+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MTing Kara

MTing Kara

Hi,

A little background I'm currently MT'ing Kara - we got Aran, Prince, Nightbance and Ilhoof all down for the first time last week and atm apart from heroics and kara I'm not running any of the 25mans as the guild is small.

The Armory

I've got the gloves from the Maiden and the battlescar boots in my bags. The engi gun and heroic badges cloak are on my shopping list

I respecced to include tactical mastery last week for the first time ever and ended up with a point spare which got put into imp heroic strike, cos I was racing off to tank nightbane and didnt have much time to think Any other suggestions would be good.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Depending of how accessible is Nightbane or Gruul's shield, I would get the Azure Shield of Coldarra before the cloak. Maybe I would get the autoblocker before the cloak too. I don't like very much Moroes trinket even with the awesome dodge it gives. Check how much your effective health improves by wearing the Farstriders instead of the Devilshark. If there is not much difference go for the shield or trinket.
    The rest of gear is really fine, you were very luck, I only got shoulder and legs in my first runs, everything else were blue or crafted :S
    I would also add a +12 stamina to the bracers instead of the talasite.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Thanks, I'll have to do some checking before doing anything with the badges, fortunately there alway seem to be a shortage of tanks for heroics

Gruul's shield is unlikely as we currently don't have enough people for the 25mans.

So after a few weeks from the first post I've gotten my tier helm from prince, the boomstick, the cloak from ilhoof and my heroic badges trinket and ...... (drum roll) ..... last night after over 20 heroic mech runs I got my sun eater

So, the question, I've got KD and will probably continue using it on most fights, but for those fights where I need sun eater am I correct in guessing that mongoose is the way to go?

(In case it makes any difference to the advice, we downed netherspite for the first time this week for our first kara clear and are hoping to rally enough people for a Maulgar attempt over the weekend).

I put mongoose on my KD and put a weapon chain on the Sun Eater for the mobs that disarm in Kara.

+ Reply to Thread