+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.4 Berg's Tank Gear Rankings (03/19/2008)

mmmm

Now i finally have something to dump my hundreds of heroic badges on. TY berg for making it so easy for me to find upgrades.

Hi,

Great information, thanks for taking the time to put this together.

You've stated a couple of times that:

Back-to-Back boss parries along with a special attack are those rare events that instantly kill you and you are left wondering WTF?
    Could you expand on that? I don't really see the connection between a boss parrying my attacks and the boss doing a high damage attack. I guess I'm missing something

A boss has a swing timer just like you do and a cooldown on special moves. Take for instance Magtheridon. He has a big 9-11k cleave and can hit for 5k. Just like you landing an instant slield slam attack and white damage swing at the same time, he can hit+cleave when the timers line up.

He has a fairly slow swing timer, I'd say 2-3 seconds in-between normal hits. When he parries your strike, you trigger his swing timer immediately instead of waiting 2-3 seconds. If you parry 2-3 hits in a row at the same time his cleave lights you up, you are taking alot of burst damage in a short period of time.

Let's say Mag's parry rate is 10%, which according to most WWS logs, it appears to be in that ballpark. The probability of 2 parries in a row is 1%, 3 parries is .1%, but Mag is going to take 100+ swings so given enough time it's likely to happen. If you have 23 Expertise so that you cap out dodge, you would reduce Mag's parry rate by -5.75. That means his chance to get 2 parries is .33%, and 3 parries is .02%.

Thanks for the reply. I've been tanking for ages, but until today I didn't even know that parries reduced weap swing time

Quote Originally Posted by Berginyon View Post

Patch 2.3: BOOOOO! they discontinued the Gladiator's Shield Wall for season 3.
    Not quite bud, they just recently added it in.

Vengeful Gladiator's Shield Wall
    6132 AC
    167 Block
    55 Stam
    31 Resil

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/n...hield_wall.jpg

Added the Shield Wall

Great work Sir Berginyon.

I see you added the Season 3 Shield; are you going to be adding the rest of the Season 3 Arena gear to your list?

Would there be an EH stat on a per-gear basis in the future? just like the tankpoint stats?

It takes alot of time to maintain this list, and without the tankpoints mod to help with the calcs, it would be too much. If someone else would like to go through an calculate the values, I would add them to the list.

I prefer a measurement such as tankpoints because it favors balance and making choices based off this value gives you overall better gear. As long as you go with the highest tankpoints items and always gem/enchant for EH, you never really have to worry about it.

I was checking your list for [item]Glove Reinforcements[/item] and it was not listed. This is something new in 2.3 and was wondering if it is worthy of being listed for glove enchant.

Awsome job Berg, keep up the good work. I tell my warrior friend about this site all the time. That's if their serious about being a tank

Use: Permanently increase the armor on a pair of gloves by 240. Only useable on items level 60 and above.
    18x Heavy Knothide Leather
    14x Primal Earth
    1x Rune Thread
    I think I'd take a 4g Heavy Clefthide Armor Kit (+10 sta) over this any day.

Per my PM, I did an overhaul on the itemstats system and resaved your work. 2.3 items are all functional now.

Minor point. On the leggings list, shouldn't Felsteel Leggings be higher up - tankpoints around 10k, but down at 15th or so with the 8k gear at the moment.

Hiho ,
    very n1 guide!
    Some mistakes that i found .
    Gauntlets - 7. wrong wowhead
    Head - 6 not with Badges , ZulAman drop

I made the fixes, thanks for pointing them out.

Would be cool if the new +10 sta LW patches be included along the gear enchants they can be used on (Chest, Legs, Gloves, Head and Boots I think).

Also, I see you have linked some "of the Monkey" and "of the Champion" kind-of gear in the Range Weapons section, but I don't see any kind of those elsewhere. I have a couple "of the Champion" items lvl 69-70 (shoulders and ring) that, in my view, offer some good stats and it would be nice to see where they rank among your list with the other items.

Thanks for reading me.

Thank you for a great gear guide berg. It has helped me alot

Hey, thanks for this awesome guide.
    I just noticed with patch 2.3 the Shapeshifter's Signet (Shapeshifter's Signet - Items - World of Warcraft) has been changed to include expertise.
    I thought this should be listed.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread