+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TPS reports

TPS reports

Link your personal WWS for an individual fight and it calculates TPS for the fight.

Only works for protty tanks.

Kenneth Gant Niebuhr - Online portfolie

/giggle

Does it need a cover page?
    I am the light that brings the dawn.
    Something Wicked this way comes.

Alright, you've got me all self conscious about my TPS now. Here's links to my armory and the last Gruul kill we got. That was the last raid I was a part of before I started travel for work.
    Armory

Combat Log

We're heading into SSC in the next two weeks or so and I'm a bit nervous that I am not putting out enough TPS to max our DPS. I did this calculator and it said I was at 458 TPS for that kill. However, unless I'm reading the log wrong, we killed him at 10 grows and DPS was having no problems staying below my threat level. Anyone else seeing relatively smaller numbers than they thought? If it all looks about right, what can I do to increase my TPS?
    Last edited by Buttah; 08-29-2007 at 01:36 PM.

cover page, ROFL. Nice "Office Space" reference

Last gruul I have combat logged, was from a couple weeks back before getting several block value upgrades.

Crimsonstorm - WWS

Mag from last week:

Crimsonstorm - WWS

Still, before getting Red Havoc boots and T5 shoulders.
    I dont think I had autoblocker equipped for either.

How do we see the TPS?

Yeah, it's not perfect by any means. For example, apparently my TPS is 181. And we took 31 minutes to down Curator. NO.

If I take the total threat, and divide it by my "dps time" (12 minutes), I get 470 TPS, which sounds more right. I think it's still a little low, because my DPS time counts all the trash pulls, which I wasn't tanking, but whatever.

Does it factor in sunders? They're not listed in the report that it generates and there is no mention of sunders on your personal WWS page.

Granted...I usually only hit sunder 5 times over the course of a fight, but it would still be innacurate if it doesn't take them into account.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

I've found those 'dps time' numbers to be highly inaccurate. It seems to also count you as dpsing at any time you have a debuff on the mob. So apparently in times when I am unable to dps gruul, but I have a demo shout or tclap on him, its counting that as part of my dps time.

This seems to make the dps numbers for debuffers/dotters much lower than they should be.

Yes, your TPS reports need a Cover sheet, didn't you get that memo?

http://www.chrisglass.com/journal/do.../TPSreport.pdf

Ok, figured out how this works.

It gives me just over 600 tps for mag, however my tps in omen was generally over 900.

It didnt count any of my 42 thunderclaps, for 7404 total dmg.

That should be 7404 * 2.5 * 1.49 = 27580 threat.

It didnt count my vengeance trinket's 4296 damage (6400 threat)

Those would put me at more like 650 tps.

Are its healing threat #s accurate?

It seems to have 1 threat per pt of healing. Shouldnt it be like 1/2 pt, multiplied by 1.49 for defensive stance? Im not sure.

I'm guessing its pretty accurate, its just averaging over a fight in which some of the time I'm not actually generating much threat (after channeler tank dies, before mag & when moving to mag & sometimes during earthquake)

Gruul looks pretty accurate to me.

From 3 weeks ago without autoblocker or new upgrade, I get 820 tps without thunderclaps or vengeance counted (or sunder). Seems about right.

Gruul tonight....increased by 100 TPS.

Made the breastplate of kings today to help with hit, crit and hp. Worked fairly well. Probably would have had around 650-700 TPS had I not been drunk .

WWS

Regardless, if this tool is a little off. It's still a great way to compare for yourself what your TPS is from one week to another. I think the one thing that a lot of people are missing here is:

Thanks for the hard work!

+ Reply to Thread