+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armor Enchant to Cloak

Armor Enchant to Cloak

Just wrote up a very small bit of math for the WoW-US forums, was a bit surprised to see the Armor Enchant scaling line up so well on level 73 creatures (it's a couple decimals off).

An additional 120 Armor on 10,000 Health will allow you to take 100 more raw damage;
    An additional 120 Armor on 15,000 Health will allow you to take 150 more raw damage;
    An additional 120 Armor on 20,000 Health will allow you to take 200 more raw damage.

Not to say Dodge or Agility are bad enchants for cloak; those are the raw numbers for Armor so you are aware of just what you are getting.

Dodge to cloak represents about ~0.63% Avoidance. Armor to Cloak represents a ~1% increase to Effective Health and a ~0.99% reduction to mitigated incoming damage from a level 73 creature.

For me, I placed +120 Armor to Gilded Thorium as that's my primary cloak and also my high Armor/Stam cloak. I have Dodge on my Devilshark and switch that in whenever I want a bit more Avoidance and a very slight reduction to Crushing Blows.

The slight reduction in crushing blows he is (likely) talking about is the fact that with more avoidance shield block lasts longer, reducing over all chance of being crushed throughout a battle.

Just wanted to clear that up for anyone who might be a little confused. Unless I'm wrong?

Yes!

+ Reply to Thread