+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Morogrim

Morogrim

We are currently working on Tidewalker and want to know any hints or stratergies I can use to make this fight easier on our healers. My armory link is included please feel free to comment on it as well as other gear I could use- I may have it in bag- that would help.

The Armory

Whats pots- other than iron/stoneshield pots-flask and so forth.

Thanks in advance,

Elio

Feral Druid

1) They have an AOE avoidance tallent (works on his cone AOE and i think Earthquake?)
    2) Since he hits so fast your going to get crushed no matter what, they have alot higher effective health

If you don't have a well geared druid or your gear isn't quite nice then dont have your healers bang your head against a wall. Just move to Leo -> Fathom next if you just killed Hydross -> Lurker. Morogrim is a bit 'luck' based and can be difficult, preferbly you should have 4 healers on you the entire time. 1 Paladin, 1 Shaman, 1-2 Druids/Priests.

Morogrim doesn't hit fast. He can does very spike damage because he can combine the quake+water thing+melee but if you add a crush to the table then certainly is gonna be wipe for the raid.
    To add that SSC is not a good place for feral gear :S

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Just a question: If morogrim eats through warrior shield blocks would that not mean a paladin has a less chance of getting an unlucky combination?

Too bad from what i see paladins rock at the adds tanking lol ..

Here is an example of the WWS log form our last attempt yesterday- how can one avoid not dying.

06:25'35.106 Elio's Shield Slam hits Morogrim Tidewalker for 636
    496 Elio gains Shield Block
    496 Elio is afflicted by Weakened Soul
    871 Serilis's Renew dot heals Elio for 789
    918 Elio gains Renew
    918 Bobeuker's Holy Light heals Elio for 4263
    918 Morogrim Tidewalker's Melee hits Elio for 3530 (530 blocked)
    06:25'36.700 Blondiee dies
    715 Elio's Devastate parried by Morogrim Tidewalker
    746 Elio gains 1 Rage from Shield Specialization
    762 Elio's Reflect hits Morogrim Tidewalker for 27 Nature damage
    06:25'37.043 Morogrim Tidewalker's Melee parried by Elio
    075 Elio gains Prayer of Mending
    121 Morogrim Tidewalker's Melee hits Elio for 3857 (530 blocked)
    06:25'38.075 Elio's Prayer of Mending heals Elio for 1379
    075 Elio performs Prayer of Mending
    075 Elio gains 1 Rage from Shield Specialization
    075 Elio's Reflect hits Morogrim Tidewalker for 17 Nature damage
    278 Elio gains Devotion Aura
    559 Tylos's Renew dot heals Elio for 722
    793 Morogrim Tidewalker's Melee hits Elio for 7639 (crushing)
    793 Bobeuker's Flash of Light heals Elio for 1371
    809 Elio's Revenge hits Morogrim Tidewalker for 278
    06:25'39.153 Elio's Melee parried by Morogrim Tidewalker
    153 Elio's Reflect hits Morogrim Tidewalker for 22 Nature damage
    496 Elio gains Revenge
    668 Morogrim Tidewalker's Melee hits Elio for 8554 (crushing)
    06:25'40.309 Elio dies

I see 2 parries in that log.....Parry resets the swing timer effectively speeding up the mob's attack speed (IIRC) That's nasty luck right there....
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

I only see that you applied shield block once at the beginning then not again guessing that log is more than 5 seconds long... Could be the source of your problems. Also getting devo aura late, shame shame on your paladin.

One other thing to consider is lag and the recording of events to the combat log. I do not recall completely the post but Blizzard is aware of this (the post related to rogue's vanish) and there's not much they can do about it.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Its a 5 second parse and in that time frame you took 23.4k dmg in 5 seconds with only a total of 8524 in heals (including Renew and PoM). A flash of light cast is what 1.5 seconds long and a holy light is 2.5 if i'm not mistaken (never levelled a pally). What im getting at is that you should have been hit with another heal from AT LEAST the priest if not the pally as well before that second crushing. That would have given you, based on the previous numbers for those 2 heals, about 5k more hp to take that second crushing. I'm also assuming that you are sitting at around 21k hp raid buffed.

If your healers can keep you topped off and they don't have a reactive healing cycle you can take those crushing blows and still get healed for enough (you'll likely end up with around 3k hp) to bring you out of those tough spots. That can give you a chance to healthstone, pot, or pop last stand or shield wall. Your CD on shield block would be up shortly after that second crush as well.

Just my thoughts on it. I could be wrong and not see the big picture and it could definitely be one of those very unlucky points that everyone gets.

The below does not help the poster in anyway shape or form sorry :

Just doing rough here a paladin would have taken 18804~ damage compared to the 23580 damage you took..Also because the paladin only uses melee swings he would not have got that devastate parry..Just a thought

(divided the crushings by 1.5 and added then to the other damage also added 311 damage (ok yes thats a random number but it was to eliminate the high block value which paladins dont usually have) and mitigation differences but yes its a random number). Might still have died being a paladin but im just thinking is the strength of holy shield (8 charge shield block) and having non melee based specials a huge advantage that is not considered?

a pally getting hit for 18.8k is essentially the same as a warrior getting hit for 23k tho isn't it?

In equal gear the paladin and warrior are at simmlar values of Armor (the warrior will have more due to agi) block value will mostlikely be less on the paladin and due to the nature of defensive stance applying after armor the paladin will take 1.6% more damage. So to answer your question no because the difference between 19k and 23k is not 1.2k hp.

+ Reply to Thread