+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroics - Druid Tanking

Heroics - Druid Tanking

Just wanted to get some advice for tanking heroics as a druid. I going to hit revered with Cenarion Exp. when I get home and planned to start tanking heroics right away, but am I ready? Click the druid in my sig for my armory. Are there any upgrades I NEED to make before trying it? Right now I generally find myself at 11k health and 16k armor self buffed with Mark of the Wild.

first make sure you're uncrittable, which is i think 415 defense for a bear with your talent.

After that, push for more armor and health, I think you gotta try it and see how it hits you first. 14.5k is how much my warrior run heroics with so your armor isn't that bad, might need to be higher for a bear. health is a bit low though, I have over 12.5k unbuffed you should have way more than that as a tauren. Other than that, I can't give much help, never played a dr00d.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The most glaring upgrade I can see is the shoulders right now. They just dont cut it for tanking. I figure I wanna get Mantle of Perenolde which drops in Old Hillsbrad or Sun-Guilded Shouldercaps from BM. I had my shot for Shoulderpads of Assassination in Sethekk, but I lost out to a rogue .Should help with the stam over what I got now, and Perenolde has the slots I can use for whatever. Thoughts?

I have a 70 Druid tank, and I can give you some pointers. The biggest is to gear for tanking and dps seperately. Heavy clefthoof is definately tanking..but many of your slots are filled with dps gear. Druids are lucky in that at 70 we can gear up very well out of instances...I'll give you a list, but no links cause i'm on a mac and linking is a pain lol.

head: stylin purple hat..crafted
    neck: strength of the untamed...Cenarion rep.
    shoulders: assassin or wastewander..as a Q alternative maybe Cleansed fel pauldrons.
    back: resolute cape(?) crafted..thorium weave if you can get it.
    chest..heavy clefthoof
    waist: manimals cinch..Q reward
    wrist: umberhowls collar..Q reward
    hands..verdant gloves..Q reward
    legs: Heavy clefthoof
    Feet: Heavy clefthoof
    rings: armor rings if you can get them..if not go for sta and def/res
    trinks: same as the rings
    weapon: braxxis staff till you get eathwarden will cut it.

I would go for all stamina gems..unless you need other colours for meta gems or something. +def gems don't give alot of return for the space imo. Remember that res will help make you uncritable too-which is really your only need for def as a druid, so dont just look for def.

There is an exellent resource at druid-wiki you can use to see what gear is available, just don't blindly follow their rating system.

To answer your question..I would advise you to get a few things from the list above and get up to 13000 health/19000 armor or so for heroics.
    Last edited by Nakodo; 08-28-2007 at 03:16 PM.

O. M. G. Druidwiki is wonderful for tanking druids. Hopefully I can get enough experience as a whole tanking heroics (and hopefully raids) to start posting some helpful info here. Thanks for all the help, I'll let you guys know how it works out.

The Armory

^^ My tanking gear. I need a couple enchants yet but it's pretty complete. Except for Earthwarden, *sigh*

+ Reply to Thread