+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BlueBerry VS MeatBag Showdown

BlueBerry VS MeatBag Showdown

So I really have not seen much discussion on this so I just wanted to throw it out there - How do the Draenei racials comapre to the Human racials in regards to tanking?

Here is the Breakdown

BlueBerry
    • Gift of the Naaru - Activate to heal your target for 35 + 15 per Level over 15 sec , 40 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 3 min cooldown. (At level 1 it heals 50 health, and 1085 at level 70)
    • Heroic Presence - Increases chance to hit by 1% for you and all party members within 30 yards. (Warriors, Paladins, and Hunters)
    • Inspiring Presence - Increases chance to hit with spells by 1% for you and all party members within 30 yards. (Priests, Mages, and Shaman)
    • Gemcutting - 5 point skill bonus to Jewelcrafting
    • Shadow Resistance - Increase Shadow Resistance by 10.

Meatbag
    • Perception - Activate to increase stealth detection radius. Lasts 20 seconds, 3 minute cooldown
    • The Human Spirit - Increase spirit by 10%.
    • Diplomacy - 10% bonus to faction point gain.
    • Sword and Mace Specialization - Increase Sword and Mace skill by 5.

Now my question is, which is better for you average warrior? Tanking and DPS included.

Now the Weapon spec for the human is better then the 1% hit, but at very least the dranei ability is not weapon specific AND it buffs others in your party.
    Now the heal that they have is decent while OTing or DPSing, I dont know if a MT would dare use it while being beaten
    Then there is the inate shadow resistance, which has good use now and more then likely will be used alot in the expansion.

When I break it down I kidna like the Blueberry better for tanking then the human. They do not have the weapon dependacies that the human has, and they buff others at the same time. Then factor in the heal that they can cast on myself in combat as a DPSer or with OT - possibly MTing if they are feeling darning - and lastly the shadow resist which will have more play in the later stages.

Any thoughts?

In terms of tanking the Human wins out for me. Swords/Maces cover nearly every tanking weapon. (Brutalizer being the notable, maybe only, exception) In addition diplomacy is extremely nice.

Does the +1hit stack from multipule blueberries?

(cow still wins)

No idea - but the blueberry give the human the bonus - so for overall effictiveness they are definitly benificial

For me, I would have to say human - mainly based on the +rep gains - 10% is a lot when you consider the numerous factions in TBC you want rep with.

BUT .... gnomes ftw
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Depends. For tanking, Human, for most other things, Draenei. 1% Hit Aura is not bad at all so you would only take Humans because Weapon Skill will help you personally by reducing damage from Parries (specifically, by reducing the amount your target can parry you).

+ Reply to Thread