+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Depends if you're MT want's an aggro group or a mitigation group.

If he were to go for survival, i'd probably say a tree druid, a paladin with devotion aura, a warlock, and probably a shaman dropping agi totem.

For threat: feral druid, BM hunter, enh shaman dropping wf totem, and someone with leatherworking =P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Can raid bosses parry if you are attacking them from the rear?

no.

Nope, that's why every melee dps needs to attack from the rear. That way the tank doesnt have to survive extra parry attacks.

not to mention it helps dps dps harder, since dps'ing from the front means anywhere from 8-15% of their attacks are being avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Orik View Post
    Topic: Anetheron - MH:

It is possible that the MT can be target of Inferno ?

(Cast every minute on a random target. A meteor falls from the sky, dealing 2,500 fire damage, stunning the target for 2 seconds and summoning a Towering Infernal where it lands. The Towering Infernal has 220,000 health , doesn't hit hard, but has an Immolation dealing 3325 to 3675 fire damage every 2 seconds to everyone within 8 yards. lt. bosskillers.com)
    Yes the MT can.

Odd Shield Block Value Behavior

So I was curious how the block value was calcuated and ran some numbers.

Disclaimer: I have bad gear. Fresh 70 yet.

Block values:
    68 on shield
    44 from other gear
    11 from strength
    +30% from Shield Mastery

What I expected was if I added those values together and multiplied by 1.3, I'd get my total block value.
    68 + 44 + 11 = 123
    123 * 1.3 = 159.9

However, my character pane shows only 156.

If I don't include strength in the multiplier, I get:
    68 + 44 = 112
    112 * 1.3 = 145.6 + 11 = 156.6

Which, if the game just rounds down does match.

So it looks like Block value gained from strength does not get modified by the shield mastery talent. Does this theory match with other people's values? Did I miss something?

How Do I read WWS?

hey...just curious about this but:

How i read a WWS report and discern a tank's TPS from the info in there?
    it has nifty numbers and the like for DPS IN/OUT and Heals IN/OUT and damage Taken/Dealt.

but it has no obvious column or subsection that actually reads a tanks TPS. Is this something it doesn't do yet? if it is related to something in the combat log, how are threat mods able to function as they too (as far as i am aware anyway) work off the combat log (hence why with 2.3 (or was it 2.4) there was a lot of problems with threat meters not working properly)

Threat is not incorporated into wws but several people have written nifty websites to help you, for example Coolyo[dot]org and WowWebStats Tps Calculator

see http://www.tankspot.com/forums/theor...ds-pallys.html for a discussion about the latter.

ps, both require the web address of an individual fight for just the tank
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Expertise

I currently have 27 expertise on my normal boss-tanking gear. I keep asking other t6 tanks about expertise and how much is too much and none of them know.

I believe 27 expertise is 6.5% decreased chance to dodge/parry. I believe 6.5% is exactly what I need to push to dodges "off the table" but I am not sure.

I am an orc with the [Cleaver of the Unforgiving] if makes any difference

Edit: Oh, what I am asking by the way, sorry, was this: What expertise do I need to have a boss stop parrying me? I get parried, according to WWS, 10% of the time it seems, so I am guessing I will need a boatload more of expertise. Is 27 expertise too much? I unfortunately do not have too much gear to change out in favour of more avoidance or EH gear stats on my gear, i.e. I use a lot of the badge gear.

Breeching Comet - Item - World of Warcraft

vs

Inuuro's Blade - Item - World of Warcraft

The Comet's significantly higher DPS and slower speed should result in higher Devastates and white damage, is it worth the knock in speed and the lack of "tank" stats?

Found this --> http://www.tankspot.com/forums/gear-...before-bt.html

Still would like some info!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

How much expertise does one need to move Dodges/Parries off the table for Heroic (level72 max) mobs?

First question: Expertise and hit are extremely overrated when you are at low level of gear (namely, blues and kara gear). The higher DPS and slower speed will outpace easily the sword, but however, consider that 2.6 is very slow and might not suite you at all.

Still, 92 vs 70 dps... and better stats also (agi is also dodge)

Second question, you need to knock out 5.4% dodge and undefined amount of parry.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Yes I know expertise and hit aren't that important in Kara etc., but I am tanking Illidan for the first time tonight. I am guessing as per the answer below me, I just need enough expertise to have 5.4% decreased chance to dodge/parry then.

Can anyone possibly lead me to any threads or discussions on this subject?

When my Level 32 Fury Warrior Dual Weilds, should the slower weapon go into his off hand or main hand?

MH.

Quote Originally Posted by Myntokk View Post
    Yes I know expertise and hit aren't that important in Kara etc., but I am tanking Illidan for the first time tonight. I am guessing as per the answer below me, I just need enough expertise to have 5.4% decreased chance to dodge/parry then.

Can anyone possibly lead me to any threads or discussions on this subject?
    If you are tanking Illidan with a blue weapon you got some SERIOUS problems there
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    MH.
    Why put the slower one in the mainhand? Unless you have windfury totem, put whichever is higher dps in the main hand.

Apologies, i assumed that they were of near equivalent dps and ilvl, just that one was fast and one was slow. You want the slower in the MH if that is the situation due to the fact that attacks that are based on weapon damage calculate only your MH and not your OH. a fast MH would make these attacks much weaker.

Clarification:

I have [item]Crescent of Forlorn Spirits[/item] and [item]Darkwater Talwar[/item]

I asked the question in a more general sense because I really hope to be replacing those specific weapons soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorshammer View Post
    Clarification:

I have [item]Crescent of Forlorn Spirits[/item] and [item]Darkwater Talwar[/item]

I asked the question in a more general sense because I really hope to be replacing those specific weapons soon.
    Ah, I see. For those, you definitely want the crescent in the main hand, since it has higher dps. Our friend is right, however, that if they were similar damage per second, you would want the slow one in the mainhand for better overpowers, windfury weapon procs (if you're with a shaman) and other such attacks.

Now that whirlwind uses both weapons, however, a fury warrior hardly ever has to worry about which hand the slower weapon goes in.

+ Reply to Thread