+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Almost MT in kara in need of suggestions

Almost MT in kara in need of suggestions

Hi

Having recently discovered this forum, I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the friendlyness and the lack of OMGFFSL2PN00BBBQFTW comments.

As many others I would like some suggestions on spec/gear for my tank.

My guild is working its way through Kara. We have downed prince a couple of times, but lack Netherspite, Illhoof and Nightbane.
    I'm usually MT when our Main MT () is not available.

The Armory

As for upgrades I'm considering:
    Since the helmet from Opera refuses to drop, I have been thinking of getting the Stalwart defender crafted. I'm not sure what items from the heroics I could benefit the most from either. I was considereing getting the cloak and the autoblocker but which one to for first?

Talent wise:
    Not sure what this forum's thoughs on the Cruelty tallent are but personally, I wouldn't be seen without the free threat.

1 threat every 3 seconds also isn't my idea of a usefull tallent.

Maybe take the points from tacticall mastery and throw them into Shield Mastery.

Gear wise:

At 506 Defense you can afford to switch some of the gems to stamina gems, don't go out of your way to hit socket bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Japper View Post
    Talent wise:
    Not sure what this forum's thoughs on the Cruelty tallent are but personally, I wouldn't be seen without the free threat.

1 threat every 3 seconds also isn't my idea of a usefull tallent.

Maybe take the points from tacticall mastery and throw them into Shield Mastery.

Gear wise:

At 506 Defense you can afford to switch some of the gems to stamina gems, don't go out of your way to hit socket bonuses.

I have been considering to get shield mastery. I just didn't know which talents to remove. I'll try a respec and see if I like it.
    And you are right, I probably went too much overbaord with socket bonus - will buy more stamina gems!

Thanks for the advice

Does anyone else have any comments about my gear?
    Suggestions on what to get etc.

Talents:

Try to pick up Cruelty if you can.
    Takes points from Improved Taunt/Tactical mastery/Improved Bloodrage/Improved Defensive Stance to put into Shield Mastery.

Gear:

Your dodge seems really low. You can run normal Steamvaults to get the [item]Devilshark Cape[/item]; the stamina is a bit on the low side but overall it's a very good cloak. At the same time, you can gain reputation with Cenarion Expedition for [item]Strength of the Untamed[/item], buyable at revered. Run Arcatraz for the [item]Elementium band of the Sentry[/item].

Enchant your cloak with 12 dodge rating and your gloves with 15 Agility. These enchants will be widely available and mats easier to obtain.

Don't know how keen you are on running heroics. If Karazhan drops hasn't been kind to you, you can get some decent upgrades using heroic badges.

Thanks for the suggestions!

+ Reply to Thread