+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maulgar and friends

Maulgar and friends

So our smallish guild, is with some new members getting close to being able to field a 25 man team to go into Gruul's for the first time

The plan is for all of us who can (probably between 20 and 25) to go in tonight and have an hour or so of wipes while learning the pull - all our hunters and tanks will be there as well as a fair number of dps and healers. And then next week we can get serious

From strats and information online I'm guessing I (MT Maulgar) will need my high effective health gear on (13.6k hp, 14.4k armour, 20 dodge, 16.8 parry and 25% block) - hope these stats are good enough unbuffed ?

Apart from all the normal stuff - shield block, demo shout and tclap and having a hunter pull him for me - has anyone got any words of wisdom

Also how hard do the few trash mobs hit for before the council?
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Ironshield potion on cooldown.
    If you can trade a little % block for sta do it.
    Maulgar is good possible with only 16k health raidbuffed but its not easy.

But your equip should be ok.

How much hp has your mage tanking Krosh?

No clue on our mage tank's hp, but he's been collecting stam gear for this fight from lvl 65, is an enchanter, is our guild leader and is the best theorycrafter for mages that I know - so I've got complete faith in him.

Last time in Kara I was at about 17.5 k hp raidbuffed (might have been missing a druid buff, can't remember).

Our mage tank has a little under 12k I believe. We use a boomkin to tank the shaman, shes pretty good at holding the aggro. The most important part of this fight is the pull in my opinion. You get it down and you are golden in most cases. We burn Priest, Warlock, Mage, Shaman in that order. For the mage tank I will suggest holding the misdirect till the mage gets his first couple shots off, we have had wierd issues with MD to the mage off the bat. Keep your OT in between the group to pick maulgar up and you should have easy loots. Also having warlocks banish an enslave the felhunters to taunt the warlock, saves some healer mana.

Heavy tank on Maulgar. Your stats are better than mine when I tanked him for the first time. 3 healers on you, I like having a pally (in group, devo aura) Tree (also in group) and a priest. Basic hold on to your butt, Iron/stoneshields every CD, SB every CD, demo, TC, Commanding....Threat is not an issue as you have him alone for quite a while. Imp buff if you can but you may lose it if your lock has to pick up a Felhound.

I put a heavy tank and a feral on the Warlock Ogre along with the enslaved Felhounds. He tends to get loose so locking him down is key. Locking down the Felhounds is huge. Feral on the Priest, burn him down fast. 2 huntards on the shaman or a moonkin if you have one. Mage on the mage...10K+ HP. One good pally can handle healing them. Mana can be an issue for the tanking mage, make sure they are aware of that. I have seen a wipe because the mage tank didn't have enough mana to spell steal

Kill priest, warlock, shaman, mage, Maulgar. If the mage tank goes down, haul ass for the door. Its over. If no adds are down and somehow MT healers go down, GTFO. Better to set back up and try again.

All opinions and ideas expressed in this post are subject to ridicule and debunking, but that strat one shot him last night.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Update: 18 of us went in last night, basically missing several healers and one or two dps. After a couple of tries - I got "rabbitted" on the first pull we managed to get them all split up; hunter and moonkin got kiggler down to 75% and the priest was down to the mid 70's as well before lack of healers killed either me or one of the other tanks. But all in all it was a good experience - now to find a couple more good healers.

PS. Out mage tank had about 13.2k hp

+ Reply to Thread