+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.4 Berg's Tank Gear Rankings (03/19/2008)

Berginyon, I'm going to copy this and start dividing it up by post in a separate forum to provide a formal guide for people. I'll show you how it looks once that's done.

coupla issues... one, why no blazefury? and two, isnt Belt of the Guardian top stam belt over Crimson Gridle?

I should have included Blazefury when I added T5 level gear. I still need to update a couple of the labels, thanks for pointing that one out.

I plan on redoing all the numbers when the next content comes out, maybe 2.2 if it introduces enough new gear. I'll shift the baseline gear to a full Kara level gearset. (I threw a Nethercleft on the pants I used for the baseline, of course that throws off all my numbers :-( )

For example, if you have the Gladiator's Shield Wall, then your defense cap is actually 473.
    Shouldn't this number actually be 471?

60 defense rating = 25 defense = 39.4 Resilience = 1% crit immune

31/39.4 = 0.78680203 * 25 = 19.6700508 Defense

I was doing the original 29 resilience shield, but I had that number wrong too. Updated.

I added item links to all gear but it doesn't appear that I can update the topic title to the updated date. Cider, can author's edit the topic title?

Great guide BTW, thanks for writing it, keeping it updated, and the mouse-over links are awesome, and safe for work

great guide, and thanks for the effort to put item links for everything. Must've taken forever. You should be able to edit the title though.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I love this post, such great work, thank you very much.

It's really helpful to see this in this format, it makes so much sense.

Appreciate the effort,
    Fubar

VERY informative post, thank you for all your hard work. This will be a great guideline for me and many alike for a while to come = )

There is another update in the works, I am adding the Hyjal and Black Temple gear, and updating the baseline gear set to a full Kara/T4. I've already done the numbers from the new instances, but it will take a while to go back through and re-calculate the other gear. (I've completed 6 of the pages so far.)

This is an outstanding guide, very synthetic and useful !

One question I have though is what about the blacksmithing improvement ? where do they stand compared to the other enchants ? (I'm thinking shield spike and steel weapon chain for instance)

Yggs

I have a weapon chain on [item]Grom'tor's Charge[/item] for the sole purpose of the 5 mans where the trash disarms, and for the single room in Karazhan with the Ethereal Thiefs. It is too much of a sacrifice to put it on your main weapon. As for shield spikes, I haven't done the math to see how much damage it would do in a boss fight. Given effective health gearing, its hard to take that one over +18 stamina regardless.

Not so much by choice, but I am currently using Triptych Shield of the Ancients, the pally shield that drops from the Chess Event.

I was carrying the Warrior Netherwing quest shield prior to this and I thought the 1200 armor increase from the Pally shield was better. I will be replacing this soon with the Sha'tar Exalted or Coldarra Shield, but where would the Triptych Shield rank on the Shield chart?

Added the Black Temple/Hyjal gear, updated to armory links where available.

Marleigh: Its a good upgrade over the Netherwing shield, I'd put it at 26210, so 1k shy of Crest of the Sha'tar. I don't want to start listing pally shields though especially since that is a healing shield.

Will be creating a sub-forum and webpage for this and the other gear guides ASAP.

* Updated with 2.2.2 changes *

good to see this being updated constantly, thanks for the hardwork berg

btw berg in the shoulder section i think you meant Onslaught Shoulderguards not shoulderblades for the #2 slot.

[item]Onslaught Shoulderguards[/item]

Can you add the new +20 AGI to the tank weapon enchant section? Better than Mongoose possibly?

Question: How did you get Myrmidon's Headress to calculate as MORE TP than Felsteel Helm? My numbers are as follows:

Myrmidon: (+9 sta gem; +18 sta/ +5% stun resist meta; +16 def/ +17 dodge enchant)
    = 291 points LESS than

Felsteel: (+9 sta; +9 sta; +4 str/ +6sta; +16 def/ +17 dodge enchant)
    = 291 points MORE than Myrmidon

+ Reply to Thread