+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Myntokk View Post
    Yes I know expertise and hit aren't that important in Kara etc., but I am tanking Illidan for the first time tonight. I am guessing as per the answer below me, I just need enough expertise to have 5.4% decreased chance to dodge/parry then.

Can anyone possibly lead me to any threads or discussions on this subject?
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldie View Post
    If you are tanking Illidan with a blue weapon you got some SERIOUS problems there

Worldie was replying to my post, not yours (I'm using blue weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Honorshammer View Post
    Clarification:

I have [item]Crescent of Forlorn Spirits[/item] and [item]Darkwater Talwar[/item]

I asked the question in a more general sense because I really hope to be replacing those specific weapons soon.
    Kinda beating a dead horse here, but both weapons deal the same damage per hit (25-48). Damage from instants will be the same with either weapon in the main hand.

In addition, the [item]Darkwater Talwar[/item]'s "on hit" will proc more often if it's in the main hand since instants count as attacks made with the weapon in the main hand.

Right?
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Hi, it's me again. New question. Slam.

My main is Paladin. We have no skill that is even similar. I just need a quick understand of how/when to use it. I think I understand what I'd do with a 2her (throw it after the 2her swings) but I'm not as clear on when to use it as DW Fury.

As a complete aside, and pretty much OT, my Warrior is a blast to play, and I still hate STV.

Edit: Although, I'm still waiting for that moment when my toon turns around to look at me and says "Dude, what part of NEED MORE RAGE, do you not understand?"
    Last edited by Honorshammer; 06-10-2008 at 10:51 AM.

if you're dw fury, you don't slam, at all.

DW Fury rotation is basically, keep BT and Whirlwind On CD all the time. white hits, and work in heroic strikes when you have enough rage to use it and still BT/WW when they light up.

Keep up Bshout and Rampage in spare GCD's, and that's about it.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

How do you find groups to run heroics with when you're just starting out? I join LFG for heroic mech and UB when I log on to do my dailies, but I never get an invite to a party even after hours of waiting. The only people who talk in the channel seem to want tanks for the daily heroic, which is most of the time an instance I feel is too hard for my skill and gear or an instance which I haven't even been in.

Do I just have to wait until the heroic of the day is one of the easier ones, or is there a better method to getting a party?

Just try the heroic of the day. Tell them ahead of time that you've never done it before, but they will take you anyway, as groups always need tanks for the daily.

It can also be helpful to put together your own group. Search though the queues of heroics you feel you can do, when you find one with people in it, invite them to a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Depends if you're MT want's an aggro group or a mitigation group.

If he were to go for survival, i'd probably say a tree druid, a paladin with devotion aura, a warlock, and probably a shaman dropping agi totem.

For threat: feral druid, BM hunter, enh shaman dropping wf totem, and someone with leatherworking =P
    As a warrior if I could have whatever I wanted, I'd ask for:
    Prot War (me)
    Feral Druid (OT) (for FF & Healing on crits)
    Resto Druid (for the healing buff)
    Enh Shaman (For the various totem effects)
    Lock (for the HP buff)

For a Tankadin I think it would be more like:
    Tankadin
    Arms War (Shouts, BF, ArP, TClap, Demo & HP Shout) (or lock, but Commanding shout is a bit more hps)
    Resto Druid
    Shadow Priest (mana regen, or lock if mana's not a problem)
    Shaman (WF works with Seal of Righteousness, or wrath of air if you need to front load quickly)
    I'm so tanky I get up at 5:40 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaken View Post
    As a warrior if I could have whatever I wanted, I'd ask for:
    Prot War (me)
    Feral Druid (OT) (for FF & Healing on crits)
    Resto Druid (for the healing buff)
    Enh Shaman (For the various totem effects)
    Lock (for the HP buff)

For a Tankadin I think it would be more like:
    Tankadin
    Arms War (Shouts, BF, ArP, TClap, Demo & HP Shout) (or lock, but Commanding shout is a bit more hps)
    Resto Druid
    Shadow Priest (mana regen, or lock if mana's not a problem)
    Shaman (WF works with Seal of Righteousness, or wrath of air if you need to front load quickly)
    Generally if the Tankadin won't need a Shadow Priest unless he overgears the content.

I'd take a Imp over a Shadow Priest any day, plus you already got the shaman who can drop a mana totem if needed.

EDIT: Though on something like BB, or even VR a Shad Priest would be nice.

The biggest thing I want from the Warrior is Commanding, TClap, and Demo. But he doesn't need to be in my group for TC or Demo, just Commanding.

I wasn't able to find any recommendations on which Blacksmithing speciality to take for my Warrior. It looks like Weaponsmithing might be the best way to go to get a nice tanking weapon right from the word go.

I just wish I were an Engineer/JC on my tank, I went armorsmith and used the Breastplate forever. I just wear it for threat atm. With the 100 badge chest available i guess weaponsmith is the way to go, but the difference in threat between a really great weapon and a decent weapen doesent seem that extreme to me. Rotations & expertise seem a lot more important than using a 100dps weapon over 75.

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    I just wish I were an Engineer/JC on my tank, I went armorsmith and used the Breastplate forever. I just wear it for threat atm. With the 100 badge chest available i guess weaponsmith is the way to go, but the difference in threat between a really great weapon and a decent weapen doesent seem that extreme to me. Rotations & expertise seem a lot more important than using a 100dps weapon over 75.
    What I may do is just go Armorsmith for the leveling gear like Ornate Mithril and maybe switch once we have some real data on what BS will look like in Wrath.

Just to clarify this is for my Warrior (lvl 39)
    Last edited by Honorshammer; 06-13-2008 at 12:53 PM.

T5 token.... what to get?

I just ninja'ed a T5 token from Vashj during an "Hey lets get some attunements done" run, and I can't really decide what to do with it, since I already have [item]Battleworn Tuskguard[/item] and [item]Warbringer Greathelm[/item] for EH and Threat, respectively. Get prot t5 for an avoidance piece? Replace my [item]Fel-Steel Warhelm[/item]? maybe get s2 since nothing else is worth it... any ideas?

Replace [item]Fel-Steel Warhelm[/item]. Gaining the meta socket on T5 to put a Relentless Earthstorm Diamond in is your best bet. Any helmet without a meta socket is less beneficial to your DPS than one with one (paraphrased from the thread like this on the DPS forum).
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Would appreciate if someone could take the time to answer two questions for me. This is my alt, and i'm currently just doing heroics and offtanking Karazhan pugs.
    First question, how's my gear for maintanking Karazhan? Focus more on hp or avoidance?
    Secondly, what should spend my badges on? Been thinking about Slikk's cloak, but not quite sure.
    Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Armory profile

Edit; badge count about 50 atm.
    Last edited by Nead; 06-26-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nead View Post
    Would appreciate if someone could take the time to answer two questions for me. This is my alt, and i'm currently just doing heroics and offtanking Karazhan pugs.
    First question, how's my gear for maintanking Karazhan? Focus more on hp or avoidance?
    Secondly, what should spend my badges on? Been thinking about Slikk's cloak, but not quite sure.
    Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Armory profile

Edit; badge count about 50 atm.
    1. I think you could probably MT all of Kara with what you have now. I think you have a decent balance between hp / avoidance. I would suggest that you look at each piece individually, and if its an upgrade (and it doesn't drop you below 490 def) then equip it.

2. The cloak is a good idea, but I would suggest taking a good long look at the tank ring from the Isle vendor, which is 60 badges and has both good stam and good dodge. [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item]
    I'm so tanky I get up at 5:40 in the morning.

As a tank that's leveling to 70, should I be using Enduring Deep Peridot or Solid Azure Moonstone for my socketable items?
    "To a Gnome, all avoidance is dodge."
    Road70Beyond.Blogspot.com

Leveling up, I'd say it depends on if you're being crit at your current level of content. Stacking stamina is your best bet for getting pick-up groups, but def/sta will decrease the amount of dps you take and probably be better for you in the long run (until you're uncrittable, that is).

The problem with this is, as you level up, the value of defense rating goes down, and you need more defense to remain uncrittable to the content you're doing.

Long story short, though, is it won't make a huge difference. Unless you're pushing the limit of your character and tanking dungeons that are designed for people 3 levels higher than you, you can put any gems in there and you'll probably be fine.

Once you hit 70, though, the whole game changes.

About healing threat:

Before any changes like BoS, is 1 point of healing 1 point of threat, like damage is? And since it splits between mobs, does every mob get "1 point of threat" from 1 healing done, or is the threat split between them, ie. if there's 2 mobs, each get 0.5 threat towards the healer?

Every point of healing is 0.5 threat. It isn't split between mobs, a heal for 2000 (assuming no other modifiers) will generate 1000 threat on every mob that's aware of the healer. For more details, see:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/evil-...de-threat.html

+ Reply to Thread