+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KD vs TSE

KD vs TSE

Currently I have KD with mongoose, love it to bits.

Pathy will not drop his TSE.

I want more dodge.

Should I continue bashing my head on the desk and keep running Mech or live with KD for now until I get a shot at the Mallet? In my head it comes down to 6 in one hand and half-dozen in the other, gain some stats, lose some stats.

Opinions? I posted here instead of the warrior forums because every thread there just turns into a massive QQ blizz hates us thread.
    Last edited by Nunes; 09-18-2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: typo

If you want Dodge, keep running til' you get it.

You've definitely got enough Avoidance to handle SSC and TK, though.
    Ask yourself, would you keep Sun Eater even if Mallet dropped? The disparity in stats gets pretty big at that point.

As long as badges are still useful to you, I say go for it. 5 Badges/run is pretty nice.

My personal preference (I picked up my Sun Eater last night) is still my King's Defender. I'll probably slap 20 agi on Sun Eater when it comes out for the occasional sheer avoidance situations (though honestly, I haven't really run into these yet).

Honestly, if you still need or want Badges, and you've got Mech down (people seem more willing to go to Mech than anywhere else), keep plugging away until you get your Badges. If you want gear from other instances, or would just like to experience some new content, try some new heroics.

King's Defender is superior EH and threat, and your avoidance is already quite solid.

KD vs SE:

+3.1 dps
    +17 hit rating
    +182 armor
    +6 stamina

-19 dodge

To get 1% dodge, its not worth giving up 3.1 dps, 1.1% hit, 182 Armor and 6 Stam.

I can't see any situation that KD is inferior to Sun Eater, cause you would always be giving up hit and armor which are a bit harder to come by at that level of progression.

I have both, and just stick weapon chains on TSE for encounters where I'd get disarmed.

-- gyre --

I use The Sun Eater when I wanna look pretty...along with my Pink Festival Dress.

The Sun Eater is the coolest looking sword in BC. Farm it for that reason only. (I also have a chain on mine so it remains somewhat useful and I have an excuse to bust it out on occasion.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stegho View Post
    The Sun Eater is the coolest looking sword in BC. Farm it for that reason only. (I also have a chain on mine so it remains somewhat useful and I have an excuse to bust it out on occasion.)
    I don't know about that, the Twin Blades are swords as well :P

+ Reply to Thread