+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Does One Handed Weapon Specialization increase ALL the physical damage you deal as the tooltip states? Like Thunder Clap, Revenge, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderhorn View Post
    Does One Handed Weapon Specialization increase ALL the physical damage you deal as the tooltip states? Like Thunder Clap, Revenge, etc?
    Yes.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

it should. It basically states that while you have 1 handed weapon equipped, any damage you do will be multiplied by an additiona 1.1 modifier.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quick Question, Yes/no, Will you be able to have 2 specs and switch between them in WotLK, Ive read articles which deffinatly sounded like so, but I just wana be sure thats not just a beta thing, or just be being more dyxlexic than I already am...

Thanks!

not implemented yet on beta, no confirmation from blue if it will or will not. So for now, speculative.

This is a small question with a long answer I suspect, given our tanking gear is going to be high on strength, what sort of dps could a normal prot specced warrior in prot gear do if he swopped to dw during a fight? I'm guessing his crit will be low and hit, maybe 2handing would be better?
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

no, strangely enough when testing overall effective dps boosts for a dw prot warrior, str was prioritized as the highest boosting dps stat. of course you don't wanna miss so if you can get 142 hit somehow, great, but otherwise, even with low crit, due to the bonus of 10% extra str from vitality, str will scale your dps the fastest.

I have no clue what sort of dps they can put out. Right now in full fury gear dw devestate i can put out over 900 dps.

I could probably answer you in the shoutbox Shorty but using the forums is fun once in awhile.

I still think dual weilding would be better even in WotLK because you have Devastate, going to a two hander would leave you without an efficient attack. I guess you could still Slam and Whirlwind if you wanted.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

1.5 second casted slam? lol.

I've never tried it but it's possible
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Kazey, when you do your dual wield dev do you use slow/slow and WW or do you use slow/fast and concentrate on keeping devistate going?

Which isn't to mean that I don't WW, I just find that I do better using slow/fast and using a lot of dev/HS with WW when its on cooldown. My second best weapon is a fast weapon too, so that might have something to do with it.
    I'm so tanky I get up at 5:40 in the morning.

Whats Next.

Ok I just reached 57 expertise skill in my threat set. It sucks that in order to get this far I had to sacrafice a 2k hp differance from my EH set leaving me at around 15.5k unbuffed. I hope that will fly in boss fights that req. threat.

So my question is:
    What is the next stat I should increase to pump out more threat?

I have a + 10 hit rating gem in my T4 helm and my Khorium Destroyer to increase my hit up to 101 hit raiting so Im not capped. Im wondering should I swap those gems out for more Stam to help bring that 15.5k unbuffed hp up a bit. Or leave them and stack more hit in the future for more threat?
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I have a + 10 hit rating gem in my T4 helm and my Khorium Destroyer to increase my hit up to 101 hit raiting so Im not capped. Im wondering should I swap those gems out for more Stam to help bring that 15.5k unbuffed hp up a bit. Or leave them and stack more hit in the future for more threat?
    Normally I wouldn't gem for +hit, but it sounds like you're at that point in T4/T5 where hit really isn't that easy to come by. Are you chain-drinking ironshield potions on the hardest bosses? If not, starting to do that will make up for those gems against physical attacks until you can get enough hit.

My question - why is a squirrel eyeing me at the top of the page? I don't have any food!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasra View Post
    My question - why is a squirrel eyeing me at the top of the page? I don't have any food!
    It's a marmot, and most of the story behind it lies in this Tankspot podcast.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

okay so my 1st post my 1st character my 1st tank and im learning a lot still, finally got to 70m about a week ago and im still working on tank gear what id like to know is ive got the "Crystalline Kopesh" sword at mo but i ocasionally have problems generating threat so i as wondering if i was to invest in a higher damage sword for more dps if that would be a better choice? say for example i was looking at "Merciless Gladiator's Slicer" and thought i would ask before i either make a decent decision or a noob choice also if the answer is no please let me know if there are any items from pvp that i should consider to use as starter tanking gear
    thanks in advance

With regards to my earlier question, im still wondering this.

If my expertise is maxed at 57 skill in my threat set, What is the next stat I should increase to pump out more threat?
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 08-17-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by nex-loricatus View Post
    okay so my 1st post my 1st character my 1st tank and im learning a lot still, finally got to 70m about a week ago and im still working on tank gear what id like to know is ive got the "Crystalline Kopesh" sword at mo but i ocasionally have problems generating threat so i as wondering if i was to invest in a higher damage sword for more dps if that would be a better choice? say for example i was looking at "Merciless Gladiator's Slicer" and thought i would ask before i either make a decent decision or a noob choice also if the answer is no please let me know if there are any items from pvp that i should consider to use as starter tanking gear
    thanks in advance

Getting the glads sword won't help you with this problem. The best bet that you can do is try and stack shield block value where you can for your threat sets. Yes you will need more than one set for tanking.

I have a threat and a hp/mitigation set, and I know I still need to have more lol. Shield block value will increase your shield slam damage and will therefore increase your threat. Gnomeregan auto blocker is great for this is you can afford losing a trinket for it.

However the biggest problem with your low threat is probably from your rotation. Make sure it is Shield Slam -> Revenge -> Devestate -> Devastate repeat. Use skills you need to refresh like thunder clap, demo shout or battle/commanding shout in the place of one of the devastates.

If you rage spikes over 50, hit heroic strike as well. Focus on keeping as close to this rotation as possible, and I think your threat will skyrocket.
    Last edited by Chosenx; 08-19-2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: LOL shield block ><

I assume everytime you said Shield Block you meant Shield Slam
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Smaken View Post
    Kazey, when you do your dual wield dev do you use slow/slow and WW or do you use slow/fast and concentrate on keeping devistate going?

Which isn't to mean that I don't WW, I just find that I do better using slow/fast and using a lot of dev/HS with WW when its on cooldown. My second best weapon is a fast weapon too, so that might have something to do with it.
    Pick your best dps weapon in your offhand. Your highest top end weapon should be in your mainhand. I dual wield [item]Breeching Comet[/item] currently and it's worked fine for me. Like you said, if you're next best dps weapon happens to be fast, than so be it. The whole Slow/Fast argument normally leans towards Slow/Slow being the most beneficial but not at the expense of an overall dps decrease from weapons, (say 97 -> 85) that's just too big of a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa
    With regards to my earlier question, im still wondering this.

If my expertise is maxed at 57 skill in my threat set, What is the next stat I should increase to pump out more threat?
    I'd say your hit next, but again, gemming for hit probably isn't optimal, I'd say keeping your HP up is better for your survivability sake. As for the next threat after that, SBV or Armor Penetration are the next best. AP/Str/Crit are all okay but they do minimal changes to your overall tps.

I found this tidbit from Satrina.

"So far as we know, trash mobs have parry and dodge rates equal, and are 70/5.0%, 71/5.2%, 72/5.4%

For level 72 trash, then, you need 95 hit rating (6%) and 22 expertise (5.4%) to cap out. Wearing more than these is wasted"

So for my trash set wich would produce more threat? Keeping my threat set as it is with 57 expertise skill, or cutting out some of that expertise down to the 22 ish ball park and putting in more SBV gear?

+ Reply to Thread