+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warriors Today

So true....there will always be those that already know everything. I get those too....it's hard to not lower myself to their level when that happens.

Whenever I begin with a PUG or a new group, the first words out of my mouth are usually, "Please if anyone has any constructive criticism or suggestions on how to tank this or that better, please feel free to share"

I normally try to point them here
    Also an excellent point fubar. I really need to do that more. By the way, we can't get in trouble for using links in /w can we? Will I get in trouble of I do a /w or /s www.tankspot.com?

My main is a protection warrior, as you probably guessed .

A couple months ago, my resto druid alt got to lvl 70, and I started running "hard" instances.

I'm probably not the most patient person nor the best warrior in the world, but it REALLY pisses me off when I throw a rejuv and pull the aggro from 3 mobs at the second tick, and get one shotted. Yes, one shotted. My druid has a 33/0/28 template and wears only cloth everywhere but one slot (*My cow*). So yeah I got strong heals and godlike casting regen, but I get oneshotted.

This leads to me cursing about these bad tanks on ventrilo, and 30+ gold repair bills. Yes, I've been looting some purples in Kara... Oh and the last funny thing with a druid as a main healer is that if you don't run with a shaman/paladin/priest, then you must run your ass to the instance every pull...

Thats why I don't PuG anymore with my drood. By the way, I don't (well, almost never) PuG with my warrior anymore, because :

- a death costs me 5+ golds, so I die once and I'm already losing money.
    - tanking an instance with my level of gear is pretty annoying. Of course I could change my gear specifically for these instances, but I don't have 36 slots bags.
    - people don't know how to play. Most of the time they will pull aggro on mobs packs, or try to tank/dps their own mob, etc. But yeah to shorten it : they don't know how to play their class, this instance, with this X class in their group, this game. And of course they aren't even aware of it, or they don't care.

Thanks to someone "/t www.tankspot.com" to me a little over a week ago, I actually have hope for my tanking abilities. Admittedly there are a lot of us who started Warriors shortly after BC launched. For me it was because my guild had a lack of tanks for lvl70+ instances, and we were looking toward fielding our first Kara team. I hit 70 monday night and thought that I could now tank anything short of Heroics only to find that even though I had leveled from 10-70 speccing Prot the whole way, my lack of doing ANY actual tanking had left me woefully unprepared. I had become the kind of person that makes me cringe when PUGing with my Warlock in any lvl70 regular lvl70 or Heroic (Felgaurd has saved my butt more times than I can count). I say all of this to point out that you shouldn't lose hope, there are many of us out there who are inexperienced, but willing to dedicate the time and effort to learn, to try and clean up our mistakes by going back and learning the hard way. Gear and Spec are only half of what makes a great tank, experience and a willingness to learn is the other half. Don't lose hope in young warriors, either we'll learn, or we'll go back to DPSing like the masses.

Never put off on others that which you, with hard work and dedication, can accomplish yourself. ~Magnificentpest (FFXI)
    Silatan - 85 Warrior Tank - WoW
    Silatan - 34 Cleric Tank - Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Daylanor View Post
    Those Actually exist?
    I know of an entire guild with multiple tanks that shuns Devastate completely, some prefer imp disarm over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulv View Post
    I know of an entire guild with multiple tanks that shuns Devastate completely, some prefer imp disarm over it.
    I gotta admit... out of all the moves that I use often devistate is probibly the first one that i'de give up... If I had to pick one that is.

+ Reply to Thread