Soo it's about time to leave SSC and TK and focus only Hyjal and BT. I've just been in Hyjal once and only for Winterchill trash and boss so I don't know if this will apply for the rest of bosses too.
Alliance NPCs are stealing aggro a lot. I also need to throw some stuns to ghouls so they stop canibalizing. Imp Shield Bash could be handy for the Necroguys, but this one is not something I think will be needed, having 2-3 Spriests with silence and at least 1 or 2 mages with Imp Counter.
The big question is: Do you think I should get Imp. Taunt and Imp.Revenge for these trash?
And what talents I shall unlearn in favor of those?
I came across this spec trying to get some balance between Efficiency and managing these trash but Im still thinking on it before paying another 50g :P
I don't have the imp. taunt anymore (removed it when guild was laughing at me :P). I wouldn't worry about the imp. shield bash. Also, let a paladin tank the ghouls etc, he's better at keeping the aggro for those. Once all are rounded up...
If you don't mind dishing out the gold for the respec, I don't see why not.
How many tanks do you have? And we use a holy paladin in tanking gear, and it helps immensely.
Always TAUNT off of the NPCs, and as you noticed, they have CRAZY aggro, so don't just taunt, shield slam, and expect to keep it on you with thunderclaps. Thunderclapping and cleaving doesn't quite help with aggro here, so don't bother. Manually tab through and keep aggro that way. With a paladin tanking, it shouldn't be too difficult.
And good luck on the abom waves. Ewwww. Hate those guys (but they can be CC'd if things go wrong, so if one doesn't get tanked at first, make sure the raid knows they can fear and shackle! It can save lives).
i will start from the bottom up.
1. i would get imp def stance because you will encounter a good amount of casters and mods that have aoe spell dmg in the trash waves (aswell as boss')
2. imp revenge is AMAZING on the trash
3. imp taunt is a MUST!
- we send rogues in on the casters and sheep the rest till they are ready to move on.
- have 2-3 tanks tanking as much of the mods as possible with 1 running around picking up the ones that managed to run out.
- aboms get single targeted first.
- after 2-4 mobs get single targeted and the tanks have enough agro on the rest of it, the casters go in to aoe.
- this is where imp taunt really shines since you can imagine there will be mobs agroing on casters eventualy.
- infernals get taken care of first, banish as many as you can and single target.
- have a hunter or two kite a mob (aboms are perfect) through npc camps to make sure they come in to help with the aoe tanking.
- if you have casters in an upcomming pack, make sure to svae a full rage bar so that you can run in with spell reflect up.
to summorize (and this will depend on what strat you use,) your job is to have solid agro on the initial mob or two which will get focuse fired while building threat on the rest of the mobs around you.
I dont have any of the things you listed and we have cleared Hyjal and ive never had any problems. Spell reflect tanking necros is fun, and they dont really do damage besides that. Rogues will be locking them down, and any extras should be sheeped. I really dont feel like the Hyjal trash is worthy of a respec at all, as its all very easy with the exception of Kaz'rogal trash. Even his isnt that bad.
Just to say again, im not against speccing for imp revenge, imp taunt etc, but to be honest the trash is a joke.
Yeah our guild is lacking an actual prot pally, but I have a 70 pally that I played some port, and I have healed them in instances and I can imagine having one in Hyjal with good gear would be just amazing.
I had to spec out of prot on my pally, was making my warrior jealous.
Hyjal trash requires focused Main Assisting, and controlled AOE. Tanking the trash is a mixture of tab sundering, Tclap on cooldown, demo shout periodically, and a trigger finger on your Intervene macro.