+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 31/30 Hybrid Suggestions?

31/30 Hybrid Suggestions?

Hey guys, I just stumbled on the site and I love it. So much good data to read over!

I guess you could say I'm your typical DPS Warrior in my guild. I just started to raid Karazhan last week (no drops for me yet), and I typically finish 2-4 on the Damage Meters (T4 Rogue always gets first, then depends on what mages and hunters are in the raid)

Anyways, would it be possible to get some suggestions? When slotting gems, I try to get a logical balance of +ToHit and +Crit, but after reading Meeks Fury Warrior Guide, I'm wondering if I should be gemming Strength? It seems like theres plenty of great guides for Protection and Fury, but not as many for Arms / Fury Hybrid builds.

Armory Profile

Note 1: I JUST got my Felsteel Reaper last night. I'm planning to get Savagery on it tonight.

Note 2: I'm a few SV runs away from Revered with CE, then I'll pick up the head enchant.

Note 3: I'm also working on Revered with Lower City so I can get the Jewelcrafting designs for Felsteel Boar and CE for Nightseye Panther

Note 4: My Riding Crop is currently equipped in my Armory Profile. My second Trinket is currently the Uniting Charm

Thanks!
    Last edited by Fezzick; 09-18-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Few things to think about, Meek's guide is for 2h Fury, as you are technically a Hybrid, and certainly not a DW'ing warrior it has little to no bearing on you at all. You have more than necesary +hit for a 2h build already, infact I would say get rid of some. Secondly, imp rend is basically completely worthless, you should consider getting rid of it.

There are not that many guide's for arm's fury because its viability as a PvE dps build wasn't really there until BC, and after the WF change's it has lost a lot of it's bite, The biggest thing an Arms/fury build has going for it is Blood Frenzy, so your typical build is more like this. Some thing's are clearly changeable, but that is a basic set up. To be perfectly honest, if you are looking to be a dps warrior, at this point DW fury is the better choice, but if you are intent on sticking with arm's/fruy you are gonna need to atleast get Blood frenzy

I can admit that Imp Rend is basically worthless. Especially since it seems like I am fighting more Machines, Elementals and Undead lately.

My main reason for having it was more-or-less a "filler" talent to get me further into the second tier of the arms tree. Perhaps I should swap out the 2 points in Imp Rend and put them in Deflection?

Also, regarding Blood Frenzy. Is the addition of that worth losing 2 points in Flurry and removing Anger Management?

By dropping 2 points in Flurry for Blood Frenzy is a decent trade off. Your Flurries aren't as cool, but you still do 4% more damage with EVERY physical hit and so does the rest of your raiding party. I do not suggest losing Anger Management, 2H builds can easily be rage starved with out an enhance shammy, so Anger Management helps to counter-balance this.

Example spec
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Alchamire; 09-18-2007 at 10:23 AM.
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

ok, I see where you are coming from. When I first read the tooltip, I was thinking it increased 4% of MY damage. Now I see how valuable that is!

I noticed your build takes out Improved Overpower, which is cool, mainly because I am in Berserker alot, with no Tactical Mastery, so switching to Battle Stance for Overpower is somewhat moot point. Good Idea.

Second, whats a "Good" ToHit rating? I assume its NOT like Defense where once you get to 490, you're all set. Should Hybrid Warriors gem AP or Str?

I hear alot of different views on 2H and hit rating. I've been playing around with it lately on my warrior (currently a crappy offtank-MS wannabe spec) and I find that even with 12% +hit I am still missing alot more than I thought I would. Originally the theory was that you need no more than 5% +hit for 2H weapons, and that worked... at level 60. Sure I don't miss nearly as often as I do when I DW, but still. I would say 100-150 hit rating should be the max you need for this build. You really don't want to sacrafice the AP and crit for more +hit like you may do with DW Fury. If you are fighting a higher level raid boss you I'm pretty sure you are bound to still miss, even if you have +20% hit. I think the key is just getting enough +hit rating so that you don't miss with your specials. One or two white damage attacks can miss, that won't drop your dps much, its when your specials miss that you really see the drop.

As for as the AP VS Strength, go Strength. 1 Strength = 2 AP, but what really makes the difference is Blessing of Kings, it increases stats, not AP, but by increasing your strength (stat) you will increase you AP.

Well, I'm sold.

Thank you very much for your answers!

Np and good luck to you. Later on when gear starts to scale better and you find yourself with around 2500-3000 AP in raids to maybe try 2H Fury, its a fun build, but you need alot of strength/AP for it to work well.

Example
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread