+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Executioner Enchant vs. Mongoose vs. ?? (Haven't theorycrafted yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    The enchant isn't out yet. Zul'aman enchant.
    I was talking about the armor reduction on bosses. Technically, with WWS, you can get your theoretical white hit and compare it to actual white hits. This should yield a reliable damage reduction from boss armor.

Edit : Then you should be able to interpolate armor for each boss, and do the calculation Armstrong did earlier in this post. It's gonna be a lot of work, but very useful for all melee classes.
    Last edited by Wartorn; 08-07-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Armstrong, would you be interested in providing a more comprehensive post (covering the full subject of Executioner/Mongoose)? I can update it to a new webpage and get it promoted on the frontpage as well.
    I'm honestly not too sure how to factor in the haste component of Mongoose since its final effect depends on what percentage of a tank's damage comes from white damage and HS versus other abilities, which inturn depends on availability of rage and ability usage. Hopefully minor enough to just throw in a "guess" number range for now.

I've got nothing going on at work today so I'll see what I can put together over the next couple of hours.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Well one exciting thing about this enchant is that given the nature of Armor Reduction (which I learned today ) this enchant makes The Night Blade even better than before. (although still not likely as strong as it once was)

...I also don't have access to the game right now and I'm having a hard time finding a reliable value for the ratio of agility vs crit for a 70 warrior. WoWWiki says 33:1, but that doesn't look quite right to me. The armory is giving me different numbers from one player to the next. :P
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

33 agility = 1 crit for a 70 warrior

edit: updated so that would be stranger knows the truth.
    Last edited by veneretio; 08-07-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: epic failure.. again.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    ~30 agility = 1 crit for a 70 warrior
    Yeah I was looking for something that didn't involve a "~".

I guess having the exact number is probably not too critical for now. No pun intended.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

33.3~:1 as far as I know.

33 agi = 1&#37; crit.

Mongoose with kings is 132 agi = 4% crit.

+ Reply to Thread