+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Troll Warriors Really That Bad?

Troll Warriors Really That Bad?

I catch a lot of grief about being a troll warrior, but here are some questions maybe you guys can help with.

Everyone talks about Taurens increase to stam, but if a troll is regenerating 10% of hlth in combat, does that not kinda even out to almost the samething?

Berserking, no added attack power like the Orc (not that a tank would use that), but I have found that I open up with it after I settle a little initial aggro, that I can get quite a jump on threat.

Im just easing into the OT/MT role, but I hate getting bashed about being a troll. I mean other than the fact that I have to look at 2 big ugly toes all day are we really that bad?

If it is a question of Min-Maxing for Tanking then the only two Options anyone should ever choose would be Human (Weapon Skill) and Tauren (Increased Health).

Sounds to me that you make a very compelling argument for your Troll Warrior, the Regeneration and Berserking actually sound much more beneficial to you than my Shadowmeld and 1% Dodge.

It's one of those things people will use against you when trying to prove a point.

Taurens are probably the best Warrior/Druid tanking race in the game. That doesn't mean every person playing a Tauren is inherently better than those that chose other races, however. The Alliance don't have Taurens, and they seem to get by fine.

This might encourage you: The main tank for Last Resort -- one of the top guilds in the world -- is a Troll Warrior (The Armory).

I had a troll warrior at one point and it worked out just fine for me as well. I just stuck with my Orc because I find him to have a nice balance between pvp and pve with the stun resists, axe mastery, and blood rage (oh man do i get grief for accidentally hitting this while raid tanking lol!)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Concordia has it right. Don't sweat racials.

Nihilum isn't where it is because it has Tauren tanks; it is where it is because it is an amazing guild with incredible players.

The fact is, there's no realistic Effective Health barrier you'd break with 5% Health from Tauren Racial unless your loot luck was awful and you couldn't keep up w/ basic gearing. While it's a great racial, it hasn't stopped Alliance guilds from being successful.

Don't sweat it.

I have guildy who is a troll, and he has been saved by his regen a few times, and his beserking does up threat so use it when you can.

I wish the regen did a percent regen in regards to your life instead of a percentof your current health regen, but then it might be OP.

See now I know I am not crazy. We have a couple tauren tanks, and I was out threating them in gear that was nowhere near what they have. I guess from now, on I can just tell them, at least I dont scratch my butt every 2 mins.

Out of curiosity...

...are you a female Troll?

Nope, but then I could of really been the wierdo, I dont think I have ever even seen a female troll warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaja View Post
    Nope, but then I could of really been the wierdo, I dont think I have ever even seen a female troll warrior.
    I find Female Tauren Warriors to be more rare.

I've poked fun at Trolls lots before and even caught flak for it on my site for doing so, but ultimately any race works just fine.

Skill > Gear > Spec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Race

It's way down there.. don't sweat it

I find female Taurens to be HOT! I would totally hit that!

Anyways, all mitigation, threat generating, and other theories aside, if you enjoy playing your class/race set up, I think ultimately thats all that matters. If they don't like you being a Troll, then they can go choke on a gnome.
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

Taurens are too big.

We need a shrink spell!

I think we should fight Capawera(sp) style personally....and then shrink ppl!

Quote Originally Posted by Karaja View Post
    Capawera(sp)
    Capoeira

Quote Originally Posted by Wartorn View Post
    Taurens are too big.

We need a shrink spell!
    I use alot of money on noggers for the shrinking effect >_<
    Another thing about being to big, I cant ride my raptor in UC. the elevator kills me lol.

On topic, I love trolls got a troll shaman and troll rogue. Loving the Berserking ability. As Venetrio said race is sooo way far down. Skills first
    Noraxe
    Magtheridon EU

+ Reply to Thread