+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas, Block Value, Naruto

Naxxramas, Block Value, Naruto

More an update on an interesting day than a cohesive entry.

Naxxramas -- Adventures with Gargoyles
    So, Sayori (Warlock) convinced me to go up to Naxxramas. We zoned in and proceeded to wipe to the first two mobs in the Deathknight wing. Naturally, the only solution to this is to find others to join us.

After clearing about half of the Deathknight wing prior to Razuvious -- doing so relatively easily -- the six or seven of us realized we had no way to actually do a boss encounter. Any boss encounter.

So we picked the hardest encounter a 7-man party could find in the zone. A gargoyle. Yes, a single trash mob.

45 minutes later... we take the kill shot.

We were engaged in combat with this Gargoyle for nearly an hour. That is, engaged, not wiping and re-attempting. At 40%, Gargoyles cast a ~10 second Stoneskin spell which, if the Gargoyle isn't killed in that time, causes it to return to 100% health. It wasn't until we carefully strategized and coordinated all of our cooldowns (Curse of Dooms, Recklessness, trinkets, etc) that we were able to kill it.

Block Value & Gear Upgrades
    My gear has gotten some hefty upgrades. I'm now at 1579 Shield Block Value with trinkets activated. I'm only 3-4 upgrades/items away from a perfect Shield Slam set.

I've also taken a big jump in my general gearset. The next major upgrade I receive will put me over 18,000 unbuffed Armor, and my Health and Defense isn't lacking, either. I'll be picking up more +Dodge items in the future.

View My Armory

Naruto
    Good heavens the third movie in the Naruto series is terrible. Animal Riot at Crescent Moon Island. It just doesn't fit into the series, doesn't advance the characters in any way, and showcases the strange desire these movie producers have with bringing European artwork in where there's none whatsoever in the normal series. Not that I'm complaining, it just seems strange to mix medieval Europe with feudal Japan the way these movies do.

My complaint stems from two things. First, I liked both of the previous movies. I really did. From what little anime I've seen (only started watching anime in the last year), I place those movies with Princess Mononoke and Full Metal Alchemist. My second issue is that I've seen Shippuuden and the last 26 incredible episodes involving Gaara, Akatsuki, and pretty much everything awesome.

Now, let me give you something of substance. I'm about 90% sure these fansubs are legal, as they are incredibly popular on Stage6 which has a strict policy on copyright infringement... So, here's the site where I watch them from (go directly to Stage6 to get them in higher quality):
    TV-Links Naruto

You'll find other stuff there. Anime fansub postings appear to be legal, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the movie listings probably aren't. Use the site accordingly.

Speaking of, the movie was so uninspiring that I wrote and formatted this blog post with 20 minutes left in the movie and forgot to watch the rest. I'd better finish it up...

It's worth noting that we fought this one mob for near an hour. Only with 2 carefully timed curse of dooms and 3 warriors popping recklessness were we able to defeat him.

(For those who don't know...once gargoyles hit 40%, you have about 10 seconds to kill them before they heal back to full.)
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

Yeah this wasn't us spending a ton of time thinking and wiping to the mob, we were actually engaged on the thing that long and couldn't kill it.

lots of dreamless sleep pots?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttah View Post
    lots of dreamless sleep pots?
    Our paladin threw Cider a heal about once every 20 seconds. Judgement of Wisdom was enough to keep his mana up. He got low a couple of times, but our druid's innervate was up everytime he dropped below 2k mana.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

Something I forgot to mention in the post is that I actually paused the movie to write this blog and edit that image. I only just now remembered I haven't finished the last 20 minutes of it. It's that bad.

lol, terrible!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I added most of the details to the blog itself.

lol i love going back to things like that for fun.
    There's a website called "Anime On Demand" that's pretty nice. You get their client and fire it up whenever you need a fixing for anime. It's free otherwise I wouldn't even bother mentioning it lol
    They have a schedule up on their site.
    Anime on Demand: Your home for free streaming anime!

I give it a go once in a while when I'm bored with not much to do lol
    The most stressful, yet provides the most gratification..
    Tanking <3

1579 Shield Block value? Your current armory doesn't seem to be that gear, which I would be very interested in seeing! That's ridiculous!

It's up for a bit, Voltaik. Check it out as you get time.

Shield Block bonus as well from T5 2-piece (130 block).

Thanks for leaving that gear up. All I can say is wow!

holy crap, that's a lot =x what kinda shield slam crits are you seeing cider?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    holy crap, that's a lot =x what kinda shield slam crits are you seeing cider?
    The same as I was when Deathwish and Enrage stacked.

I need the breastplate at the least to break my current damage.

[item]Panzar'thar Breastplate[/item] ?

Its definitely part of the perfect chest pre-tier 6 i think.

Yes, Panzar.

T4 has more block value than Panzar (by 6)

It does, but Karazhan raids actually still happen in my new guild.

Honestly, the movies _can't_ really advance the characters since they are just very well done (in theory) filler.

As for Naruto you really should read the manga. No crappy 3 and a half damned seasons of filler eps (almost everything from the end of when Sasuke and Naruto fought up until Shippūden was filler). Plus you miss out on the totally awesome backstory for Kakashi!

i loved those manga volumes of kakashi. Always wondered how he got that eye >:]

+ Reply to Thread