+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate me again, but this time as a tank

Rate me again, but this time as a tank

Ok, Im back in the game, and due to my guild having made Zero Progress since I was last online Just over a month ago I am Coming back as a Prot soec tank. So Rate me aguain.

A couple of things, I am halfway through revered with Violet eye, And the boots and King's Defender are the only 2 pieces of Tank gear I have ever seen drop on My runs. I also Think I logged in My high Stam gear as well. I do have King's defender, But I am keeping a hold Of Sun-eater, as it was already mongoosed and I can be bothered spending another 300g + on void crystaals.

The Armory

The only two things that immediately come to mind are your belt and legs. I'm just wondering why you're using the [item]Rubium War-Girdle[/item]. If you want a better belt for both effective health and threat, I suggest getting [item]Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard[/item] from the Arcatraz key line. If you already have it, ignore this.
    The other thing I noticed is your pants. [item]Timewarden's Leggings[/item] is better once gemmed and armour-kitted in terms of effective health. The only thing you lose is about 1(?) block value from the strength and some defence that you could make up from the belt. I understand that gemming and enchanting the Timewarden's could be expensive though (I have a mixture of +9 and +12 stam gems because I can't afford all +12 =P), but it's something to think about. Apart from those two things however, you have a very nice set of gear.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

The belt is an oversite on my part, as I do already have the Sha'tari One, but the graphics are both exactly the same when They are in my bag.

With the legs, I Dont think the Difference to me Is enough to Justify the cost of Gemming and Getting an armor kit for the Timewardens(which on my server is nearly 400g) for another 220 health. If i woas having a problem with a lack of HP then I would consider it, But I have yet to see another simalary geared tank with as much HP as me.

That's fair enough, like I said, I'm poor too, so I can understand perfectly why you'd stick with the ones you have.

I have a grand total of 30g at the moment

In that case, the Greaves of the Shatterer are fine >_>

Ok guys, In the next couple of weeks I am thinking of applying to a slightly more progressed guild, who are just starting out in TK/SSC. They want me for at least 2 nights a week(which suits me just fine) but in the meantime, is there any part of my gear which could do with a significant upgrade so that I am ready for the challenge?

On the note of the sword, I have the mats together for Mongoose on King's(void crystals dropped in price by a stunning amount recently). And will most likely switch that out to being my main weapon

+ Reply to Thread