+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hamarr View Post
    It's been asked before I know, with the consensus being Mongoose for avoidance and Executioner for threat, but the weapons I currently have are [item]The Sun Eater[/item] with Mongoose and [item]Quickening Blade of the Prince[/item] with Executioner. Yesterday I picked up [item]Mallet of the Tides[/item] and my first thought was to put Executioner on it and use Sun Eater as my avoidance weapon. But if I've done the maths correctly, Sun Eater only gives me about 0.75% avoidance more than the Mallet, and has 12 less stamina and no expertise.

So what I guess I'm asking is, should I go Sun Eater + Mongoose for avoidance, and Mallet + Executioner for threat

OR

Quickening + Executioner for threat, and Mallet + Mongoose?

Thanks in advance
    Warrior Move over, Sun Eater. - Page 3 - TankSpot

Hi all new to forums and have a quick question. I've just come back to my 53 warr after about 4 months of not playing him and after reading cider's new tank guide I've respecced to full fury and Dual-Wielding to continue leveling. Before I was arms/fury before, and now at full fury and after 4 months I'm kinda clueless about the lineup of skills I should be using in a fight. So could someone give me a general run down of what to use in a fight i.e. charge/rend/demoralizing shout/ etc... I could really use some help getting started again, thanks.

Only charge if you won't pull adds, otherwise use your ranged weapon to pull. Your rotation should go like this: Bloodthirst and Whirlwind every time you can (should be every cooldown, but you may not have the rage all the time being level 53). Keep Battle Shout up, and if you can spare the rage Rampage, but if not don't worry too much. Rampage is much too annoying for me to use most of the time when I'm out farming, and I generally kill stuff too quickly to reach 5 stacks anyway I'll make some more notes in dot point form to sum things up.

- Berserker stance is your friend. Use Battle for Charge and Mocking Blow. Overpower is a waste of time and rage unless you're PVPing. Also, don't be afraid to jump into Defensive if you are getting beaten on. A good warrior makes use of all their stances.

- Rend is a waste of rage. It's that simple.

- Use Bloodthirst and Whirlwind every cooldown (rage permitting), and throw in Heroic Stikes if you have extra rage.

- Keep up Battle Shout. Rampage is nice, but hard to use when soloing because the rage could be better spent on another attack. Use it in instances though.

- Slowest, highest DPS weapon goes in the main hand only. Fast or slow off hand is your choice, use whatever has the higher DPS at your level.

- Demoralising Shout is good if you're taking a lot of physical damage, but like Rampage I rarely use it when soloing because I kill fast enough to not need it. Your mileage will vary, use it if you feel like you're taking too much physical damage.

Good luck with it
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

anyone want to describe to me how to create an avatar? :P

Quote Originally Posted by griiffo View Post
    anyone want to describe to me how to create an avatar? :P
    1. Make sure you are logged in.
    2. Click on "Control Panel" next to your name near the top of the page.
    3. Along the left side click on "Edit Avatar".
    4. Follow the instructions to upload an image or link to an existing image on the web.
    That should do it.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

I was wondering if this forum was intended to cover the Feral aspect of tanking as it seems to be very warroir/tankadin focused? If not or if does anyone know of a dedicated forum to Feral tanking?

BTW I do love all of the pod cast and all that I have learned here for my warroir, just looking to either contribute more on the Feral end of things or find a place that has done it already.

I have a question about the recent new chest/bracer/clock---> +def enchant. I always uses +150 hp/12 stam/ 12 agi. The problem I run into is the +def on chest and bracer, they seems to have more tankpoints when I ran against the hp enchant on the tankpoints calculator? Should I use def over hp enchant, btw, I have 500 def already.

Are there any good guide, or any at all @_@, for people who want to make a paladin? There is one for new warriors. But I can only find a paladin tank guide. =/ THANKS!

Does parrying damage your weapon at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Timetheos View Post
    Does parrying damage your weapon at all?
    All forms of cabative interactions effect durability (outside of duelling) to a certain extent, hitting/being hit etc as long as there's contact made. As far as i know though; there's no way to calculate how many times you would have to parry to lose 1 point of durability lol

Hey guys I'm looking for a thread that says breaks down the threat modifiers for all different classes with talents and such. It's like a chart or something. I've seen it at Tankspot before but couldn't find the thread using the search function. Thanks in advance for any help.

Is low block value something I should be concerned about?

I'm currently sitting at 368 block value for T5 content and will lose another 30 if I get lucky and [item]Boots of the Resilient[/item] drop. Threat itself isn't a huge problem yet due to 33 expertise (110 rating), but it's not very effective past "soft-cap".

Sorry for little bit rushed question, but I'm bit short on time as I'm writing this.

Armory link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    I have a question about the recent new chest/bracer/clock---> +def enchant. I always uses +150 hp/12 stam/ 12 agi. The problem I run into is the +def on chest and bracer, they seems to have more tankpoints when I ran against the hp enchant on the tankpoints calculator? Should I use def over hp enchant, btw, I have 500 def already.
    I can't tell you whether you need more defense or stamina without knowing your overall stats and what content you are working on.

However from a strict stats-efficiency point of view, the bracers and chest defense enchant are more valuable than the stam and hp enchants for the same slots. If you ever decide that you want to increase your avoidance beyond the basic stats on your existing gear, getting those two enchants should be the first thing you do before you start socketing avoidance gems.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianpimp View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking for a thread that says breaks down the threat modifiers for all different classes with talents and such. It's like a chart or something. I've seen it at Tankspot before but couldn't find the thread using the search function. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Threat - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Sort of. What I'm looking for specifically was a post here on tank spot that had a chart that accounted for salv, talents, passive reductions, tank modifiers, etc. that showed up for each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianpimp View Post
    Sort of. What I'm looking for specifically was a post here on tank spot that had a chart that accounted for salv, talents, passive reductions, tank modifiers, etc. that showed up for each class.
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/evil-...de-threat.html

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Compa View Post
    So, I was checking some warriors and I found that a lot of warriors stack Shield Block Value and keep Dodge and Parry relatively low (14 - 20%)
    and Shield Block Rating quite high (30 - 35%)

IMO, we should not stack SBR but SBV since the spell "Shield Block" will do its work. But, Am I missing something?
    I have the T4 Gloves and the Maiden gloves. should I use the T4 'cause of the SBR and lose the Parry rating and the bonus (Wich imo is nice!!) in order to get the Block Rating?.. I mean, in boss fights BR will be always up. so what's the point of having such a high Block Rating? I try to keep them on par as possible so the damage I take is well distributed.. but now I have my doubts :P
    Tanks tend to end up having larger amounts of block rating because you get block rating for free from defense, and its dropped on a lot of tank equipment as a filler stat. Dodge and parry aren't being kept low, its just that it takes more dodge & parry rating for 1% than it does for block rating. For mitigation purposes, Parry > Dodge > Block > Smack upside the head.

On the other hand, they may be shooting for an uncrushable set, which is another subject entirely. Here's a link about that: The Road to Passive Uncrushable - Warriors - TankingTips.com

Quote Originally Posted by pootail View Post
    hi was just wanted to no is the taunt cap for pallys 9% 142 hit rating or is it the same as warriors 16% with 1% unavoidable to resist. plz put theroycraft for it to if ya can
    If you're talking about the Paladin spell Righteous Defense it uses melee hit, but with an odd exception. Here is the excerpt from EJ:

Hit affects auto-attack, Seal of Blood, Avenger's Shield, Hammer of Wrath and Righteous Defense. It takes a bit less than 9% hit to be hit capped, the exception is Righteous Defense, while it uses melee hit to reduce it's chance to be resisted, it has the resist rate a spell does, so you'd need 16% hit to cap it against level 73's and bosses.
    I'm so tanky I get up at 5:40 in the morning.

Topic: Anetheron - MH:

It is possible that the MT can be target of Inferno ?

(Cast every minute on a random target. A meteor falls from the sky, dealing 2,500 fire damage, stunning the target for 2 seconds and summoning a Towering Infernal where it lands. The Towering Infernal has 220,000 health , doesn't hit hard, but has an Immolation dealing 3325 to 3675 fire damage every 2 seconds to everyone within 8 yards. lt. bosskillers.com)

New druid tank here

Looking for a way to tank 3 mobs at a time ( I do use CC when I have them). Im having trouble holding 3. The dps is usually pretty quick to start (But arent they always).

Im just wandering if as a druid am I doing every thing I can to hold mobs. If i know ill be tanking 3 ill usually starfire skull and moon fire x, bear form, and start a mangle swipe rotation. {this is definately different then tanking on my pally}hehe

Or is there a better way. Pls help?

almost forgot, I am uncritable. 13.7k hp, 23.?k armor, and about 26%dodge with around 1k ap. Shantarra Undermine/US
    Last edited by huffpl; 05-19-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: more info

Quick question. My guild is in BT and there has been a dispute over who should be in the MT group and who should not. What would an optimum group be for the MT?

(This is mainly about having an affliction warlock or not)

+ Reply to Thread