+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gems? Avoidance or stamina?

Gems? Avoidance or stamina?

Hi!

I just want to know other tanks' opinion on using other than +12stam gems.

Is it worth it or should one just focus on stacking massive stam (provided the rest of the gear has avoidance stats)

Take a look at my armory profile, and tell me if you think I should change my gems with +12staminas.

I suggest you read up on the Effective Health theory. In a nutshell, it states that your effective health is the amount of raw damage it will take to kill you if you do not avoid any attacks or recieve any heals. Effective health is a function of your maximum health and armour.

Gearing for maximum effective health for progression raids gives your healers a larger margin to handle spike damage (specials, or if you miss a shield block and get crushed for example) without wasting their mana, as in 25 man raids your healers will be pretty much constantly casting heals on you, regardless of whether you avoid an attack or not.

Looking at your gear, you're at the point where you can just stick +12 stam gems in everything. Generally socket bonuses are not worth losing the stats you'd gain by using a better choice of gems. The only exception to this that I can think of is [item]Tankatronic Goggles[/item], where you can use a stam/def gem and still get the same amount as stamina as just using a +12 gem.

By the way, welcome to Tankspot =)
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

I only use no 12sta gems when the bonus is +stamina and I won't lose more than 3 stamina by getting the bonus.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    I only use no 12sta gems when the bonus is +stamina and I won't lose more than 3 stamina by getting the bonus.
    That's more or less what I do as well =)
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

+ Reply to Thread