+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some advice please

Need some advice please

Hey guys, I need a bit of advice. First off, here's my Armory.

Now with that out of the way, I'm concerned about my extremely low amount of hit rating. For the last month and a half, I've been the MT in a guild that has done only Karazhan. My threat has been pretty good in most cases, but there are times when I get some extremely bad chains of parries, dodges and misses. Normally they occur when I have a big threat lead, but the odd time they'll happen right at the beginning of a boss fight.

As you can tell from my armory, I'm all about effective health. The only time I've been changing my gear around is for Prince, where I equip my Devilshark Cape with 12agi, Boots of Elusion, Moroes Pocketwatch, and Sun Eater, giving me an extra ~6.5% dodge.

We recently dropped our guild and made a new one, bringing in a bunch of members that left their old guild to join us (unhappy with their leadership). They have done Gruul's, Magtheridon, VR, and one boss in SSC (can't recall which one it was). Needless to say, I'm excited about the prospect of having more members, and dipping in to the 25 man content.

With that said, here's my question. We will be looking to progress fast, and progressing as a tank is all about gearing for maximum effective health like I have. Can I afford to drop some 12sta gems for 8hit? Can I afford not to? Are there any gear changes I should make that have some hit on them? Is it possible it'd be worth going back to my Grom'tor's Charge for the +3% hit I'd gain from my Orc weapon skill?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The only place I would think about gemming hit to would be your gun, and even then I wouldn't think it that big of a deal, if you really want more hit you could grab an aldori legacy defender from gruul. I sit at like 47 hit rating in the gear I generally tank with and while I would like to have more, I can still easily push 1200+ tps, or more. There are alot more +hit pieces you can upgrade in the 25 man content you are getting into, so in reality I think your best bet would be to wait.

Edit: Get the zg enchant for your Head, the KoT one is bad.

+ Reply to Thread