+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daze in 2.2

Daze in 2.2

• Daze: Defense skill will no longer reduce the chance players have to receive the Daze effect when attacked from behind by enemies.
    I'm curious if anyone here has gotten on the ptr to see if this change will have as big of an effect as i think it will.

So long, Skettis!
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. ... I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. ... -- From the Vow of the Night's Watch
    Stonehelm of Sentinels-US

I'm not really that concerned with the daily quests, i'm more concerned with trash mobs where you have to tank 3 or 4+, and bosses where mobility is important.

People on the forums seems to make a bigger fuss about it than it really is. At least in my opinion, it will not really affect raid content. Off the top of my head, I can think of maybe 4 or 5 boss where mobility is strongly present, and in all of those, you only tank 1 mob, aka the boss itself. If you only have 1 mob on you, avoiding to get dazed and still move fast is fairly easy by strafing.

Now for heroics and normal 5man dungeons, that'll be another story. I am personally glad I'm done with the heroic chain where you have to do a 1hr heroic shattered halls. I can't even begin to imagine how nightmarish this place will be after the patch -_-

change to general boss tanking? nop, not really. Hurtful change to instances' multimob tanking? yep and I weep for new tanks who still have to run those 5mans.

I hate this Bullshit, it`s a game over internet, it`s not perfect, just one word "Latency". Enough said, and "So long, Skettis" Sekttis is the reason for this nerf, because of the daily quests, we get this feature added which makes tanking even harder. WTG Blizz.

Well its not really so much a tanking nerf and a grinding nerf..

Daily quests are one thing...Prot Paladin AoE grinding is another ...

I've been eyeing this change too and wondering how it will effect us as well.

And I'll bite - how did the Skettis quests drive this? Too easy to fly away from those accursed birds? Don't they have ariel hamstring too?

yes they had hamstring but we were basically the only ones who didnt get dazed and fall off. I quickly learned as did many others to swap in tank gear while doing dailies in skettis

Ah, ok. I didn't realize that Daze was what knocked you off. Whenever I aggroed one, I either climbed as fast as I could or dove for the lake so I had someplace soft to land.

Oh, and don't forget druids - don't think they can get knocked out of bird form, and even if they are, they can reshift instantly in flight. Boo!

Havent seen any posts yet on here but blizzard did remove the Daze nerf

WoW Forums -> Daze Mechanic Update

Well, that's what test realms are for. Glad they got it worked out before it became an issue.

The test realms played a very small role i think in the Daze nerf being removed. There was a 25 page post by people on the PTR forum wioth not one blue response then cam a few more in the ptr with still no blue response.

It wasn'ty till it got some major attention on the General forum and other forums that Blizzard took it seriosuly enough to respond too and look into deeper.

Either way, it works out We have enough issues finding people who actually enjoy tanking to say 'by the way, you're not gonna get beaten like a priest, enjoy!"

I have to say that all the posts for people saying 'gg whiners, learn to tank' amuse me, since they obviously have no idea what goes on.

the whole thing was from my readings on daze had to do with the Kaliri birds not dismpounting us while doing the bombing quest (There does appear to be some reference to warlocks andmages being able to kite/do heroics solo too and from what ?I saw on one post in the ptr forum was that they are changing the terrain in Slave pens and maybe a few other instances to remove the kiting.

If non protection specced people want to get daze lessed all thy need to do is melee a little or while leveling and in battles along with wearing a few pieces f plus defense gear

Before the BC came out very few people who wer 60 for awhile ever got dazed due to game-play time and encouters where they did get hit but with the release of BC alot of classes could rang edps so when they hit 70 their base defense was not high enough to counter daze by alot of critters.

Thos who say "l2tank" should try to move around when 123124189371 Embers of Al'ar are pwning your back.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

+ Reply to Thread