'll stick to my dwarf warrior tank
    BTW Lore... Eat this!

Last edited by kazis; 08-30-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kazis View Post

I know that when I was already wearing the SSO one, the Maiden one dropped, and I passed it to someone else since the hit rating and expertise, not to mention the extra stam, is a lot more valuable...to me, anyway.

Ok, now my random question. I asked this is another thread I made, but it was at the very bottom, so it kind of got passed over (so far, at least).

I don't really like the fact that the +20 Defense Anticipation talent is being replaced (at least so says the WotLK talent tree atm) by +5 Dodge Anticipation. Maybe they're looking at it as our gear eventually gets us above the magical 490 Def (which, I have no clue if or how that's going to change for Wrath), like it does now. I could actually take out the 5 points from Anticipation now and still remain above 490, so maybe they're thinking the extra Dodge will be more valuable.

lol, now that I'm thinking about it, at this particular moment, I could actually use the Dodge more than the Defense. I'm just thinking ahead, however, and since I don't know how valuable the +Def will be, it kind of worries me.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

Okay thanks, I'll use the SSO one then. I'll get the maiden one for avoidance set

Glad to help!

Now if I could just get a couple opinions on my own question, I'd be happy.....maybe I'll delete it here and start a new thread for it.

Oh, and btw, since you're already Exalted with Aldor, be prepared for Light's Ward to proc quite often: +100 dodge. It's beyond awesome, especially if you have Mongoose and it procs at teh same time( which happens a surprising amount), so combine your base mitigation with +100 dodge and +120 agi, and of course, continually spamming Shield Block, and you'll see nothing but an endless stream of dodge, parry, dodge, miss, dodge, block, 1431, dodge, dodge, parry, etc, etc.

It's one of my favorite things in the entire game, tbh.
    Last edited by salihe; 08-31-2008 at 12:57 PM.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

+ Reply to Thread