+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prince position - exploit or valid strat?

Prince position - exploit or valid strat?

There's been a rather heated flamefest on the US R&D forums about The "Perfect Spot" for Prince and I was curious what a rather more mature group thought about it.

Basically, as you stand in the doorway and face the prince, there are two alcoves on the far left wall. They are perfectly spaced so that if the prince is tanked in one, the ranged classes can stand in the other and be just at the right range to do their thing.

The trick though, is that no infernal will touch you in these alcoves.

They will fall around you. They may fall between your tank and the ranged, but no pulse will hit those alcoves. Worst case, your melee has to run around or gets trapped at range and twiddles.

Here's a pic of the position somebody posted: Prince Pic

My guild tried it this week on one of our runs and once they got the positioning right, they said it worked fine.

So anyway, what do you think? Is it an exploit or not?

Once you have downed him using a normal strat, who cares how you do it again?

Check out my blog

we always have the ranged & healers stand in the doorway, while i move up along the right side wall. only problem that can occur is if one drops between the tank and the ranged, or occasionally too close to prince forcing me to move to one side or the other.

When we were still doing Kara regularly, the other two groups that ran would use the positioning strat, while we would have ranged healers in the doorway, and myself on the right wall. We rarely, if ever, wiped to prince while they generally had a hell of a time trying to get the alcove positioning right, wiping occasionaly because of this. So in my experience, trying to use the alcove can potentially cause problems, while if you do it normally you expect there to be problems and can adjust more readily.

Well here is my opinion on the issue.

I wouldn’t use it…not because of the issue of “its an exploit” “its not an exploit” thing, its because I would want to know “Who’s the rtard”.

Basically when you look at raider who have two types, those who are dedicated to the raid and those who aren’t.

Now you can get unlucky with prince, but more often then not, people just need to pay attention and move out of the way. If you have the same person dieing on prince over and over when no one else is, You’ve got a rtard.

Also while learning the prince fight; you also see who will be there through the wipes, and who will be there just for the loot. We all want loot, but not all of us want to work for it. So you do the prince fight while having your people run around, it does take time and practice, and those that stay practice, wipe, and get up and do it again will show themselves as such. You know that you can take those players further in raids.
    Those who bitch and complain that they don’t want to wipe or stop showing up because they just want loot not repair bills, You’ve got an rtard.

That’s kinda what I think about the issue, to me the fight is a competency check more then a strategy/gear check type of fight. The fight from kara out get harder and require more responsibility on the players part to move/dps/heal/other when needed. So if they cannot even function on prince, they are not going to be able to function past prince.

What Stonehoof said.
    http://www.tankspot.com/signatures/e...aver/image.jpg

Democracy is two wolfes and a sheep voting what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

/agree with Stonehoof.

as it turns out the more apt question is "who is NOT a retard"

"Oh shit, this one is coming right for us, ummm" is not a good direction to send people, IMO. Once the healers lose range and are running around like a drunk on a dciveing course knocking over cones and whatnot, I die and the Prince takes his junk out of my face, It adds insult to injury to be able to say: "Umm....if you clowns had just moved right there >ping, ping, ping< you'd have been safe.

Wiping 20 straight times on Prince (yes, 20) is a good character builder. We ripped him a new one this past week and are feeling better about it(and he coughed up a new hat for me, yay!). at some point we can all look back on it and laugh. The retarded part is that we killed him the first ngiht of attempts on the third pull THEN had the infamous "bloody Sunday"

I dunno, though....I sometimes get the feeling like people just aren't going to get it and I wish there was something I could do. It really doesn't make tanking him any easier aside from not having to move him but even then.....but , no we have it now so no reason to do that. I'm glad I hadn't herd about it or I would have been compelled to try it.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Having to move during Prince helps develop both healer/dps and tank situational awareness, which in my opinion is what the fight is about, other than also being a gear check on the tank for higher end content.

That position is pretty nifty though, and I would say is totally legit, even though it cheeses the encounter. Blizzard will probably increase the range of the hellfire if they care.

+ Reply to Thread