+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1328

Thread: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Important small question for everyone to consider. 6 years of World of Warcraft with 3 expansions, and so many cool new thingies with seahorses and jousting and Indiana Jones ripoffs.....all this and blizzard has YET to allow you to shuffle your characters' positions around on your character list on a server.

Humor that.
    Speak out! Ask for Stargate Atlantis to be brought back!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

Hey, I have played a rogue since day one and have always done end gaming raiding. I quit when ICC came out and am now coming back to cataclysm, I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight as to what would be the best leveling spec now a days, and whats going on between muti vs combat raiding.

P.s I was also wondering if anyone knows where I could get my hands on the pictures used in the intro of the PST show that lore does, trying to get them to do a painting for my college art class. Thanks in advance for feedback/advice/answers.

so stormwind has been reborn in the wake of deathwing's passing...... and yet................that dame boat in sw harbor is still under construction?
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

Quote Originally Posted by chazzhelion View Post
    I have never tanked anything on any class. Have been searching web for Cataclysm-specific basics on how to pally tank. I have not found anything yet. Thanks in advance if anybody can suggest where to look.

Queueing as dps in cata is totally not working. Still have my justice points, so could spend them on tank gear instead of dps. Plus, saved the green/blue tanking pieces from leveling.
    You can try maintankadin, but as I'm not a paladin I've rarely visited that site. But if you haven't tanked before, I would *strongly* recommend you start off with the lvl 85 non-heroic dungeons to get your feet wet. Also it's a good way to learn how to pull and position bosses.

In general, when it comes to positioning the tankspot guides are universal between the tank classes. When it comes to a threat rotation (and again I'm no pally so this may or may not be accurate) you can try this to get you started:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ns-939-AOE-HDH

Good luck

Here's a question now that I'm finally 85.

What kind of dps numbers are you guys pulling when starting heroics?

What numbers would you expect a raider to pull in heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Here's a question now that I'm finally 85.

What kind of dps numbers are you guys pulling when starting heroics?

What numbers would you expect a raider to pull in heroics?
    Depends on the class, spec, current gear, and fighting context.

Just like in Wrath of the Lich King, measuring DPS on heroics is meaningless for comparing to raids. Reason being is because things die at different speeds. The same is true of comparing trash DPS to boss DPS.

If you really want to know, look into the theorycrafting behind the particular class and spec. Run the numbers. And compare to a simple benchmark test such as a target dummy to see how that individual is performing. Currently in Cataclysm I would say the closest encounter to a Patchwerk benchmark test would be Argaloth in Baradin Hold. While the mechanics of the encounter are slightly ranged biased, it is currently the closest thing to a tank and spank burn.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by praetoria View Post
    so stormwind has been reborn in the wake of deathwing's passing...... and yet................that dame boat in sw harbor is still under construction?
    because it is being built under a labor union contract.

Quick tanking question. I want to make sure im not totally missing something here. I play a prot pally and am quite a successful tank and rather enjoy it but I noticed something. When pulling spellcasters, sometimes they run to me and sometimes they stay where they are and start casting spells. While the rest of the pull is gathered to me, sometimes the casters stay back and 'cause me to have to question what the best method is to get the caster's aggro? Should I bring the group to him/her or hope for an interrupt? And is there a 100% way to pull a spellcaster to you that I am missing? it seems to be 50/50 for most of the time and I just want to make sure Im' tanking to the maximum effect. Any help I try to get from random people on my server call me a noob and say I should know this but obviously this does not help for we all start somewhere right?

Re: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

They are calling you a noob because they are ***holes. However, it is fairly common knowledge that you break line-of-sight to pull ranged mobs (casters included). That means after the pull, you hide behind something. If there is nowhere to hide, your first choice is to have someone silence the mob and it will run into melee range. Otherwise, you can run out of range and they will follow. Also, having a mage sheep or some other CC that incapacitates the mob until you can go get him works wonders too.

Hope that helps!

thx a million! This is exactly what I needed, peace of mind.

Putting up a new thread about this seemed irrelevant so I'll put it here. Unfortunately I'm hitting a burnout area. I've played since Classic and burning out this early into Cataclysm just seems wrong seeing as how I never got to do any raiding just yet. I know the fights and want to raid again and enjoy the game, but I also have a little alt syndrome. I could never truly find a fit to a character I wanted to play that was enjoyable. I have an 85 hunter, but I've disliked playing it since midway through WoLK. I have a few decent level characters I can choose from, but I still have to end up leveling some of them. I've thought about switching realms to one I would enjoy and would have a decent raiding guild that I could go into to finally start. Transfer fees aren't an issue, but they are still agitating. My current GM went to basic and didn't do anything with the guild so that way he could get things running when he returned.
    I've known him forever, but I feel that sticking around, with my 85 hunter nonetheless, is only damaging my experience and I could be trying to find the character that I would enjoy playing with. I've mulled possibilities in my head multiple times but it feels I'm only stalling anymore. I want the experience, but even with Cataclysm, I've leveled a few characters and leveling through everything again is grueling. If I must, I'll suck it up and level anyway. Any suggestions out there Tankspotters?

I am by no means a problem solver but figured I'd respond having been in your situation and I'll tell you my problem was the guild as well.

I had a vision of what a guild was and thought that was it until I started coming on this site and others and really delving deeper into the whole issue and I soon realized that guilds run wayyy deeper than what I had thought and so I respectfully stepped down from the hugely inactive guild I was in and began searching for a new one. Low and behold after many applications and whatnot, I found a new guild and fit right in. This breathed a whole new life into the game for me and I actually find myself again doing my daily things thinking about WoW and longing to get back to play again. I haven't felt this since BC so believe me, I feel you.

This new guild does everything together, organizes fun activities, daily quest grinds, dungeon runs and raids with no added pressure. Bottom line is for me, the right guild made ALL the difference and I think that will help you too. New people, strategies and approaches to the game should give you the spark you need to get out of the burnout you're feeling. Good question for PST as well. PM Lore and ask him, he may feature it on his show for he gets a lot of similar questions and answers them well.

That does sounds quite interesting. I've always thought that there was some guild that I would really fit into. The huge issue I face is whether or not certain raiding guilds would accept a not quite raid ready character and would be willing to wait until they are 85 and can get raids done, whether with the guild or pugs until the gear is up to par. I did in fact send a PM to Lore about the issue, in similar words. It wasn't featured this week but after he had stated that he does save questions for a future show and answers some from weeks before, I figured I would get some ideas from everyone here while I wait and find out if it does get featured.

Re: Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve a Thread

Quote Originally Posted by julescote76 View Post
    Quick tanking question. I want to make sure im not totally missing something here. I play a prot pally and am quite a successful tank and rather enjoy it but I noticed something. When pulling spellcasters, sometimes they run to me and sometimes they stay where they are and start casting spells. While the rest of the pull is gathered to me, sometimes the casters stay back and 'cause me to have to question what the best method is to get the caster's aggro? Should I bring the group to him/her or hope for an interrupt? And is there a 100% way to pull a spellcaster to you that I am missing? it seems to be 50/50 for most of the time and I just want to make sure Im' tanking to the maximum effect. Any help I try to get from random people on my server call me a noob and say I should know this but obviously this does not help for we all start somewhere right?
    Hitting casters with your Avenger's Shield should do the trick. Aim for them rather the scariest looking ones since they are harder to corral than melee mobs.

virtual reforging?

Hi there,

I had a quick look on google without success. Does anybody of you know of an online tool where i can upload my character and then can play around with reforging? Like maxing different stats to see how much it hurts on other stats.

thanks

Elu

What are the resistance caps today for 10%, 20% etc in resistance rating.

I'm trying to find out how valuable Prismatic Elixir is for some fights like Nefarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Elumort View Post
    I had a quick look on google without success. Does anybody of you know of an online tool where i can upload my character and then can play around with reforging? Like maxing different stats to see how much it hurts on other stats.
    I'm using http://chardev.org - works like a charm for me.

Hey guys,
    Long time ago someone posted a page http://rehfeld.us/wow/tps/ This was able to figure your TPS using WWS logs. Since WWS dosen't work anymore does anyone know of one that works with WoL logs?
    I came, I saw, I tanked, I wiped my butt with a Rabbit! Thats how bears do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache View Post
    how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
    The owl says...three

First time poster, and this didn't seem like something deserving of it's own thread...I've seen several skeletonized dragon mounts flying around Stormwind, and figure it'd be pretty appropriate for a death knight's mount...I've looked on Wowwiki and Thottbot, but can't find anything on where to get one of these mounts. Is there some sort of quest line for them, or are they a random world drop?

+ Reply to Thread