+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate me, as a tank

Rate me, as a tank

I just went protection and got some tanking gear. I level with some friends and starting to get ready for end game content with this warrior. Just wanted to know if I'm heading in the right direction or if there is some gear i missed. I know I'm not 70 but i should get there within the next week or before.

It's a bit hard to rate a level 66 as a tank, because there isn't much "tank" gear out there until 70. However, you seem to have the right idea. Once you get to 70, gear for defence until you reach or get over 490, then start stacking stamina and armour. The gear lists here on Tankspot will help you to decide on gear to get.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

ok i just hit 70 and have been collecting some gear, im currently kara attuned and waiting to start it with the guild i am in. Is there anything i shoudl still get or need?

I would say you are well on your way at the moment. I would recommend getting 490 defense though, and here are a few "easy to get" items that probaply push you towards that cap:

[item]Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard[/item] - Quest reward
    [item]Grom'tor's Charge[/item] - Quest reward SMV
    [item]Protector's Mark of the Redemption[/item] - Quest reward SMV

All of these are also listed in Polar's Easy Pre-Karazhan Tank Gear List. Be sure to check that out. It will also probaply increase your stamina a bit more which never hurts

Your Spec, Unless you have more then 490 def in gear alone then you should really take anticipation as it will bring you pretty close to 490. Run botanica and Get shield that drops off the second boss and do the tornheart quest line in Shadowmoon for [item]grom'tors charge[/item]

Apart from thqat it's looking good, But in all honesty take the points you put in Imp taunt, Imp Bloodrage and maybe oone point from tactical mastery and put them in anticipation

i got 511 defense rating now and about 60-70% avoidance on me and 11.1k hp. The guild i just joined just started up and I'm the main tank in Karazhan right now. We skipped moroes for now and got attumen and maiden on first shot. is there anyway to get more hp with out blowing 50g on +12 stamina gems(thats the price on my server atm). I am still working on the new belt from "How to break into Arcatraz". Any tips and also getting rep with shatar up to exalted is a painful process

For Sha'tar you just need to run TK instances over and over. Go to wowwikki and check any quests you may have skipped that give Sha'tar rep. I was 35 rep from Honored and went through wikki with fine toothed comb and actually found a quest I had skipped. Did that quest and poof, I was Revered.

Bite the bullet and spend the dough on the gems. What else are you saving it for? Solid Star of Elunes are mandatory, an epic flying mount is not . 50g takes less than an hour to earn.

I would sacrifice some of your defense and get it over to HP. I'm guessing you did that quest chain (forget what it's called) in Nagrand with Altruis, got that chest piece, and it banged you up to 511. Regear some other slots and convert that Defense to Stamina, not going below 490 of course.

+ Reply to Thread