+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Farming Scryer Rep

Farming Scryer Rep

...or "hay! I found a use for [item]Figurine of the Colossus[/item]

Very simple and I suppose a prot pally could pull this off too. Set down on top of the Black Temple here all those emo shirtless Blood Elves are sparring. Throw on your best mitigation gear, swap in some + block rating items you thought were useless but kept anyway, and pull as many as you can. Back them into a corner and set up in def stance.

It takes a long time but I cheated. I dusted off mt [item]Petrified Lichen Guard[/item] and slapped a Felsteel shield spike on it. I also used Thunderfury. Spam TC and cleave and let them beat themselves to death on the shield. The proc on the shield ticks for 54 with 5 applications stacked. The spike deals ~30 damage per block. I only took damage while rounding them up, some would get a shot in technically behind me.

Once I got them into a corner, I spammed TC, took an afk to make a sammich, TC'd/Cleaved some more then looted. I was pulling an average of 10-12 and as many as 15 from time to time and as long as they don't get behind you, you mitigate virtually all the incoming damage. I tried it first in battle stance actually trying to hurt them but defensive stance with a crummy old shield with a spike is cleaner.

For about an hour and a half's work while answering questions, rearranging my UI, cybering with a hawt drood chick, looking up stuff on Atlasloot, gossiping on guild drama....

12 stacks of Netherweave
    62 Sunfury Signets
    1 Arcane Tome
    2 greens
    10 grey armor pieces
    lol, food...more than I started with
    20g cash

I'm not Scryer but both my lvl 70 alts are and need rep. The cloth all went to my wife's noob priest-tailor.

Not only is it productive but its highly amusing. Any class can go mine like crazy. This might not be quite as money making as some endeavors but it is something you can do simply BECAUSE you are a well geared tank.

WARNING: Your shield takes alot of durability damage. It will probably need repair for every 150-200 emo blood elves you slaughter. Carry a spare. Also, the only thing that slows you down is the respawn rate but its really not that bad.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Only you would take your prot warr to farm for your mage.

Its because my mage is very undergeared. I have special farming assignments for him from time to time....Bog lords in Zangar for the most part.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

BAHAHAHA!!! OMG this was a hilarious read! Great work Horacio, very innovative.

innovative? nah, I ninja'd this idea from someone else.

ive found farming with my hunter to be much easier - send pet / autoshot / afk

prot farming is tediously slow - but it is ridiculously easy with a lot of +block.

Damn you!

Oh well.

hrm, i need to get sporegar rep.... i was almost there until guildies said "that shield sucks!"

-_-' never should've listened to em.

I know I can solo Ramparts also in my mitigation gear except the stupid dragon boss =(

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I have solo'd BF and 2 manned it Slave Pens, and Ramparts twice with my wife's priest who was level 58 at the time with horrible gear.

It...just...takes....forever.....

We should try it with me and her mage but the priest is an enchanter and needed gear, xp so we could nuke drops, level her up and farm some loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    I know I can solo Ramparts also in my mitigation gear except the stupid dragon boss =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    I have solo'd BF and 2 manned it Slave Pens, and Ramparts twice with my wife's priest who was level 58 at the time with horrible gear.
    as protection? that sounds kind of painful to do...

LoL did you get the idea from graff and i H? ive been farming there for quite a while now, blade turning is actually use full at this spot and fun to see all those dodge parry and blocks flash across the screen.

Yeah, as protection....it was pretty agonizingly slow but TF puts out a decent amount of AOE damage to make it less so.

Yeah Flint, its pretty nice there and anywhere when you are AOE tanking. I guess 200 damage per 6K incoming hit isn't much but it adds up over the course of a fight.

I'm with Joana. I've been using that for months.

I usually repair/vendor/whatever between pulls. Scryer base is ~1min fly away and mobs usually havn't respawned by the time I get back.

Horacio, can you give me an example of the kind of gear you were wearing other than the shield? It sounds like fun and I'm curious if I've got the gear level to give it a shot yet.

Crud, just remembered I still need the trinket. DOH!

+ Reply to Thread