"T5" Boots comparison.

Hey everyone, hoping to get your thoughts on these two items:

Red Havoc Boots vs. Boots of the Resilient

This is the BoP Blacksmithing boots I just got the recipe for:

Red Havoc Boots
    1105 Armor
    +49 Stamina
    Equip: Increases defense rating by 32.
    Equip: Increases your shield block rating by 25.
    Equip: Increases the block value of your shield by 30.

Here are the Boots that drop off of Solarian*, the ones that match T5 graphic:
    Boots of the Resilient
    1105 Armor
    +51 Stamina
    Red Socket
    Yellow Socket
    Socket Bonus: +4 Stamina
    Equip: Increases defense rating by 25.
    Equip: Increases your shield block rating by 25.

Now I'm inclined to go ahead and craft the Red Havoc Boots today. I have the Mats, the other boots haven't dropped yet, and there's another Tank I would pass them to that isn't a Blacksmith. Also that 30 Shield Block Value is really hard to pass up, even more so than the +12 Stam and +8 Hit gems that I would likely socket Boots of the Resilient with.

Is my reasoning sound? Or am I going to regret wasting a couple Primal Nethers in a week when the other boots drop?

Thanks for any input.

*Thanks for the correction Paumedie!
    Last edited by Kaldore; 08-28-2007 at 07:51 AM.

The other boots may never drop.

You have the plans for a solid upgrade, make them.

3 letters SBV altho honestly i would eventually grab em both the havoc's for threat and the resilient for EH

I've been wondering this for a long time, and sorry for the hijack, but what does "Tier 5" mean exactly? How do I know what "tier" something is, or if something is T5, what does that imply?

I have a pair of both. I use [item]Red Havoc Boots[/item] when I need the extra threat and [item]Boots of the Resilient[/item] the rest of the time.

Also, it's worth noting that [item]Boots of the Resilient[/item] drop off of High Astromancer Solarian and not Al'ar.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

Ahh damn, my mistake. We're going back into TK tonight and I was looking at some loot tables and mixed the two bosses up. >_<

Yeah, I believe I will shoot for both - Getting the dropped boots after the other Tanks.

I believe I'm going to go for a Boars Speed Enchant, helpful in closing distances when Intercept and Intervene are down and Trash or adds get loose.

Anyone have any opinions on the enchant they prefer?

Last thing I did before leaving Alleria to go back to Lothar was snag the plans for Red Havoc off the AH. I love them and that is a slot I won't have to upgrade for a long time considering we are just now killing Gruul.

I was about to say Red Havoc hands down but I missed the sockets. The others are better but as was mentioned, never a sure thing as drops and random loot tend to be. Red Havoc is certainly not gimping yourself, so go for it. Mats aren't terrible either.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Red Havoc! Block value FTW.
    Especially if you already have the pattern.

If you have the plans and the BS skill, then make 'em. They're amazing boots.

I've been battling with myself over them for a while. I'm not BS, and I really, really want those boots...

Like I posted earlier, anyone have an opinion on the Enchant? I'm inclined to pick Boar's Speed.

I have fortitude on mine, but i have another set of tanking boots with boar's speed on them so....

Have you guys looked at the pally boots from BT, too? It's sad to say this, but I would seriously use those as well.

Ok i have a question what is the deal with Boar's Speed? What makes it worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Flintridge View Post
    Ok i have a question what is the deal with Boar's Speed? What makes it worth getting?

You can run away faster? Flint and I discussed this some the other night in chat while because another tank had told him he ought to upgrade to Boar's Speed from +12 stam. I disagreed with that....but I'm sure it has some utility somewhere along the line.....I can't think of any boss fights in the content we are on where it would be helpful....hydross maybe?
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    You can run away faster? Flint and I discussed this some the other night in chat while because another tank had told him he ought to upgrade to Boar's Speed from +12 stam. I disagreed with that....but I'm sure it has some utility somewhere along the line.....I can't think of any boss fights in the content we are on where it would be helpful....hydross maybe?
    Not so much Hydross...I can see it being marginally useful in a lot of fights, though.

We do have two in-combat "distance closers", however, in intervene and intercept--each on a 30 second cooldown. I don't think Boar's Speed is worth it IMO.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3012/paum1rp8.jpg

"As fish go, the naga on the loading screen is pretty hot." - Ciderhelm

I find that when I can't use a distance closing ability - Charge, Intercept, Intervene - It's not a rage issue, it's one of being | | <---- That far out of range. A speed enchant might help.

Battleguard Sartura

Leotheras the Blind

Also for getting in position for Kael'thas... Thats what we're working on presently and what I had in mind for the enchant.

Picking up the naggas for vashj comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
    I've been wondering this for a long time, and sorry for the hijack, but what does "Tier 5" mean exactly? How do I know what "tier" something is, or if something is T5, what does that imply?
    Usually this refers to the fact that the item, while not actually a part of a tiered set (There are no boots in any of the tiered sets in the Expansion), drops in the same instance as that Tier and in some cases actually matches it cosmetically.

For example, two pieces of the Tier 4 set drop in Karazhan. The tanking boots there (Battlescar Boots) are not actually from this set, but they have similar item values and in this case they look like they are a part of the Warrior Tier 4.

+ Reply to Thread