+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Earthshield and effective health

Earthshield and effective health

Not sure if this is still true, but back when I was a shaman healer, earthshield would prevent you from dying, which means it would funchtion kinda like block when computing effective health, however because it can only have the possibility of ticking every 3 seconds, it may not happen during a burst. However, if over the course of the healer "reaction time" for your EH you are getting bursted a lot, it's not likely that you took damage just before the burst (delay in autto attack, etc) would the healing from an earthshield count towards your effective health in general, or would you discount that from the burst scenario entirely, much the same way you would a HoT, which cannot save you from death.

In my mind, the goal of Effective Health Theory is to place you, the tank, in the worst possible situation and see how long you can live.

That includes no Earth Shield, no Prayer of Mending, no ticking HoTs, no dodges, misses, or parries, and a crew of healers that are all AFK trying to find a fiver to the pizza man.

So I wouldn't consider ES as Effective Health if I was gearing myself for a particular fight; you have control over what gear you wear, but you don't have control over whether or not your Shaman remembers to ES you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oda View Post
    In my mind, the goal of Effective Health Theory is to place you, the tank, in the worst possible situation and see how long you can live.

That includes no Earth Shield, no Prayer of Mending, no ticking HoTs, no dodges, misses, or parries, and a crew of healers that are all AFK trying to find a fiver to the pizza man.

So I wouldn't consider ES as Effective Health if I was gearing myself for a particular fight; you have control over what gear you wear, but you don't have control over whether or not your Shaman remembers to ES you.
    lol damn those sneaky fivers hiding from our healers

+ Reply to Thread