+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S2 shield - How long does it take?

S2 shield - How long does it take?

Since discovering how good that shield is, I was wondering if anyone has any estimate of how long it would take for me to buy it.

Unfortunately I'm a complete PVP idiot, so points will comming fairly slow.
    I guess I also need to respec to something other than protection to stand a fighting chance?

It depends on your arena teams. There are several addons that give an estimate of how many arena points you'll get in the week. I'd check your teams' ratings, but the Armory is down at the moment.
    As for spec, Arms is the most useful in PVP, but depending on your team again and what bracket you're doing this may not be required. Prot warriors can work in 5v5, especially in good gear, because you're very hard to kill and have the ability to shut down casters with Imp. Revenge, Imp. Shield Bash and Spell Reflection (if you have the first two, I know that a raid MT might not).
    My advice is to see what works for you. If you feel that you're not doing your best, and you have the cash and Arms gear, respec. If not, then stay Prot, because respeccing twice a week gets expensive fast.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

I have gone probably the slowest possible route doing 2v2 and staying prot with an arms warrior for a partner. Its been fun and we actually went 7-3 one week. If we get groups with 2 melee its pretty much lights out....in 8 weeks of this stuff I've only seen one rogue that could touch me in my full tanking kit.

So yeah, about 8 weeks. I have had the luxury of not being pressed for time. I have the Coldarra shield and we have killed Gruul the past two weeks. I have been able to work on other side projects and not had to track down an elite hit squad to farm up those points ultra fast.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

It will probably be the same timeframe for then
    My guild is only clearing kara atm and I have the shatar shield, so no rush.

Think it took me 4-5 weeks
    With the mainhealer during raids, and 3 of the top dmg people we kinda did pretty well. With me being prot and alot of teams got paladins for healers Im pretty much standing there just interupting while the rest of my team just tries to kill the rest
    Got slaughtered by a 5 druid team tho. Got confused about who was the healer
    Noraxe
    Magtheridon EU

How long do you reckon it would take if I Started a 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 with the ain of doing 10 matches a week in each and trying(and hopefully succeeding) to maintain around the 1500 rating in each?

On the plus side, I still have 400 points from season 1 I could never use, So at least that a bit of a head start

It took me 6 weeks of 1350-1400 rated 5v5 to get it. We all sucked at pvp, stayed in our raiding specs, and just did 10 matches a week to get points for an epic.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalize View Post
    How long do you reckon it would take if I Started a 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 with the ain of doing 10 matches a week in each and trying(and hopefully succeeding) to maintain around the 1500 rating in each?
    You only get points from whichever team would give you the MOST points. This is usually 5v5, unless your rating on one of the other teams is much higher.

On the plus side, I still have 400 points from season 1 I could never use, So at least that a bit of a head start
    Only 5 weeks to go for you then (4 if you can maintain a 1500 rating in 5v5, which is hard for people who arent good at pvp).

Yeah, I think we should aim to maintain about a 1400 rating as well, I suck at pvp, Even tho I am currently specced for it I have never been able to do anything because i normally just get blasted automatticly. But A couple of the folk who are Joining me are pretty good and have a couple of decent pieces, so it should at least help

Ahhh, got it, So you cant get points from each bracket then Well Will test out how the three different brackets go and pick one to concentrate on then

You need about 1600 2v2 rating to get as many points as a 1400 5v5.

Note that maintaining a 1400ish rating is extrmeely easy. If you fall too far below it at the end of the week, then next week you create a new team which starts at 1500 rating.

If you have a 5v5 team:
    1581 rating = 4 weeks to get shield
    1497 rating = 5 weeks to get shield
    1334 rating = 6 weeks to get shield

+ Reply to Thread