+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've rated a lot of people, now it's my turn.

I've rated a lot of people, now it's my turn.

The Armory

I'm currently Fury spec, but I may be needed to respec Prot soon. However, that's unimportant. I'm in a bit of a tight spot at the moment with regards to my gear options. I got my [item]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/item], which dropped my defence below 490 to 488. I'd like to get it back over 490 without anticipation or switching back in [item]Dabiri's Enigma[/item]. For reference, I have access to anything from Kara except Nightbane, Netherspite and Illhoof (haven't tried any of them yet), half way through revered with the Violet Eye.

Also, I'm poor, so replacing gems and enchants is going to be slow. So, rate away =).
    Edit: I also have terrible luck with shield drops, only ever seen the shield from SL once on my pally =(
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Run Botanica for the shield that drops off the Second Boss, Fairly easy and if you have a good group thats willing to reset and try again then It can take a maximum of half an hour a try, And is good enough until you are wither lucky enough to get the shield from Nightbane, or until you are exalted with the Sha'tar for [item]Crest of the Sha'tar[/item]

Weapons wise, Grom'tor's charge is pretty much the best non-epic tank weapon thats avalible, But it might be a good idea to start running heroic Mechanar and attempt to get [item]The Sun eater[/item] As a bonus, there are 4 easy badges to get from it as well, and the rep you would receive would bring you to exalted and get you a very nice shield as well but be warned, It has a fairly low drop rate, It taken me 7 or 8 runs to get it, but i know people who have ran 30 times and never seen it drop once. Also, [item]King's Defender[/item] Should be fairly easily obtainable, but that would depend on wether other tanks have it first.

Rings, A fairly easy upgrade here. [item]Iron band of the unbreakable[/item] Which drops from the first boss in normal Old Hillsbrad.

All in all, It looks fairly good at the moment, But haveing said that, If you can afford to put just one point in antcipation then your gear is perfectly fine for the time being.

Just quickly before I go to bed. I'll most likely try for the Sha'tar shield, because knowing my horrible luck with shields, I'll be exalted with them before the Botanica one drops, and we've yet to kill Nightbane.
    Grom'tor's is one of the weapons I use for tanking, I sometimes swap in my [item]Drakefist Hammer[/item] for a bit more threat when I can spare the stamina. I'll most likely be able to get a King's Defender, it just hasn't dropped yet. Our other tank is a pally, and she has the Continuum Blade, so KD is most likely mine if/when it drops.
    As for the ring, I like the green, but again, I've had some bad luck with drops. I was hoping to get the heroic badge ring or the one from Aran. Might save the badges for an Autoblocker or Farstrider cloak after reading Ciderhelm's article on it though. I don't know, I can get that one if nothing else. Thanks for the reply =)

Might I add, at the moment I usually only have to tank trash, so 488 is fine because it's all level 72. If I have to tank a boss, and I did have to tank Curator once, I used some [item]Elderberry Pie[/item]s. Did it as Fury too =D

go for the heroic badge shield =) its way better then crest of the shatar

The sha'tar shield is a good starting point while I gather badges though. I only have 6 IIRC...

Good night for now Tankspot, I'll check back for replies tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread