+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

block rating determines the percentage for you to actually block an attack. block value determines how much damage is blocked and also affects how much damage your shield slam does.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Well I have a small dilema. Right now I have 486 def Without anticipation. the problem is I have 3 chests and I can't decide wich one to use.
    Breastplate of the Bold (495 Def 16.X Dodge, 15.5XParry, 20.X Block, 12.1K HP)
    JadeSkull Breastplate (486 Def, 15.4x Dodge, 15.2X Parry, 23.X Block, 12.3K HP)
    Vindicator's Hauberk (497 Def, 15.X Dodge, 15.X Parry, 20.X Block, 12.19K HP)

Right now I have Jadeskull for the extra HP and block, less avoidance but much more block and I think that after the respec I will get over 490 def but should I equip another one? >.<

--edit--
    I'm thinking on keep using the Vindicator's and switch some Def Gems for Stamina gems. but my Block will drop 3&#37; :S does 3% points on block really make a difference?
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

block rating means little to nothing to a warrior unless you are trying for passive uncrushability.

Gem for maximum stamina, keep yourself at 490 defense WITH anticipation (its 5 talents that are awesome you'll want to get them anyways to tech down the prot tree) and try to balance your overall stats with an emphasis on hp/armor. Block won't matter to you really, its block value that counts most.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

ok, thanx a lot
    I will keep Vindicator's Hauberk to maximize my def with Anticipation and then swap some def gems for stamina gems.
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Agamaggan/63268.jpg
    "But I know Pain. Oh I know pain. And Sometimes I share it...with someone like you" Batman - Year One

Comba, you can use [item]<item>[/item] commands to show items.

For instance,

[item]Breastplate of the Bold[/item]
    [item]Jade-Skull Breastplate[/item]
    [item]Vindicator's Hauberk[/item]

Personally, I'd choose either [item]Breastplate of the Bold[/item] or [item]Jade-Skull Breastplate[/item], due to the superior stamina (which of course would come from 3x[item]Solid Star of Elune[/item] in the Bold chest).
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Ok going on my second newb question of the day, but what is expertise? I have yet to see this in my whole time as a 70 (hangs head in shame) and am not sure about all the new expertise talk with the new patch!!

Thanks again

go for [item]Jade-Skull Breastplate[/item] not as much stamina as the bold set but the shieldblock does it for me . get 150 hp enchant for it
    Carefish - Fury Warrior - Chromaggus EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dilly View Post
    Ok going on my second newb question of the day, but what is expertise? I have yet to see this in my whole time as a 70 (hangs head in shame) and am not sure about all the new expertise talk with the new patch!!

Thanks again
    Expertise was only just introduced with the 2.3 patch. It replaces weapon skill.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

what does QQ mean?
    If the healer dies, its your fault. if you die, its the healers fault. if the dps dies its their own darn fault.

QQ is a smiley that appears as 2 big eyes, with tears coming out of them.

It means, Crying.

So "Stop QQ'ing" means stop crying/whining/bishing.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

thanks, ive been wondering that for months now! i feel dumb.
    If the healer dies, its your fault. if you die, its the healers fault. if the dps dies its their own darn fault.

i am planning on buying the s2 shield next week and i was wondering how i can calculate how much defense im gonna need to remain uncrittable with the shields resilience.

Pretty sure this is correct (and hope 2.3 hasn't changed what shows when you mouse over defense and resilience)

You need a combination that reduce crits by 5.6%

39.4 resilience rating = 1% crit reduction
    2.366 defense rating = 1 defense = .04% crit reduction.

-- if you don't like maths the bottom number when mousing over defense + the top number when mousing over resilience need to be 5.6% or higher to be crit immune against bosses.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

thx alot!

one more thing

what link do i use to get that link that calculates effective health and the rest of that jazz with the gear you last logged off on? and Im in BurningBlade which has a space, if i remember correctly, theres a problem with the space, i have to replace it with something?

nevermind, i found the thread that explains it

Trying to get my Alt Mage keyed for Kara....wondering, now that everyone is running pretty much only Heroics, do the Kara Frag quests still allow me to pick up the frag in heroic mode. SV for instance, need the frag, can I still swim down and get it in heroic SV?

My guild has been running gruuls for about a month or so, and now were all running ZA.

My question is on +hit and +expertise needed for War, Pally and Feral druid tanks.

Some of my guildies are a bit confused on what numbers are tanks should have. can someone provide me with numbers and &#37;, of what requirements our tanks should be at.

War:
    +Hit =? (# and %)
    +Expertise = ? (# and %)

Feral Druid:
    +hit =? (# and %)
    +Expertise = ? (# and %)

Pally:
    +Hit = ? (# and %)
    +Expertise =? (#and %)
    + Spell dam/hit (if this is really needed)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
    Trying to get my Alt Mage keyed for Kara....wondering, now that everyone is running pretty much only Heroics, do the Kara Frag quests still allow me to pick up the frag in heroic mode. SV for instance, need the frag, can I still swim down and get it in heroic SV?
    Yes, you can.

So I'm assuming we all saw the images of the Zul'Aman style shields in all their different color schemes. So why then did we get a reuse of the ZG and Gruul shields in the actual instance?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/n...manshields.jpg
    "We're going to need a bigger dragon."

Quote Originally Posted by antdog View Post
    My guild has been running gruuls for about a month or so, and now were all running ZA.

My question is on +hit and +expertise needed for War, Pally and Feral druid tanks.

Some of my guildies are a bit confused on what numbers are tanks should have. can someone provide me with numbers and &#37;, of what requirements our tanks should be at.

War:
    +Hit =? (# and %)
    +Expertise = ? (# and %)

Feral Druid:
    +hit =? (# and %)
    +Expertise = ? (# and %)

Pally:
    +Hit = ? (# and %)
    +Expertise =? (#and %)
    + Spell dam/hit (if this is really needed)

Thank you
    You should be more concerned with the threat they generate and less with the stats they have to generate their threat imo.

with that being said,
    almost every guild that has done gruuls has done it before expertise existed. a warrior gets 6 expertise from defiance; im fairly sure thats a .25% increase per point so 1.5% less of a chance to get dodged and another 1.5% to get parried, so 3% more hit total. Even without any plus hit gear on, a prot warrior is gonna have more hit then many tanks that have tanked gruul.

if you're tank is having a hard time holding aggro, then you migth ask him to put more threat gear on, but i wouldnt look for a minimum for threat stats.
    Last edited by orwin; 11-16-2007 at 07:07 AM.

I'd second the fact that expertise is not "needed" - especially for non-agro sensitive progression fights, however having a set with a couple of pieces on would be a big bonus to farm-fights. I wore the new bracers and neck heroic badge pieces to kara last night and saw a 40dps increase in my dps, and close to the expected 4% decrease in parry and dodge. I suspect that a warrior finding space in their gear sets may be slightly easier than pallys who may choose to stack spellhit for the same fights we choose to stack expertise. For druids, I'm not sure what gear there is available apart from the heroic badges neck and lower city ring.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

+ Reply to Thread