+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guides We're Looking For (Write One!)

Guides We're Looking For (Write One!)

-Any Instance or Encounter Guide
    -Leveling Grinding Spots
    -Detailed Profession Guides (Blacksmithing, Engineering, Mining)
    -Paladin or Druid Guides
    -Raid Leadership, Guild Leadership Guides

Also, to those with a gear guide:
    I finally got the item links working on the frontpage. We may be able to put more gear guides to the frontpage, not just on the forums.

Know a good guide? Ask the author to post it here!

Got a suggestion?

I haven't seen one, So an arms/pvp Guide would be great for those of us coming out of a tanking role to PvP for a while

Adren, you had a chance to look at this yet?
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/theor...-warriors.html

Aha, Thats exactky what im looking for, My power off Search is not strong

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    -Detailed Profession Guides (Blacksmithing, Engineering, Mining)
    im sure willhelm would gladly lend his BS guide for the forum. he haunts the profession forum on the WoW site. he might also have a pally guide laying around.

You know what would be nice, actually? Tanking guides for raiding encounters. When I first started raiding, I was petrified the guides on Bosskillers and WoWWiki just weren't detailed enough for a new tank. Hydross is great example. There are just certain things that tanks need to know that the boss guides never share.

I think paruhdox is hitting that department as we speak, I'll try to come out with another heroic guide by next week.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Paruhdox, not sure how far you are in progression, but could you possibly write one for BT? It's newer to me (been there twice?) and I'd like to be as prepared as possible. (I've done the first three bosses, although some of the trash I didn't understand as it was trash everyone else had done before so the pulls were quick and unexplained, so a trash description as well would be lovely).
    Your other two guides are developing nicely, by the way.

I will when i kill the rest of BT! Once i get caught up with SSC and TK i will, we are on teron gorefiend right now he should die tonight though!... so I will make some stuff for you once im caught up and comfortable with the encounter.

A good starter guide for paladins is Gestalt's "Tankadin 101", found on his forum:
    Tanking guides Tankadin 101

... or copy-pasted into a thread on the Maintankadin forums by site admin, Aergis:
    Maintankadin :: View topic - Tankadin 101 - Gestalt
    I am the light that brings the dawn.
    Something Wicked this way comes.

I'm thinking about writing a BC Shield Block Value Gear Guide. Think it would have any value?

Quote Originally Posted by Devro View Post
    I'm thinking about writing a BC Shield Block Value Gear Guide. Think it would have any value?
    It'd probably have hundreds of value!

(ok but it could be very helpful)

i'm hoping thousands of value =o ok in all seriousness.... a SBV guide would be AWESOME
    Please Geek Responsibly.

If you ever want to inquire as to my random weird and sometimes radical theories don't be afraid to ask and give your constructive input

I'm going to work on a guide to casual raiding guilds when I get some time (rl+the game=barely time to sleep). This will be from the perspective of what worked for my old guild in Everquest, a casual raiding guild (also referred to as a perfect guild - no joke) I was a part of for 4 years. It will most likely be a few MS Word pages long.

Psychostomp's been on me to help with a druid guide for a couple of months now. What are you looking for in terms of the guide? Gearing, tank strats, yelling at your dps is quixotic ways telling them you only have one taunt, all of this?

Finally hit 25K armor, w/ 28% dodge, so am almost content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozzer View Post
    Psychostomp's been on me to help with a druid guide for a couple of months now. What are you looking for in terms of the guide? Gearing, tank strats, yelling at your dps is quixotic ways telling them you only have one taunt, all of this?

Finally hit 25K armor, w/ 28% dodge, so am almost content.
    All of that sounds good, we are distinctly absent of too much Druidic info atm.

I've been slowly compiling a paladin guide. I really wanted to wait a while while I gathered more raid exp in that role before I decided to tackle something like this. The interaction between myself and my warrior and druid guildies that I tank with weekly compounded that idea. At any rate its in the works and hopefully with video
    The most stressful, yet provides the most gratification..
    Tanking <3

Just wondering if these guides will be useful:
    1. All you need to know about Crowd Control
    2. Normal 5-man instance guides
    3. Marking and You: A Guide to Leading an Instance Group
    4. Painful Useless Groups: because everyone you know are offline

Reasoning:
    1. how many times have we heard some tanks ask the Mage to Polymorph an Undead creature?
    2. knowledge is power, even when doing an instance for the first time
    3. because people always expect the tank to lead and mark
    4. because of #3 and because you might not have a choice

Wondering if I can get a green light on any one of these so I can waste more time at work, and yet be productive at the same time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my experience is mainly in running 5-mans over and over and over again with my Priest g/f, in Arms/Prot and Prot specs.
    Last edited by Tristessa; 10-15-2007 at 09:23 PM.
    I've got more plate than your grandma's cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    Just wondering if these guides will be useful:
    1. All you need to know about Crowd Control
    2. Normal 5-man instance guides
    3. Marking and You: A Guide to Leading an Instance Group
    4. Painful Useless Groups: because everyone you know are offline

Reasoning:
    1. how many times have we heard some tanks ask the Mage to Polymorph an Undead creature?
    2. knowledge is power, even when doing an instance for the first time
    3. because people always expect the tank to lead and mark
    4. because of #3 and because you might not have a choice

Wondering if I can get a green light on any one of these so I can waste more time at work, and yet be productive at the same time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my experience is mainly in running 5-mans over and over and over again with my Priest g/f, in Arms/Prot and Prot specs.
    Hey "Sadnes",
    all of those definaltly have merit...not only for seasoned players, but for all of us. I still forget sometimes who can do what (never played a clothie). Although, im not one of any clout when it comes to these forums... =P
    ~ Freak'n Rican ~

If I may be so bold, I could offer to write up some sort of raid leadership guide if no one else is working on one.

+ Reply to Thread