Thread: Horacio gets his Thunderfury....

Horacio gets his Thunderfury....

Not the highest quality, a little cheesey and really old but fun. Of course there are about 5 tanks trying to tank Thunderaan, I wanted all my buddies there. And why are there 2 giant TF's in the ground? Well....I shoulda had it on master looter...long story, funny now but I nearly had an anue...anyeur...blew a gasket....

Thunderfury
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

gratz!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Need more Flint imo H

FLINTZ!

It should be noted that Flint chipped in 40+ Arcanite Bars he was saving for his TF when I got the 2nd binding.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

that damn sword ruined my life pre tbc now im glad i dont get asked what quest reward its from.

Every day in IF : "OMG whre u get tat sword?" I like to tell em WalMart. Maybe next person who asks I'll tell em Hogger but you have to solo him at level one to unlock the quest chain. My dad's a GM? I sued Blizzard and they put in the game as part of the settlement? I found it in the ocean off the coast of STV? I pulled it from a rock in the middle of Orgrimmar? A rare drop off Van Cleef? I was the 1 millionth customer? Exalted with the Bloodsail Bucanneers? Reward for finding the King of Stormwind? I killed High Overlord Saurfang?

My question to you Horacio, is how long did it take you to get both bindings?
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

hrm....I have to think about that.

Lets see....I guess about May 06 our first binding dropped and it went to our MT. Somewhere in there Flint joined the guild and already had a binding (both off Garr) About August? We split the core raid team and ran 2 MC's with alot of the more casual players to get them through to Rags. It dropped off Garr in the raid I was running. I, as raid leader, assigned it to someone else. He refused it and I ended up taking it. The next Wednesday, the Garr binding dropped again and went to our 4th tank....so we had 4 tanks with one binding.

A month later...Sept? I was running a guild pug MC and the Geddon binding dropped....I was on my mage. Gave it to another tank because none one else was there who needed it. I guess it was October sometime. I was done with MC but one group was short and needed a hand. Their MT also had a priest that was a core raider so he took the priest and I tanked and the Geddon binding dropped. Those dates are probably way off but I don't write this crap down. The guy that got the 1st Geddon Binding also made his TF about a month after I did.

I ran MC from Jan 06 -Aug 06 non stop with the core raid group, never missed a raid, always cleared those bosses. That raid only ever saw 2 Garr bindings in those months. The others fell for other groups. I was in the right place at the right time.

Yea right place at the right time *shakes fist* i had the garr binding since the first summer after release. So that was 05 i think? Still have it in the bank to, along with the quest item from rags, will i ever drop the quest? Probably not, its the one that got away.....*queue cheesy music*

If i recall correctly the TF binidngs were nt released till around septemberish/early oct of 05 The first binding dropped before there was any major relase by blizzard aboutthe weapon and a hunter got the binidng. (He never went for the second binding sicne it is not a hunter weapon)

the second binding i saw drop was then in Feb of 06 which I promptly grabbed as MT the second binding(off of Gheddon) dropped in May 06.

I findmyself using it quite often still epsecially when doing dailys in BEM.
    I canget up to 10 procs on lvl 71 critters and average 5-6. Sicne the proc damage is not affected by being in defensive stance and taking on multiple mobs at once I find that I do a hell of alot more damage then with my KD or even Decapitaor

I still need Geddons binding, it is my hope that I will be able to solo or duo him at 80 with some fire resist gear. If that is possible, I will farm him weekly till I get it and finsih off that damn quest so I can drop it from my log

There was a transfered 60 NE Hunter on my server with a TF for a while pre TBC. Every body saw he had it and then instantly hated him, lol. He would join the party and they'd see the TF and be like "WTF dude?" and kick him. I kind of felt bad for him because he could never get a party, but the truth of the situation is that he was the GM of the guild on his last server and "accidently" miss-looted the first binding to himself. When he took the second binding his entire guild /gquit on him.
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

There was an Orc hunter on Chromaggus that looted one binding. For some reason, he became popular on the Lothar forums (we have elite trolls!) and he would post some garbage now and then and take his flames.

/sigh

Had a rogue quit when we gave the first binding to our MT at the time. He was a dick anyway and did us a favor. As raid leader but playing my mage I awarded a binding to a tank and a guy who was a priest on the core raid team but in that raid on his tank alt quit on the spot.

When the first Splinter of Atiesh dropped I rammed it down our GM's throat(holy priest) because he is unversally respected and loved in the guild. He didn't grasp the concept that while its noble to pass to someone else, that means we have to CHOOSE a someone else. Of course, we never got any more splinters...lol.

It is interesting seeing the responses of people whenit comes to TF

Like Horatio said your in If or be it or a horde city and its Wow that is awesoemI hav enever sen an Orange weapon. then people in trade or general ar elike TF is old get rid of it hang it up its not good anymore. i think miost fo these people are either
    1 Never got a binding or stuck with 1 binding and wish they had TF or
    2 Dont want others to think they suck by still using TF

Thundefury's heyday is over but situaltionally it is still the best wepaon for one handers least up too SSC its great for soloing and taking on multiple critters sicne its proc is not affected by defenisve stance:} Alos as horatio i thinkit was stated that its proc doesnt gnerate the threat the damage still does so i find it outhreating my KD all the time

i am cursed by TF....i have run MC far too many times led too many raids in the hopes of obtaining that weapon....i got my baron binding i think almost 2 years ago maybe longer but to my avail no luck with garr....i still do it weekly..its kinda funny seeing ten full t6 people heading to MC...we get many wierd looks on the way down..but still no garr binding...i want it mainly for sentimental value casue i spent far too much time in MC pretbc

I'm sitting on x100 [item]Arcanite Bar[/item]s in my bank, and I've got most of the other mats (still need to do the Mind Control ordeal to learn how to smelt Elementium), but MC raids are, sadly, a thing of the past. When you DO manage to get a group together, some asshat HAS to ask in raid chat:

"Are we all rolling on the bindings if they drop?"

...at which point all the warriors immediately leave the group when I tell them no.

...what? It's my raid. I'm master looter. You can have all your stupid little lvl 60 class epics. I'm taking the bindings for my troubles, kthxbai!

Heh, j/k. I'd never do that. Nor would I ever bring another prot warrior to MC with me to contest such a role. :P

Congratulations! I am really envious

Thunderfury is such an awesome weapon. I heard you're going to be able to upgrade it in wotlk, if anyone has some info or real confirmation on this, I'd appriciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkarn View Post
    Thunderfury is such an awesome weapon. I heard you're going to be able to upgrade it in wotlk, if anyone has some info or real confirmation on this, I'd appriciate it.
    I seriously doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkarn View Post
    Wishful thinking