+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2% threat vs 15 agi vs 8 stam to gloves

2% threat vs 15 agi vs 8 stam to gloves

Wanted to have a sane conversation, not like the warrior forums one.

imo: 15 agi is pretty much always better than 8 stam. From an itemization standpoint, there are ways to trade avoidance and threat stats for stam far far more efficiently than this. 15 is just a lot more than 8.

2% threat is a lot more threat than 15 agi, which is about .5% crit or .3% threat. But the agi gives armor and dodge, and some damage.

Overall I'd take 2% threat for anything threat sensitive, and 15 agi for anything else.

My personal solution:

I have two copies of guantlets of the maiden. (Second dropped when we had feral druid OT and no pallies). One has 2% threat and two 8 hit gems (5 man/trash/east farm bosses/void reaver), and one has 15 agi and two 12 stam gems (other bosses)

Since your min/maxing I think I'd put 8 stam on your EH gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartorn View Post
    Since your min/maxing I think I'd put 8 stam on your EH gloves.
    15 agi >> 8 stam imo.

If it was 8 agi vs 8 stam i'd take the stam.

I'm not just going for a max effective health set, I'm going for a general set, and a thret set.

Two sets of Maiden gloves, eh? Jerk.

I am using a +8 stam kit on my tier 4 gloves atm but am switching to the +15 agi. Its easy enough to march over to the AH and pick up the kit for nothing and slap it on after ther raid, via the Aldor swap meet guy who gave me the gloves. I'm not killing myself with the 8 stam instead but the 15 AGI is superior, IMO.

Threat if you need it. If DPS is pushing you or you are holding them back, it may be a big benefit to the raid but in most cases, I don't think its the best choice.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

If I was MT or used as MT for bosses I would get threat. that 2% is nto much if you break it down strike by strike, but when you add it up ove the course of a fight, it a large amoutn fo threat, and it let DPS go at it 2% more as well :P

As on OT I would get agl - threat should nto be an issue in any way, so power to the midigation

My plan was to leave the +15 agi on my T4 gloves for my avoidance set which i use on trash and lower bosses, and then put the +2% threat on my Maiden gloves for my EH set and glass chewing bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonstorm View Post
    15 agi >> 8 stam imo.

If it was 8 agi vs 8 stam i'd take the stam.

I'm not just going for a max effective health set, I'm going for a general set, and a thret set.
    In that case I'd just slap 2% threat on the double stam gemmed gloves as well.

You are forgetting about the healers guys. Extra 2% threat means 2% more healing. It's all about the control and therefore threat is superior in my book.

I'm trying out threat and I can notice a difference.

Its kindof cool to get +2% threat on thunderclaps, which we couldnt previously improve the threat of. Helps a little bit in holding multimob aggro over healers or aoeers.

In the end it's 2.95% threat btw.

BTW: i'm going for threat as fast as i get t5 gloves, Have passed them way to many times.

The faster you build threat, The faster your dps'ers can start off.

+ Reply to Thread