+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.4 Berg's Tank Gear Rankings (03/19/2008)

2.4 Berg's Tank Gear Rankings (03/19/2008)

Berg's Tank Gear Rankings (Updated 3/19/2008 - wow version 2.4)

The definite source for this guide will now be maintained on Tankspot Berg's Tank Gear Rankings (3/19/2008 - wow 2.4) - Tankspot

I will continue to crosspost to the official wow forums, but Tankspot allows item link popups, advanced formating and I've never read someone type "L2PLAY". The itemstat popups really make the guide much more useful.

Yes its another warrior gear guide. Warriors are the most gear dependant class in the game, and we seem to have the most guides. This one is a quantitative analysis of physical mitigation/avoidance gear (tanking gear) based off the popular mod Tankpoints 2.6.8 by Whitetooth TankPoints | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com Tankpoints turns the various tanking stats such as stamina, armor and defense rating into a number that represents how long you can last without heals given a boss mob beating on you physically. This number represents your hitpoints given no physical damage reduction, for example: 10k hitpoints and 50% reduction equals 20k tankpoints.

Why do we need another tank gear guide?

I like having a gear guide and found Evergreen's pre-MC gear guide a must have for the lvl 60 days. But I prefer an objective quantitative analysis such as Cronedog's guides, but I just wish it was kept up to date more often :-) (Respect to both Warriors) This guide will be very similar to Cronedog's, with just some slight variations.

Table of Contents:
    Intro http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38102
    GEMS http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38103
    Weapons http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...tmll#post38104
    Weapons pt 2 http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38105
    Shields http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38106
    Ranged http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38107
    Bracers http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38109
    Belt http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38110
    Gauntlets http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38111
    Shoulders http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38112
    Boots http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38113
    Chest http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38114
    Helm http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38115
    Legs http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38116
    Back http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38117
    Neck http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38118
    Rings http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38120
    Trinkets http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3...html#post38121

Update log:

05/08/2007 - initial version created. This is a first draft, so if you see incorrect links or badly done values, let me know
    05/10/2007 - added in gem set bonuses where an item has all blue, added Goblin Rocket Launcher to trinkets.
    05/22/2007 - Updated all gear for patch 2.1 - massive updates, and I will make extra 2.1 commentary in the sections to highlight changes
    05/31/2007 - New items: The Fel Barrier, Gauntlets of Dissension, Spaulders of Dementia, Yor's Revenge, A'dal's Signet of Defense, Darkmoon Card: Vengeance, Darkmoon Card: Madness, Violet Badge
    06/19/2007 - The Boomstick, Merciless Gladiator set, new Honor veteran items
    07/05/2007 - Added SSC and the Eye
    07/13/2007 - Added forgotten item: Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen
    08/23/2007 - Added item links (Tankspot version)
    08/28/2007 - Added Black Temple and Hyjal (All items as of 2.1 now complete!), switched to Armory links where available
    10/02/2007 - Patch 2.2 - Pepe's Shroud of Pacification, new Jewelcrafter only gems, updated the DPS of the 2 SSC weapons
    10/17/2007 - Patch 2.3 - Zul'Aman and new badge reward preview
    11/16/2007 - Finalized 2.3 items added S3 Arena gear, Spinesever, and Glove Reinforcements
    01/09/2008 - Patch 2.3.2 Spinesever nerf, forgotten items: Gladiator ranged, Heartrazor. Fixed Praetorian legs.
    02/10/2008 - Patch 2.4 Preview (ongoing updates until live patch last update 3/19)
    09/29/2008 - In progress of fixing entire thread ~Kazeyonoma

Stats:

Most gear guides give a breakdown of stats. I figure that information is already given elsewhere, I'll just state some info that is less commonly available:

1 Stamina > 10 hitpoints. Stamina is affected by Blessing of Kings and the warrior talent Vitality.

1 Strength > 2 Attack Power. Strength is affected by Blessing of Kings and the warrior talent Vitality. We are also the only class that benefits the most from Strength, so items that stack it heavily are made for warriors and you don't have to fight over the roll. 20 Strength also gives you 1 Block Value.

+Block Value (not rating) increases the amount of damage reduced during a shield block and the +Block value is added onto Shield Slam damage so it is also an aggro stat. Shield Slam is one of the few moves that scale with gear, so stacking +Block is important. Assuming you Shield Slam every 6 seconds (also no mob armor and shield mastery), 4.6 Block = 1 DPS. Personally, I keep all gear with +Block just so I have a set of gear that can put out some ridiculous shield slam crits.

Resilience will count as 0 tankpoints in all items that have it in this guide since the baseline is always over the 490 defense mark, but it does have a useful benefit. If you are trading off some tanking gear for aggro generating gear, you usually try to remain crit-immune. If some of your gear has resilience, the defense cap is actually lowered. For example, if you have the Gladiator's Shield Wall, then your defense cap is actually 472.

Items with gem slots have a lot of flexibility. 3 gem slots could add 36 Stamina to an item, or +1.5% to hit. When you get a mitigation upgrade and replace a socketed item, often the right gems can turn your replaced gear into an excellent aggro piece.

Expertise is the 2.3 replacement of weapon skills and is now the top tank aggro stat along with giving burst damage avoidance. This stat reduces the mobs chance to dodge and parry. This is a HUGE stat for tanks, and in patch 2.3 we can now gear to maximize it. First of all mob parries are tank killers. Back to back parries along with a special attack are those rare events where your health goes from full to empty in 2 seconds. Expertise is a avoidance stat in that it reduces those parries. If you are a big fan of Effective Health gearing and evening out damage received to make healing easier, then reducing mob parries is one of the best ways to get rid of those damage spikes. But not only does expertise prevent parries, it is also an overpowered aggro stat. 5 Expertise skill gives you the equivalent to 2.5% +hit (-1.25% mob dodge and -1.25% mob parry) and it will stack along with all your +hit gear.

+hit is the #2 aggro generating stat for tanks and is capped at 9.0% for a pve skull boss. Generally any time I choose aggro gear over mitigation gear it will be a piece with +hit on it. On the gear below I will note any piece that has +hit because it is that important.

Strength/Attack Power will increase your white damage, Revenge and Devastate damage only (and shield slam damage in a tiny amount). All other abilities do not scale with attack power.

Agility is a magical stat that increases both your damage reduction and your crit rating. 30 Agility = +60 Armor +1% Dodge +.91% Crit and crit will affect both your white damage and your special ability damage (because it can crit). Stacking agility for aggro usually doesn't have as much defensive opportunity cost as the other stats. I will rank +crit last since stacking Agility is usually a better way to get crit and the items that carry it often are not made for tanks.

Haste rating will increase your swing timer but not the global cooldown, so a 2% haste buff will make a 1.8 speed weapon hit every 1.78 seconds. This only affects white damage and Heroic Strikes, not Shield Slams and all other tanking abilities. Not worth stacking for aggro and few tank items have it.

Armor Penetration reduces the mitigation of the mob and stacks with Sunder. This will affect both white damage and special moves so it is a better tanking aggro stat than haste but is more beneficial to use it on mobs with low armor. For Example, Void Reaver has a 50% mitigation and 10700 armor, and Shade of Aran has 26.5% mitigation and 3800 armor. Sunder will take away 2600 armor leaving their mitigation at 43.1% and 9.4% respectively (ALWAYS keep that stack sunders up on bosses). 100 Armor penetration will give .3% DPS increase on Void Reaver and .8% DPS increase on Shade of Aran. Armor penetration gives more benefit the lower you can bring the mobs armor, so it is something you need to stack alot of to gain efficiency. So adding armor penetration is really only of penefit if you've already met the 8.6% hit cap and you are fighting a soft boss.

Aggro generating stats:

1.) Expertise
    2.) Hit
    3.) Block Value
    4.) Agility
    5.) Strength
    6.) Crit

Gearing Strategy

To understand how to gear yourself you first need to understand Effective Health Theory and how to gear for progression raiding:

Effective Health Theory - TheorySpot

Then understand the different roles/situations you will be tanking in. Understand when you need to gear for aggro and what to do to tank magic damage. Read Ciderhelm's Fortification guide for that:

TheorySpot - Fortifications Guide

Now, hopefully you understand the key concepts of those excellent guides as related to gearing. Tankpoints and this guide focuses on balance.

Tankpoints gives you an effective hitpoint number similar to Effective Health Theory, except that it also counts in avoidance. Without going into pages upon pages of formulas, the value of health, mitigation and avoidance upgrades change in relationship to each other as the values increase. Given the current itemization and what warriors will experience with upgrades: mitigation/armor scales tankpoints linearly, stamina/health scales tankpoints with diminishing returns and avoidance scales tankpoints with increasing returns. A tank in dungeon blues will have 1 stamina > 1 agility > 1 defense rating, but a tank in full Kara gear will have 1 stamina < 1 agility < 1 defense rating. Maybe I'll produce graphs someday, but the point is you can't use a simple point weighting system to determine the best upgrade, and the helpful mod Tankpoints will do this math for you.

But no matter how much avoidance you have you will encounter a streak of bad luck where avoidance fails you for 3-6 hits in a row and you need to survive this. We need to choose gear that gives us the most tanking stats, but also keeps effective health as a top priority. So as a general rule, keep trying to accumulate items with higher tankpoints. Tankpoints value balance and favors items that improve your capabilities the most overall. If two items are close in value, go with the one with more stamina as a tiebreaker. Your Effective Health is most easily increased through the use of stamina gems and stamina enchants. Always favor effective health theory in this area (thou shall not socket dodge/parry gems).

Reducing physical damage is only a small part of proper tank gearing. In a magic-based fight, stamina is the only stat that matters (and sometimes the various magical resistances). If you ever have two relatively equal gear pieces, always go with the one that has the most stamina, and just for a quick reference, I will always list the stamina of every item.

Generating aggro is often more important in fights than physical mitigation. I almost never wear gear that equals my maximum possible tank points. The more damage you mitigate the less rage you have, and the less you can spam your aggro generating moves. The ideal tanking gear for a situation is the weakest damage reduction you can wear so that your healers can reliably keep you up. In some of the slots, I will list some aggro generating gear and give you an idea of how much damage reduction you are sacrificing.

Measurement conditions:

The tankpoints calculated in this ranking use a baseline lvl 70 protection warrior in lvl 70 tank gear fighting a lvl 73 skull boss that hits for 7480 damage before damage reduction swinging at 2.0 speed. This is an important baseline to use due to the 490 defense elimination of critical hits. If there are no critical hits, resilience has no value in calculations, the value of defense does not include crit reduction anymore. The baseline warrior is Berginyon of Aegwynn's baseline gear Kara/T4 level epics gemed for effective health including enchants. I use my gear so that I can easily calculate tankpoints on other items more quickly, and I will keep this gear set for future calculations. Keeping this guide up-to-date with Blizzards additions, buffs and nerfs is what will make it a useful reference. I don't claim to have the greatest gear, but I'm sure the "l2play" geniuses will have fun critiquing it regardless.

My base stats in my baseline gear:

15.5k health
    16.5k armor
    81.25% total damage reduction
    38k effective health

(Note: I have changed the baseline I use to rank gear to a set of full-Kara/T4 level gear. This gear reprepresents an 8k effective health upgrade over the old baseline even though my total damage reduction is about the same. This should more closely represent the stats of raiding warriors since effective health doesn't change all that much over the tiers.)

To do each calculation, I'll compare the item to an empty slot in that position while in defensive stance, but with all the other gear. This means there is a slightly different baseline for each gear slot, so 1000 tankpoints in a bracer slot is not exactly the same as 1000 tankpoints in a shield slot but should be pretty close. But within a single gear slot, all values should be relatively comparable. If your gear varies greatly from the stats listed above, the tankpoints numbers in this guide do not apply to you. It can still be a helpful reference on gear, but you might want to download the mod and see what stats it thinks you need to prioritize.

Since people that use gear guides are typically looking to max out their gear, all gem slots count as the best Effective Health readily available gem (Solid Star of Elune). Red, Yellow and Blue slots are all counted as a +12 Stamina gem. A meta gem counts as a +18 Stamina gem for Powerful Earthstorm Diamond.

I don't count set bonuses or procs. Too hard to measure, but I'll asterisk the item and note when it has bonus features.

I'll list the tank points in a value like TP:6387(4854 base). In this example the item has 4854 tank points unsocketed, 6387 loaded with Stamina gems.

This guide will include all BC 5 man dungeons, BC heroic mode dungeons, PVP gear, crafted items, and raid encounters. In some slots I will list the best lvl 60 items, or best quest rewards if they are exceptional, but don't consider it comprehensive.

Disclaimer:

As I mention above, Tankpoints measures physical reduction/survivability ONLY. Don't treat this as the ultimate guide to tank gearing, just a quantitative analysis of one aspect of tanking. (Half the people that respond to this thread don't read that line :-) )

Ignore tankpoint differences or 300 or less. You can consider these pieces equivalent, and can focus on stacking whatever stats are important to a fight. The gain is negligible and since defense only increases when your defense skill goes up by 1, sometimes 2 defense rating points won't even register since it takes 2.4 rating points to increase the skill.

Proper tank gearing is both situational (it depends on what your are tanking) and contextual (each gear choice is dependant on your spec and what your other gear choices are). There will never be a guide that applies to all situations, but hopefully I provide enough information for this to be a useful resource.

Patch 2.3 Commentary

Devastate now applies Sunder armor so you no longer have to stack them then switch over, and Devastate now benefits from Improved Sunder and you can do it for 9 rage. I used a non-devastate dagger build through most of Kara, but the benefits and rage efficency of devastate now make that build hard to justify.

All tanks got +6 Expertise as a bonus on Defiance. That +6 expertise gives the equivalent of +3% hit as -1.5% mob dodge reduction and -1.5% mob parry reduction.

Expertise is now the top tank aggro stat. 1 Expertise skill gives you -.25% mob dodge and -.25% mob parry. Back-to-Back boss parries along with a special attack are those rare events that instantly kill you and you are left wondering WTF? Expertise is an avoidance stat in that it is the only way to reduce those killer parries in addition to being a completely overpowered tank aggro stat. 2.3 gives us two new Expertise items available as Heroic Badge rewards: [item]Brooch of Deftness[/item] (48STA, 22hit, 21Expertise [5.38 skill] ) and [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item] (703AC, 45STA, 23Def, 22Expertise [5.64 skill]). Not only are these a must have for any aggro gearset, I would use them on almost any fight for the parry reduction.

If you get enough items from Zul'Aman and heroic badges, you might have problems meeting the Defense cap of 490. Creative uses of gems, socket bonuses and resilience will help you hit the mark. This will be something you have to manage instead of taking it for granted in the tiered sets.

There are quite a few items that could be used to attain passive uncrushability in this patch. As long as you don't stack too much dodge, you should be able to generate enough rage to make it work using the rage you would have spent on shield block on aggro.

Patch 2.4 Commentary

Lots of fun new stuff in this patch. WARNING: this is a preview, the stats could change. I will try to update as we discover more items and learn where they come from.

This is the last major content patch before an expansion, and like the patch before BC, it gives many opportunities to get geared up. Heroic Badges are now flowing from all raid bosses and even flow from dailies making all badge loot easily attainable. They also added some T6 equivalent items in the chest, legs, belt and ring slots. So bascially you can do some dailies where you kill some non-elite mobs for a week and you get a chest that is just as good as the one that drops off Illidan. :-) Some people are offended by this, but I play for the challenge of learning and executing new fights and to see cool new stuff. The game is not about playing dress me up barbie. I know, a little hypocritical coming from a guide to playing dress up, but I publish this to better prepare you to defeat tougher fights.

Tier 6 Onslaught has been expanded to an 8 piece set. No new bonuses have been added, but its now easier to use some of the other non-set high end items and still get your bonuses. The 3 new pieces (bracers, belt,boots) are all really sweet and best in class.

There is a new enchant that will become important to tanking (as long as it stacks with thunderclap) Deathfrost. It applies a 15% slow for 4 seconds on a proc along with 150 damage. It will be important to learn the proc rate of this enchant.

Expertise: 5 new slots now have an Expertise item available so everyone should be able to hit the soft cap of 23 Expertise Skill to remove dodges from the combat table. Likely, many tanks will be able to make a parry hit extremely rare if not hit the hard cap (currently assumed to be different per boss). Stacking Expertise past the soft dodge cap has more value than stacking +hit, and now it is possible to really stack it!

New crafted items: There is a new tanking meta gem that gives 12 Defense and +10% to shield Block Value. A bonus that scales with your gear is huge and this is a must have. The engineering googles are now upgradable, and you will want to upgrade them unless you have the helm of Illidan. Hopefully you didn't disenchant them :-( There are a couple new blacksmithing and JC patterns that won't really come into play unless you are just starting out tanking.

Many of the new items are not only the best in class as far as damage reduction, they also stack an aggro stat as a bonus. For example, Felstrength Legplates are equivalent to T6 in damage reduction, and they stack 40 Expertise Rating! Breastplate of Agony's Aversion is best in class and has 40 Haste.

There are quite a few Protection Pally items in this patch that would appeal to a Warrior, don't be afraid to take it if you don't have a dedicated tanking pally. Often the pieces are pretty close to warrior T6 in stats.

There is a new trinket that has 57 stamina and had a godly tank saving proc of 20% dodge that was recently nerfed to 8%. But even if there was no proc, I'd still wear it just for the 57 Stamina.

2/22: Removing the stam bumped the DPS Onslaught off the list
    3/19: Updated the armor values, fixed some errata, changed meta to Eternal
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-29-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Intro continued and Gems

GEMS

The tankpoints generated here are for relative comparison between stones. I'll list them all here in case there is an attractive color bonus. 90% of your gem slots should be Solid Star of Elune (if you are pre-BT) regardless of socket color, and all socketted items assume they are filled with Solid Star of Elune.

If you have dungeon blues and/or half Kara gear, 12 Stamina will give you more tankpoints than 8 Dodge. The current baseline is full Kara gear so Tankpoints on +8 dodge is greater than on the stamina. DO NOT sacrifice your Effective Health for avoidance! Gemming for stamina is a critical part of progression gearing.

If you are a JC, it would be worth socketing the new 18 Stamina, 12 Defense and 24 AP gems (in an aggro item) since they just give such a nice stat benefit.

Top gems per socket type/color:

Meta

[item]Eternal Earthstorm Diamond[/item] (12Def, 10%Block) TP:2423 *best crafted meta*

This is now the one and only tanking meta gem. On my baseline gear the +10% to block value gives 1428 TP, but on my current gearset of T5/BT gear it gives 2088. YES, finally an item that scales with the quality of your gear! +10% Block Value increases both mitigation and aggro, and I assume this will stack with Shield Mastery multicatively for a total 43% bonus.

[item]Powerful Earthstorm Diamond[/item] (18 STA) TP:1028
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted)
    * bonus: 5% stun resist

[item]Tenacious Earthstorm Diamond[/item] (12 DEF) TP:995
    * bonus: health on hit

Red

[item]Subtle Crimson Spinel[/item] (red, +10 dodge) TP:860

[item]Regal Tanzanite[/item] (purple, +5 dodge, +6 STA) TP:754
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Shadow Labs - Murmur)

[item]Stalwart Fire Opal[/item] (orange +5 DEF, +4 dodge) TP:740
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Sethekk Halls - Talon King Ikiss)

[item]Flashing Crimson Spinel[/item] (red, +10 parry) TP:687

[item]Subtle Living Ruby[/item] (red, +8 dodge) TP:687 *best crafted red*

[item]Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst[/item] (purple, +5 AGI, +7 STA) TP:682

[item]Defender's Tanzanite[/item] (purple, +5 parry, +6 STA) TP:668
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mechanar - Pathaleon)

[item]Glistening Fire Opal[/item] (orange, +5DEF, +4 AGI) TP:639
    The World of Warcraft Armory

[item]Shifting Nightseye[/item] (purple, +4 AGI, +6 STA) TP:567

[item]Flashing Living Ruby[/item] (red, +8 parry) TP:548

Yellow

[item]Facet of Eternity[/item] (yellow +12 Defense) TP:995
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Jewelcrafter only)

[item]Thick Lionseye[/item] (yellow +10 Defense) TP:794

[item]Enduring Seaspray Emerald[/item] (green, +5 DEF, +7 STA) TP:776

[item]Stalwart Fire Opal[/item] (orange +5 DEF, +4 dodge) TP:740

[item]Enduring Chrysoprase[/item] (green, +6 STA, +5 DEF) TP:721
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Hillsbrad - Epoch Hunter)

[item]Glistening Fire Opal[/item] (orange, +5DEF, +4 AGI) TP:639

[item]Thick Dawnstone[/item] (yellow +8 Defense) TP:594 *best crafted yellow*

[item]Enduring Talasite[/item] (green, +4 DEF, +6 STA) TP:523

[item]Glimmering Fire Opal[/item] (orange, +4DEF, +5 parry) TP:541
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Black Morass - Aeonus)

Blue
    [item]Falling Star[/item] (blue, +18STA) TP:1028
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Jewelcrafter only)

[item]Charmed Amani Jewel[/item] (blue, +15 STA) TP:811
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman quest)

[item]Solid Empyrean Sapphire[/item] (blue, +15 STA) TP:811

[item]Regal Tanzanite[/item] (purple, +5 dodge, +6 STA) TP:754
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Shadow Labs - Murmur)

[item]Enduring Chrysoprase[/item] (green, +6 STA, +5 DEF) TP:721
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Hillsbrad - Epoch Hunter)

[item]Defender's Tanzanite[/item] (purple, +5 parry, +6 STA) TP:668
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mechanar - Pathaleon)

[item]Solid Star of Elune[/item] (blue, +12 STA) TP:649 *best crafted blue*

[item]Shifting Nightseye[/item] (purple, +4 AGI, +6 STA) TP:567

[item]Enduring Talasite[/item] (green, +4 DEF, +6 STA) TP:523
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 10-11-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Weapons

Typically tanks favor fast high DPS weapons. When you are tanking in a raid instance, you will usually generate rage faster than you can spend it using the global 1.5 sec cooldown. If rage builds up to 100 it means opportunities to generate aggro is being lost because the rage cannot be spent fast enough. Heroic Strike can be used outside of the global cooldown and it will occur on your next melee attack, so a 2.0 speed weapon can Heroic Strike every 2 seconds. Heroic Strike lets a tank dump excess rage and gives 220 bonus threat and 176 bonus damage. Therefore, in an infinite rage situation, weapon speed allows the Heroic Strike bonus to occur more often and provides for a significant threat per second bonus.

2.6 speed weapon = 152.3 threat/sec bonus from Heroic Strike spamming
    2.4 = 165
    2.2 = 180
    2.0 = 198
    1.8 = 220
    1.7 = 232.9
    1.6 = 247.5
    1.5 = 267
    1.4 = 282.9
    1.3 = 304.6

So the difference between a 2.6 speed weapon and a 1.4 speed weapon is 130.6 threat/sec, and that is a substantial amount. Have a priest friend watch your rage bar during a boss fight and if he sees it stay full frequently and assuming you are not playing badly, then it means you need a faster weapon. Personally, I won't take a weapon above 1.8 speed.

Aside from speed, choosing a tanking weapons can be a rather complicated process. First of all you will likely carry a mitigation weapon and an aggro weapon. In 90% of the fights, you should be using an aggro weapon. What determines a good aggro weapon actually depends on your spec and playstyle. If you are a Devastate protection warrior, you shouldn't use daggers. Instant attacks were normalized with attack power in the 1.8 patch, and a dagger has a harsher normalization factor. The 2.3 patch introduced a 9 rage Devastate that also stacks a sunder making it too good to pass up so an Impale Dagger build is viable, but less attractive. If you are spec'd with Improved Heroic Strike and can do it for 9 rage, weapon speed becomes the most important stat above all others, because Heroic Strike becomes more rage efficient than Sunder Armor and you will do it continuously during the fight. Devastate will do slightly more damage with a slower weapon, but the benefit to Heroic Strike far outweighs the normalized loss to Devastate.

Mitigation weapons

A mitigation weapon should give you some bonus tankpoints, but it should not nerf your aggro generation. People tend to be over-concerned with mitigation stats on tank weapons. [item]Spineshatter[/item] has lots of tank stats but was an AWFUL tanking weapon. A 2.6 speed weapon back in the lvl 60 days had no purpose being in a tank's hands. Your mitigation weapon will be used in fights such as High King Maulgar. Since you get such a head start on him, no one is going to pull aggro, so putting max tank points on improves your survivability.

Entry level raiding: Grom'tor's charge is a weapon that everyone should start out with. Sun Eater is easily attainable after that with enough Heroic Mech runs, and will be the top mitigation weapon until Black Temple. Any of the fast weapons with +hit could easily be an all-purpose weapon, and King's Defender is the best mitigation+aggro weapon and I doubt you will have much use for Sun Eater after you pull it from Kara. Blade of the Unrequited is a dagger but with 3 stamina gems it would give 46STA which is crazy for a weapon slot. If no rogues need it, take it.

Tier 5 raiding: Your only upgrade is Mallet of the Tides. You gain some dps and trade weapon skill for +hit (which is a good trade).

Tier 6 raiding: The top mitigation weapon is a sword out of Hyjal, but I would favor the Brutalizer's weapon skill over the added mitigation stats since I am non-human. Brutalizer is not an upgrade for a human tank over the Mallet do to the loss of the racial.

Patch 2.3 comments: Mallet of the Tides and the BT weapons are still superior to all the new weapons. The new cleaver gives both a tanking bonus and an aggro bonus over King's Defender.

1. [item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] 100.3dps 1.6 Sword 33STA TP:4686
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Anetheron - Hyjal)

2. [item]The Sun Eater[/item] 83.4dps 1.6 Sword 22STA TP:3995
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mechanar - Pathaleon the Calculator)

3. [item]Cleaver of the Unforgiving[/item] 98.3dps, 1.7 axe 31STA +0.8%hit TP:3690(3031 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Zul'jin)
    * 1 gem slot

4. [item]Umbral Shiv[/item] 95.6dps, 1.8 dagger 30STA +0.8%hit TP:3644(2346 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - timed event)
    * 2 gem slots (NOTE this is a Dagger)

5. [item]The Brutalizer[/item] 100.3dps 1.6 Axe 33STA TP:3548
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Supremus - Black Temple)

6. [item]King's Defender[/item] 87.5dps 1.6 Sword 28STA +1.1%hit TP:3352
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Chess Event)

7. [item]Grom'tor's Charge[/item] 67.2dps 1.6 Axe 30STA TP:3020
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadowmoon quest)

8. [item]Messenger of Fate[/item] 100.4dps 1.4 Dagger 31STA TP:2996
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Gurtogg Bloodboil - Black Temple)
    * (NOTE this is a Dagger)

9. [item]Mallet of the Tides[/item] 33STA 96.8dps 1.7 Mace TP:2957
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - The Lurker Below)

10. [item]Heartrazor[/item] 30STA 96.4dps 1.8 Dagger TP:2813
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye- Solarian)
    * proc (NOTE this is a Dagger)

11. [item]Blazefury[/item] 97.5dps 1.6 Sword 28STA +1.1%hit TP:2655
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted master swordsmith)

12. [item]Blade of the Unrequited[/item] 87.5dps 1.6 Dagger 13STA+ *top stamina* TP:2635(688 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - opera Romeo)
    * 3 gem slots (NOTE this is a Dagger)

13. [item]Retainer's Blade[/item] 81.0dps 1.5 Dagger 21STA TP:2458
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Scryers Exaulted)
    * (NOTE this is a Dagger)

14. [item]Blazeguard[/item] 91.2dps 1.6 Sword 25STA +1.1%hit TP:2375

[item]Inuuro's Blade[/item] 71.8dps, 1.4 Axe, (21STA, 11Expertise, 8Hit, 13Def) TP:2320
    (Shattered Sun - Revered)

15. [item]Warp-Storm Warblade[/item] 71.8dps 1.7 Sword 21STA +1.0%hit TP:2313
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mana Tombs - Nexus-Prince Shaffar)

15. [item]Fireguard[/item] 84.4dps 1.6 Sword 23STA +1.0%hit TP:2209

16. [item]Truncheon of Five Hells[/item] 71.7dps 1.8 Mace 19STA +0.9%hit TP:2206
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Ramparts - Omar)

17. [item]Warbringer[/item]/[item]Honor's Call[/item] 81.1dps 1.8 Axe/Sword 13STA +0.5%hit TP:2024
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Honor's Hold Exaulted)

[item]Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade[/item] 108dps, 1.5 Sword, (36STA, 25Expertise, 25Haste) TP:2010
    (Sunwell Plateau - Kalecgos)

Aggro weapons

For these weapons you can ignore mitigation stats and just go for aggro stats, the most important being speed+dps. I will list daggers separately for those without Devastate.

Tankpoints is an great objective tool for analyzing tanking stats, but there really isn't one for aggro/dps. Attack power/Strength can be converted to DPS in a straight formula, but hit/crit depends on all your other stats. Any of the above mitigation weapons that have +hit on them are suitable all-purpose weapons.

Entry level: Most options depend on a non-devastate build w/ a Dagger, or having a profession such as Blacksmithing. Go for speed and DPS.

Tier 5 comments: SSC and the Eye have weapons with +expertise on them, the top tanking aggro stat.

Tier 6 comments: I would fight the rogues for Blade of Savagery. A 100dps 1.4 speed sword with 1% hit on it makes it the top aggro weapon, but all those rogues and fury warriors are going to want it for their offhand.

Patch 2.3 comments: Mallet of the Tides and the BT weapons are still superior to all the new weapons. But they do offer a nice aggro bonus over King's Defender.

1.4 speed

[item]Blade of Savagery[/item] 100.4dps 1.4 Sword 19STA +1.0%hit TP:1058
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mother Shahraz - Black Temple)

[item]Latro's Shifting Sword[/item] 71.8dps 1.4 Sword TP:866
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Morass - Aeonus)

1.5 speed

[item]Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade[/item] 108dps, 1.5 Sword, (36STA, 25Expertise, 25Haste) TP:2010

[item]Swiftsteel Bludgeon[/item] 100.3dps 1.5 Mace +1.2%hit TP:0
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Temple trash)
    * 27 haste rating

[item]Akil'zon's Talonblade[/item] 95.7dps, 1.5 sword 25STA TP:1375
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Akil'zon)

[item]Quickening Blade of the Prince[/item] 92dps, 1.5 sword, (27STA, 38AP, 126ArmorPen) TP:1481
    (Heroic Magister's Terrace - Kael'thas)

[item]Blackout Truncheon[/item] 69.7dps 1.5 Mace 0STA+ TP: 1298(0 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadow Labs - Grandmaster Vorpil)
    * 2 gem slots, haste proc

1.6 speed

[item]The Brutalizer[/item] 100.3dps 1.6 Axe 33STA TP:3548

[item]The Unbreakable Will[/item] 100.3dps 1.6 Sword 33STA TP:4686
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Anetheron - Hyjal)

[item]Blazefury[/item] 97.5dps 1.6 Sword 28STA +1.1%hit TP:2655

[item]Blazeguard[/item] 91.2dps 1.6 Sword 25STA +1.1%hit TP:2375

[item]King's Defender[/item] 87.5dps 1.6 Sword 28STA +1.1%hit TP:3352

[item]Fireguard[/item] 84.4dps 1.6 Sword 23STA +1.0%hit TP:2209

1.7 speed

[item]Cleaver of the Unforgiving[/item] 98.3dps, 1.7 axe 31STA +0.8%hit TP:3690(3031 base)
    * 1 gem slot

[item]Mallet of the Tides[/item] 33STA 96.8dps 1.7 Mace TP:2957

[item]Warp-Storm Warblade[/item] 71.8dps 1.7 Sword 21STA +1.0%hit TP:2313
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mana Tombs - Nexus-Prince Shaffar)

[item]Bogreaver[/item] 71.8dps 1.7 Axe 15STA TP:793
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Underbog - Swamplord Musel'ek)

1.8 speed

[item]Grand Marshal's Bonecracker[/item] 71.7dps 1.8 Mace 18STA TP:952
    The World of Warcraft Armory (22500 Honor, 20 Eye Marks)

[item]Grand Marshal's Hacker[/item] 71.7dps 1.8 Axe 18STA TP:952

[item]Grand Marshal's Quickblade[/item] 71.7dps 1.8 Sword 18STA TP:952

[item]Truncheon of Five Hells[/item] 71.7dps 1.8 Mace 19STA +0.9%hit TP:2206
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-29-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Weapons continued

Daggers (Weapons Continued)

Rogue weapons always have aggro stats on them. When I was a non-Devastate warrior, I had Dirge crafted as soon as I could (the other tank weapons haven't dropped for me yet so it turned out to be a great investment). I can frequently hold 1k threat/sec on Gruul trash with Dirge (Gruul trash hits hard and provides infinite rage, but doesn't do glancing blows). I wont rank these daggers, but I'd like to point out a couple: Dirge its crafted, has high dps and 1.4 speed. And Warp Splinter's Thorn which has an ideal set of tank aggro stats, 71.5dps and 1.3 speed, fastest weapon in the game. I would use one of the 1.6 speed mitigation swords above before I'd use a 1.8 speed dagger, but I listed them here anyway.

Entry level raiding: Have Dirge crafted, or get Warp Splinter's Thorn.

Tier 5 raiding: I don't like anything at this level, let the rogues have them. You will probably have a Devastate/Improved Defensive Stance/Vitality build for SSC and will be using either King's Defender or Mallet of the Tides.

Tier 6 raiding: Messenger of Fate is a great weapon even has a healthy share of mitigation stats, but I would prefer Blade of Savagery.

1.3 speed

[item]Edge of Oppression[/item] 87.3dps 1.3 Dagger (25STA 17Haste, 36AP) TP:1375
    (Heroic Magister's Terrace - ???)

[item]Warp Splinter's Thorn[/item] 71.5dps 1.3 Dagger 13STA +1.0%hit TP:1620 *fastest mainhand weapon*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Botanica - Warp Splinter)

1.4 speed

[item]Messenger of Fate[/item] 100.4dps 1.4 Dagger 31STA TP:2996

[item]Feltooth Eviscerator[/item] 85.4dps 1.4 Dagger TP:0
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Ramparts - Vazruden's chest)

[item]Dirge[/item] 83.2dps 1.4 Dagger TP:0

[item]Timeslicer[/item] 71.8dps 1.4 Dagger 13STA TP:688
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Old Hillsbrad - Epoch Hunter)

[item]Twinblade of Mastery[/item] 71.8dps 1.4 Dagger 12STA TP:635
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mana Tombs - Pandemonius)

[item]Grand Marshal's Shiv[/item] 71.8dps 1.4 Dagger 18STA TP:952

1.5 speed

[item]Tracker's Blade[/item] 100.3dps 1.5 Dagger +1.3%hit TP:0
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Rage Winterchill - Hyjal)

[item]Prowler's Strikeblade[/item] 95.7dps, 1.5 dagger 30STA TP:1640
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Hex Lord Malacrass)

[item]Retainer's Blade[/item] 81.0dps 1.5 Dagger 21STA TP:2458
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Scryers Exaulted)

1.6 speed

[item]Blade of the Unrequited[/item] 87.5dps 1.6 Dagger 13STA+ TP:2635(688 base) *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - opera Romeo)
    * 3 gem slots

[item]Guile of Khoraazi[/item] 81.2dps 1.6 Dagger TP:1100
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Consortium Exaulted)

1.8 speed

[item]Boundless Agony[/item] 100.3dps 1.8 Dagger TP:0
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Azgalor - Hyjal)

[item]Fang of Vashj[/item] 19STA 100.3dps 1.8 speed TP:1058
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - Lady Vashj)

[item]Merciless Gladiator's Shanker[/item] 97.5dps 1.8 Dagger 27STA +0.6%hit TP:1481
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Arena)

[item]Umbral Shiv[/item] 95.6dps, 1.8 dagger 30STA+ +0.8%hit TP:3644(2346 base)
    * 2 gem slots

[item]Dagger of Bad Mojo[/item] 95.6dps, 1.8 dagger TP:1217
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Hex Lord Malacrass)

[item]Gladiator's Shanker[/item] 91.1dps 1.8 Dagger 21STA +0.5%hit TP:1164

[item]Malchazeen[/item] 91.9dps 1.8 Dagger 16STA +1.0%hit TP:846
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Prince)

[item]Emerald Ripper[/item] 87.5dps 1.8 Dagger 18STA TP:2065
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Moroes)

[item]Terror Flame Dagger[/item] 71.7dps 1.8 Dagger 15STA +0.9%hit TP:793

[item]Grand Marshal's Shanker[/item] 71.7dps 1.8 Dagger 18STA TP:952

Items worth noting:

[item]Riftmaker[/item] 81.4dps 1.8 Dagger TP:0
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Keepers of Time Exaulted)
    * proc does not stack with Thunderclap

[item]The Night Blade[/item] 81.4dps 1.8 Dagger TP:0
    The World of Warcraft Armory (BOE epic)
    * awesome proc was nerfed to useless

Weapon enchants

Crusader was the default tanking enchant in the lvl 60 days, but there really isn't a dominant one at lvl 70. Mongoose is probably the current favorite, it procs often and its proc increases both aggro and avoidance. Battlemaster doesn't proc enough and the healing it does in insignificant in both generating aggro and healing your party. Since tanks favor fast weapons, Major Striking adds 5 dps to a 1.4 speed weapon and that is significant.

[item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility[/item] (+20AGI) TP:1221
    Thottbot World of Warcraft: Formula: Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility

[item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Agility[/item] (+15AGI) TP:913

[item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mongoose[/item] 120AGI when proc'd TP:7818
    Enchant Weapon - Mongoose - Spells - World of Warcraft

[item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Potency[/item] (+20STR) TP:27
    Enchant Weapon - Potency - Spells - World of Warcraft

[item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Battlemaster[/item] (healing proc) TP:0
    Enchant Weapon - Battlemaster - Spells - World of Warcraft

[item]Formula: Enchant Weapon - Major Striking[/item] (+7 dmg) TP:0 * new in 2.1*
    Enchant Weapon - Major Striking - Spells - World of Warcraft

[item]Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost[/item]
    * proc for 150 Frost damage and 15% slow

If this stacks with improved Thunderclap this will be a must have for raiding, but the main tank is not necessarily the best person to have this enchant. I'm guessing this will become the must have for offtanks and hopefully it is a high enough proc rate to where we can convince the DPS warriors and rogues to put it on a weapon.

Shields

Shields

Entry-level raiding: If you have a dungeon blue shield, spending your arena points on the gladiator shield gives you a 6-8k tank point upgrade and 6-8k is probably more stats than you get from both of your rings. Getting an epic shield is probably one of the biggest upgrades you can do, and if you get the Merciless shield, you won't be trading it out for months.

Tier 5 raiding: Resilience gives 0 points, but it still reduces your defense cap to let you put more aggro or resistance gear on. If you have the Gladiator Shield Wall, your defense cap is 472 instead of 490 to be uncrittable (471 for Merciless), and that is a nice bonus when trying to stack resistance gear for Hydross and still trying to be uncritable.

Tier 6 raiding: The upgrade path is pretty linear, Illidan has the best one to help you farm him for the rest of the guild.

Patch 2.3: The new Shield Wall has an 1875 personal rating required to buy it. I guess I can't get it by loosing 10 matches anymore. The Bulwark is a nice upgrade over Gruul's shield / Merciless shield and has 46 more +Block to make up for the aggro loss in hit.

[item]Sword Breaker's Bulwark[/item] (6336Armor, 221Block, 49STA, 20Def, 16BlockRating) TP:39339(38690 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - Felmyst)
    * 1 gem slot

1. [item]Bulwark of Azzinoth[/item] 60STA TP:37900 *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Illidan Stormrage - Black Temple)

2. [item]Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart[/item] 43STA+ +1.3%hit TP:34815 base
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Kaz'rogal - Hyjal)
    * 1 gem slot

3. [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item] TP:34071
    Vengeful Gladiator's Shield Wall - Items - World of Warcraft Arena

4. [item]Bulwark of the Amani Empire[/item] 42STA+ TP:33176(32527 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Jan'alai)
    * 1 gem slot

5. [item]Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item] 48STA TP:31702

6. [item]Aldori Legacy Defender[/item] 39STA+ TP:31374(30624 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Gruul)
    * 1 gem slot

7. [item]Shield of Impenetrable Darkness[/item] 33STA TP:29562
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Nightbane)

[item]Dawnforged Defender[/item] 4872Armor, 155Block, 31STA, 18Dodge, 13Hit TP:29411
    (Shattered Sun - Exaulted)

8. [item]Gladiator's Shield Wall[/item] 45STA TP:29046

9. [item]Azure-Shield of Coldarra[/item] 31STA TP:28502
    The World of Warcraft Armory (33 Heroic badges)

10. [item]Crest of the Sha'tar[/item] 19STA+ TP:27509(25955 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Sha'tar Exaulted)
    * 2 gem slots

11. [item]The Fel Barrier[/item] 30STA TP:25793
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mana Tombs - Shaffar)

12. [item]Ogri'la Aegis[/item] 18STA+ TP:24979(23681 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Ogri'la Revered)
    * 2 gem slots

13. [item]Aegis of the Sunbird[/item] 27STA TP:24108
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Botanica - High Botanist Freywinn)

14. [item]Platinum Shield of the Valorous[/item] 33STA TP:23550
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadow Labs - Ambassador Hellmaw)

15. [item]Netherwing Protector's Shield[/item] 22STA TP:23344

16. [item]The Face of Death[/item] 21STA TP:22968 *lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - Sapphiron)

17. [item]Grand Marshal's Barricade[/item] 36STA TP:22441

18. [item]Blood Knight Defender[/item] 26STA TP:22040
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Ramparts - Watchkeeper Gargolmar)

19. [item]Shield of the Void[/item] 24STA TP:21076
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mana Tombs - Pandemonius)

Shield Enchants

Major Stamina is the only way to go for the shield you use for progression raiding

[item]Formula: Enchant Shield - Major Stamina[/item] 18STA TP:1028
    Enchant Shield - Major Stamina - Spells - World of Warcraft

[item]Formula: Enchant Shield - Tough Shield[/item] 18 +Block TP:196
    Enchant Shield - Tough Shield - Spells - World of Warcraft

[item]Formula: Enchant Shield - Lesser Block[/item] 10 block rating TP:109
    Enchant Shield - Lesser Block - Spells - World of Warcraft

[item]Formula: Enchant Shield - Lesser Protection[/item] 30 armor TP:110
    Enchant Shield - Lesser Protection - Spells - World of Warcraft

Ranged Weapons

Ranged Weapons

Ranged weapons don't have a ton of tanking stats. A better use for this slot is to put some +hit from the aggro weapon list.

Entry level raiding: Finding a Green lvl 70 weapon of the Monkey on the AH is still the easiest way to get some tanking stats here until you have the mats to get the engineering weapon crafted.

Tier 5 raiding: Stick with the engineering weapon, it will last you a while.

Tier 6 raiding: Rifle of the Stoic Guardian will go to a tank and is a respectable upgrade, but Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer still has top stamina, 41 with a Black Temple gem and you shouldn't get rid of it.

Patch 2.3: Spinesever is a new BOE epic. If you see it for under 1k, I'd buy it. It has alot of TP and has some of the best aggro stats of all the ranged weapons, not to mention you don't have to carry ammo. Its an all purpose wear in all encounters, but still keep the engineering rifle around as a stamina piece for EH fights. (Edit NERFED, no longer all that)

1. [item]Rifle of the Stoic Guardian[/item] 31STA TP:3491
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Teron Gorefiend - Black Temple)

2. [item]Legionkiller[/item] 30STA TP:2988

3. [item]Barrel-Blade Longrifle[/item] 0STA+ TP:2240(942 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Doomwalker)
    * 2 gem slots

4. [item]Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer[/item] 26STA+ TP:2209(1560 base) *top stamina*
    * 1 gem slots

5. [item]The Boomstick[/item] 21STA TP:2159
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Sethekk Halls - Anzu)

6. [item]Big-Boar Battle Rifle[/item] of the Monkey (+11 Agility, +18 Stamina) TP:1676
    * also Rampant Crossbow & Windspear Longbow have equal stats

7. [item]Crystalline Crossbow[/item] 16STA +0.7%hit TP:1627
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Ogri'la Exaulted)

8. [item]Bristleblitz Striker[/item] 28STA TP:1614
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Archimonde - Hyjal)

9. [item]Big-Boar Battle Rifle[/item] of the Champion (+9 Strength, +14 Stamina, +9 Defense Rating) TP:1608

10. [item]Big-Boar Battle Rifle[/item] of Stamina (+27 Stamina) TP:1560

11. [item]Spinesever[/item] 12STA +0.5%hit TP:1346
    The World of Warcraft Armory (BOE Drop)

12. [item]Vengeful Gladiator's War Edge[/item] 24STA +0.7%hit TP:1345
    The World of Warcraft Armory Arena

13. [item]Dragonbreath hand cannon[/item] 7STA TP:1258 *lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (BWL - Ebonrock)

14. [item]Mandokir's Sting[/item] 8STA TP:1133 *lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (ZG - Bloodlord)

15. [item]Arcanite Steam-Pistol[/item] 0STA +1.1%hit TP:1120
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye - Al'ar)

16. [item]Starbolt Longbow[/item] 19STA TP:1076

17. [item]Mark V's Throwing Star[/item]/[item]Alley's Recurve[/item] 10STA TP:1004
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Nagrand quest)

[item]Nightstrike[/item] (16STA, 10hit, 10Expertise) TP:920
    (Normal Magister's Terrace - ???)

18. [item]Melmorta's Twilight Longbow[/item] 15STA TP:861
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Morass - Chrono Lord Deja)

19. [item]Nethershrike[/item] 15STA TP:861
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mechanar - Nethermancer Sepethrea)

20. [item]Consortium blaster[/item] 15STA TP:861
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Netherstorm Revered)

21. [item]Outrider's bow[/item]/[item]Silithid Husked launcher[/item] TP:827
    The World of Warcraft Armory (7500 Honor, 30 warsong marks)

22. [item]Recoilless Rocket Ripper X-54[/item] 13STA TP:753
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Steamvault - Mekgineer Steamrigger)

23. [item]Ethereal Warp-Bow[/item] 13STA TP:753
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mana Tombs - Nexus-Prince Shaffar)

Aggro

Steelhawk has some nice stats and it should be easily attainable after the hunters get their epic weapons. Go for +hit. The new BOE epic drop was nerfed to crap. I almost bought it, luckily I held back.

[item]Crystalline Crossbow[/item] 16STA +0.7%hit TP:1627
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Ogri'la Exaulted)

[item]Spinesever[/item] 12STA +0.5%hit TP:1346
    The World of Warcraft Armory (BOE Drop)

[item]Arcanite Steam-Pistol[/item] 0STA +1.1%hit TP:1120

[item]Nightstrike[/item] (16STA, 10hit, 10Expertise) TP:920
    (Normal Magister's Terrace - ???)

[item]Adamantine Repeater[/item] 0STA +0.6%hit TP:882
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Blood Furnace - Keli'dan the Breaker)

[item]Ornate Khorium Rifle[/item] 0STA +0.8%hit TP:823

[item]Veteran's Musket[/item] 0STA +0.7%hit TP:704
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Honor Hold - Exaulted) or horde equivalent

[item]Serpentshrine Shuriken[/item] 12STA +0.7%hit TP:699
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - trash)

[item]Skyfire Hawk-Bow[/item] TP:0 +0.9%hit
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shattered Halls - Warbringer O'mrogg)

[item]Steelhawk Crossbow[/item] 0STA +1.0%hit TP:0
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Attumen)

Bracers

Bracers

Entry-level raiding: Stick a +hit gem on the Attumen bracers for the set bonus and you have good all purpose tank/aggro bracers or stam for the best possible for tanking until the Eye. Craft the Green Fortress bracers if you have the cash, they are excellent and will hold you over until Attument drops his bracers.

Tier 5 raiding: The Void Reaver bracers are a huge upgrade over Attunmen's bracers, tons of extra avoidance.

Tier 6 raiding: Eternium Shell are the ultimate bracers. Top effective health and loads of avoidance. If only they had Block value.

Patch 2.3: Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx are an easy to obtain item that give 5.6 Expertise points for massive aggro and mob parry reduction. A must have for even the T6 tanks.

[item]Onslaught Wristguards[/item] (841Armor, 49STA, 21Def, 22Parry, 24Dodge) TP:11842(11040 base)
    * 1 blue gem slot (+2 Dodge)

1. [item]Eternium Shell Bracers[/item] 52STA TP:9896 *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (High Warlord Naj'entus - Black Temple)

2. [item]Wristguards of Determination[/item] 37STA TP:8275
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye - Void Reaver)

3. [item]The Seeker's Wristguards[/item] 43STA TP:7044
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shade of Akama - Black Temple)
    * pally stats

4. [item]Vambraces of Courage[/item] 33STA+ TP:7035(6386 base)
    * 1 gem slot

5. [item]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item] 45STA 22Expertise TP:6791
    The World of Warcraft Armory (35 Badges)

6. [item]Bracers of the Green Fortress[/item] 39STA TP:6425

7. [item]Amber Bands of the Aggressor[/item] 25STA TP:5855
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Steamvault - Warlord Kalithresh)

8. [item]Vambraces of Daring[/item] 26STA TP:4861

9. [item]Veteran's Plate Bracers[/item] 30STA+ TP:4678(4029 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (11794 Honor, 20 WSG)
    * 1 gem slot

10. [item]Swiftsteel Bracers[/item] 32STA TP:4438
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted - BOE Black Temple)
    * 27 haste rating

11. [item]Sha'tari Wrought Armguards[/item] 18STA+ TP:4325(3676 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadow Labs quest)
    * 1 gem slot

12. [item]Junior Technician 3rd Grade Bracers[/item] 24STA +0.7%hit TP:4284
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Netherstorm quest)

13. [item]Furious Shackles[/item] 28STA+ TP:4226 base
    * 1 gem slot

14. [item]Eternium Rage-Shackles[/item] TP:4195

15. [item]Bands of Syth[/item] 18STA TP:3790
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Sethekk Halls - Darkweaver Syth)

16. [item]Dreadnaught bracers[/item] 28STA TP:3773 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - 3 bosses)

Bracer Enchants

12 Defense rating vs 12 Stamina. My baseline gear is to a point where avoidance gains alot of tankpoints and stamina has diminishing returns based off statistical simulations, but the simulations do not represent what is easiest to tank & heal through. For this enchant, I personally would choose stamina.

1. [item]Formula: Enchant Bracer - Major Defense[/item] (12 Def) TP:995
    Enchant Bracer - Major Defense - Spells - World of Warcraft

2. [item]Formula: Enchant Bracer - Fortitude[/item] (12STA) TP:649
    Enchant Bracer - Fortitude - Spells - World of Warcraft

Belts

Belt

Entry-level raiding: Moroes holds the best belt followed by the one from heroic slave pens. An easy pick up is the Sha'tari Vindicator belt from the Arcatraz quest chain, otherwise find a belt with 2 gem slots and load up on stamina to make an all purpose belt.

Tier 5 raiding: Girdle of the Invulnerable is a massive upgrade for a belt. More mitigation that Crimson Girdle and it has 2% more avoidance. The crafted pally tank belt is very respectable and if your blacksmith gets it, have it crafted it's BOE.

Tier 6 raiding: Again Black temple has an ideal item with the Girdle of Stability. Top effective health, shield block and a ton of avoidance. Perfect tanking belt.

Patch 2.3: Iron-tusk is a heavy avoidance belt. Its an upgrade over the Kara belt, but the SSC pally belt has some more attractive stats.

[item]Onslaught Waistguard[/item] (1081Armor, 64STA, 24Def, 28Expertise, 40Dodge, 56Block) TP:15321(14672 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - Brutallus)
    * 1 gem slot

1. [item]Girdle of Stability[/item] 56STA+ TP:12610(11312 base) *top stamina*
    * 2 gem slots

2. [item]Girdle of the Invulnerable[/item] 37STA+ TP:11559(10261 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - Leotheras the Blind)
    * 2 gem slots

3. [item]Girdle of Mighty Resolve[/item] 56STA+ TP:11304(10006 base)
    * 2 gem slots, pally stats

4. [item]Iron-tusk Girdle[/item] 45STA+ TP:11040(9742 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (60 badges)
    * 2 gems slots

[item]Girdle of the Fearless[/item] (993Armor, 58STA, 34Defense, 23Hit, 22Expertise) TP:9538(8889 base)
    (Heroic Badges)
    * 1 gem slot

5. [item]Belt of the Guardian[/item] 48STA+ TP:9492(8194 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted - BOP Blacksmith SSC)
    * 2 gems, pally stats

6. [item]Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable[/item] 36STA+ TP:7990(6692 base)
    * 2 gem slots

7. [item]Lion's Heart Girdle[/item] 31 STA TP:7239

[item]Girdle of Seething Rage[/item] (993Armor, 40STR, 55STA, 30Haste) TP:6718(6069 base)
    (Heroic Badges)
    * 1 gem slot

8. [item]Girdle of the Immovable[/item] 33STA TP:6632(5334 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Slave Pens - Quagmirran)
    * 2 gem slots

9. [item]Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard[/item] 33STA TP:6566

10. [item]Royal Qiraji Belt[/item] 22STA TP:6069 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (AQ40 - Twin Emps)

11. [item]Warlord's Iron-Girdle[/item] of the Monkey (620 Armor +27 Agility, +42 Stamina) TP:5847

12. [item]Veteran's Plate Belt[/item] 45STA TP:5686
    The World of Warcraft Armory (17850 Honor, 40 AB)

13. [item]Red Belt of Battle[/item] 21STA+ +0.9%hit TP:5511(4213 base)
    * 2 gems

14. [item]Girdle of the Lost Vindicator[/item] 39STA TP:5369

15. [item]Belt of Seething Fury[/item] 37STA TP:5356
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Kaz'rogal - Hyjal)
    * 38 haste rating

16. [item]Fearless Girdle[/item] 25STA+ TP:5259(3961 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zangarmarsh quest)
    * 2 gem slots

17. [item]Dreadnaught Waistguard[/item] 26STA TP:5114 *lvl 60 epic*
    * set bonuses

18. [item]Chain of Unleashed Rage[/item] 37STA+ TP:5027
    * 2 gem slots

19. [item]Deathforge Girdle[/item] 25STA TP:4854(3556 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Sethekk Halls - Talon King Ikiss)
    * 2 gem slots

20. [item]Borak's Belt of Bravery[/item] 24STA TP:4842

21. [item]Girdle of the Mentor[/item] 21STA +0.6%hit TP:4288 *lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - Instructor Razuvious)
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-29-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Hands

Gauntlets

Entry-level raiding: If you are just starting to raid, Felsteel is the way to go. Get the Tank gloves off Maiden, then take the T4 DPS gloves for your aggro set. Or get the T4 tank gloves and put 2 +hit gems in the Maiden Gloves to make them your aggro gloves (remember +Block means bigger shield slams).

Tier 5 raiding: Mathematically T5 hands are not that great over T4, but you are gaining effective health and +Block. The Royal Gauntlets are unbeatable with that massive avoidance.

Tier 6 raiding: I would take the Royal Gauntlets over T6, top stamina and great avoidance. Gauntlets of Enforcement are ideal aggro gauntlets without sacrificing any tanking stats. Definately need +2% threat on these.

Patch 2.3: Both gauntlets from the patch have a respectable amount of tank aggro stats. I wish they wouldn't cost 60 badges though, that seems a bit too much.

[item]Borderland Fortress Grips[/item] (1103Armor, 64STA, 21Def, 35Dodge, 28Parry) TP:15299(14001 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - Trash drop)
    * 2 gem slots

1. [item]Royal Gauntlets of Silvermoon[/item] 57STA+ TP:12589(11291) base *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye - Kael'thas Sunstrider)
    * 2 gem slots

2. [item]Onslaught Handguards[/item] 50STA+ TP:12451(11802 base)
    * 1 gem slot

3. [item]Gauntlets of Enforcement[/item] 70STA TP:11296
    * 21 weapon skill rating

4. [item]Destroyer Handguards[/item] T5 tank 44STA TP:10545
    * set bonuses

5. [item]Warbringer Handguards[/item] (T4 tank gloves) 38STA TP:10189
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Curator)
    * set bonuses

6. [item]Topaz-studded Battlegrips[/item] 49STA+ TP:9447(8149 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Doom Lord Kazzak)
    * 2 gem slots

7. [item]33517en[/item] 51STA+ +1.3%hit TP:9323(8025 base)
    * 2 gem slots

8. [item]Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden[/item] 39STA+ TP:9026(7728 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Maiden)
    * 2 gem slots

9. [item]Onslaught Gauntlets[/item] 49STA+ TP:8831(8182 base)
    * 1 gem slot, ignore 91 armor

10. [item]Gauntlets of Dissension[/item] 36STA TP:8014
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Botanica - Warp Splinter)

11. [item]Felsteel Gloves[/item] 27STA+ TP:7886(6588 base)
    * 2 gem slots, set bonus for blacksmith

12. [item]Gauntlets of the Chosen[/item] 30STA TP:7643
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Scryer Revered)

[item]Hard Khorium Battlefists[/item] (1103Armor, 45STR, 45STA, 36Haste, 23Hit) TP:7542(6244 base)
    * 2 gem slots (crafted BOE)

13. [item]Gauntlets of the Bold[/item] 31STA+ TP:7360(6062 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Steamvault - Warlord Kalithresh)
    * 2 gem slots, set bonuses

14. [item]Gauntlets of the Iron Tower[/item] 30STA+ TP:7281(5983 base)
    * 2 gem slots

15. [item]Grips of Silent Justice[/item] 37STA+ +1.0%Hit TP:6996(5698 base)
    * 2 gems slots, ignore 175 armor

16. [item]Thatia's Self-Correcting Gauntlets[/item] (boe) 35STA TP:6942
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Arcatraz - Dalliah the Doomsayer)
    * BOE boss drop, a bug, so you can take the easy path and buy it in the AH

17. [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets[/item] 52STA TP:6640
    Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets - Items - World of Warcraft Arena
    * set bonuses, -3 rage on hamstring

18. [item]Furious Deathgrips[/item] 37STA+ +1.6%hit TP:6638(5340 base)
    * 2 gem slots

19. [item]Warbringer Gauntlets[/item] (T4 DPS gloves) 33STA +1.1%hit TP:6219
    * set bonuses

20. [item]Pillager's Gauntlets[/item] 45STA +1.1%hit TP:6093
    * 38 haste rating

21. [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets[/item] 46STA TP:6014
    * set bonuses, -3 rage on hamstring

22. [item]Destroyer Gauntlets[/item] T5 dps 46STA TP:5961
    * set bonuses

23. [item]Dauntless Handguards[/item] 36STA TP:5690
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Alliance Shattered Halls quest)

24. [item]Dreadnaught Gauntlets[/item] (T3 gloves) 27STA TP:5621 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - Maexxna)
    * set bonuses

25. [item]Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets[/item] 42STA TP:5471
    * set bonuses, -2 rage on hamstring

26. [item]Grand Marshal's Plate Gauntlets[/item] 30STA TP:4038
    The World of Warcraft Armory (14850 Honor, 20 AV Marks)
    * set bonuses, -2 rage on hamstring

Glove Enchants

1. [item]Formula: Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility[/item] (15 AGI) TP:913
    Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility - Spells - World of Warcraft

2. [item]Glove Reinforcements[/item] (240 armor) TP: 878
    Glove Reinforcements - Spells - World of Warcraft

3. [item]Heavy Knothide Armor Kit[/item] (10 STA) TP:595
    * baseline

4. [item]Vindicator's Armor Kit[/item] (8 def) TP: 594

5. [item]Formula: Enchant Gloves - Greater Agility[/item] (7 AGI) TP:424
    Enchant Gloves - Greater Agility - Spells - World of Warcraft

Honorable Mention: +2% threat is a great enchant that offers 0 tank points. Since it is still percent-based, it scales with gear. Even though it gives 0 tank points, 2% threat is a big deal since it is a threat multiplier.

Shoulder

Shoulders

Enrty-level raiding: Get your guild started on 25 mans and down High King asap. T4 tank shoulders are the best you can get by a large margin.

Tier 5 raiding: After your guild can down Gruul by growth 12, start working Loot Reaver for your first taste of Tier 5. You will use these shoulders for your Hydross set, and the extra defense helps. They also add some nice +Block.

Tier 6 raiding: It sucks that you have to give up +Block on your 2 upgrade options. Both shoulders have tons of avoidance and I would prefer Onslaught for the parry and extra stam.

Patch 2.3: Loot Reaver makes the tanking shoulders from here unnecessary. Tier 5 has better stats across the board.

[item]Pauldrons of Perseverance[/item] (1487Armor, 60STA, 27Def, 32BlockRat, 68Block) TP:14171(12873 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 2 gem slots

[item]Spaulders of the Thalassian Defender[/item] (1487Armor, 60STA, 27Def, 51Block) TP:13162(11864 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 2 gem slots

1. [item]Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury[/item] 72STA TP:13072

2. [item]Onslaught Shoulderguards[/item] 53STA+ TP:12585(11287 base) *top stamina*
    * 2 gem slots

3. [item]Destroyer Shoulderguards[/item] T5 Tank 44STA+ TP:11900(10602 base)
    * 2 gem slots

4. [item]Warbringer Shoulderguards[/item] (T4 tank shoulders) 38STA+ TP:10939(9641 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Gruuls Lair - High King)
    * set bonuses, 2 gem slots

5. [item]Pauldrons of Stone Resolve[/item] 43STA+ TP:10261(8963 base)
    * 2 blue gem slots (+3 BlockRating bonus)

6. [item]Mantle of Abrahmis[/item] 43STA+ TP:8761(7463 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Netherspite)
    * 2 gem slots

7. [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Shoulders[/item] 57STA+ TP:8754(7456 base)
    Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Shoulders - Items - World of Warcraft Arena

[item]Pauldrons of Berserking[/item] (1487 Armor, 45STR, 48STA, 27Haste, 30Crit) TP:8750(7452 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 2 gem slots

8. [item]Onslaught Shoulderblades[/item] 34STA+ TP:8338
    * 2 gem slots, ignore 91 armor

9. [item]Spaulders of Dementia[/item] 34STA TP:8150

10. [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Shoulders[/item] 51STA+ TP:8093(6795 base)
    * 2 gem slots

11. [item]Warbringer Shoulderplates[/item] (T4 DPS shoulders) 33STA+ +0.6%hit TP:7852(6554 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Gruuls Lair - High King)

12. [item]Fanblade Pauldrons[/item] 22STA+ TP:7617(6319 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Crypts - Shirrak the Dead Watcher
    * 2 gem slots

13. [item]Gladiator's Plate Shoulders[/item] 45STA+ TP:7399(6101 base)
    * set bonuses, 2 slots

14. [item]Destroyer Shoulderblades[/item] T5 DPS 38STA+ TP:7374(6076 base)
    * 2 gem slots

[item]Shoulderplates of Everlasting Pain[/item] (1087Armor, 30STR, 33STA, 21Haste) TP:6579(5281 base)
    (Heroic Magister's Terrace - ??)
    * 2 gem slots

15. [item]Shoulderguards of the Bold[/item] 25STA+ TP:6565(5267 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadow Labs - Murmur)
    * set bonuses, 2 slots

16. [item]Pauldrons of the Wardancer[/item] 21STA+ TP:6319(5021 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - Hydross)
    * 2 gems

17. [item]Warchief's Mantle[/item] 27STA+ TP:6245(4947 base)
    * 2 slots

18. [item]Blood-stained Pauldrons[/item] 34STA +1.5%hit TP:6116

19. [item]Grand Marshal's Plate Shoulders[/item] 36STA+ TP:6057(4759 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (14850 Honor, 20 AB Marks)
    * set bonuses, 2 slots

20. [item]Pauldrons of Brute Force[/item] 22STA+ TP:6054(4756 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Underbog - The Black Stalker)
    * 2 slots

21. [item]Swiftsteel Shoulders[/item] 29STA +1.2%hit TP:5864
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted - BOP Blacksmith Black Temple)
    * 35 haste rating

22. [item]Dreadnaught Pauldrons[/item] (T3 shoulders) 29STA +0.6%hit TP:5790 *best lvl 60 epic*
    * set bonuses

23. [item]Pauldrons of Gruesome Fate[/item] 33STA +1.5%hit TP:5674
    The World of Warcraft Armory (60 Badges)

24. [item]Nexus-Guard's Pauldrons[/item] 27STA TP:5650

25. [item]Doomplate Shoulderguards[/item] 22STA+ TP:5256(3958 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Underbog - The Black Stalker)
    * set bonuses, 2 slots

26. [item]Skybreaker's Pauldrons[/item] 31STA TP:5243

Shoulder Enchants

The difference between aldor and scryer is negligible. Scryer might be more useful as it helps to overcome the 490 defense cap for Hydross.

1. [item]Greater Inscription of Warding[/item] (15 dodge, 10 def) TP:2114
    The World of Warcraft Armory (aldor)

2. [item]Greater Inscription of the Knight[/item] (15 def, 10 dodge) TP:2080
    The World of Warcraft Armory (scryer)

3. [item]Inscription of Warding[/item] (15 dodge) TP:1296
    The World of Warcraft Armory (aldor)

4. [item]Inscription of the Knight[/item] (13 def) TP:995
    The World of Warcraft Armory (scryer)

Feet

Feet

Enrty-level raiding: Boots 14 and 17 are easy to obtain quest reward blues. Keep the Fleash Beast's as your tank boots and gem the Sha'tari wrought as your aggro boots until you pull something out of Kara or a Heroic. The trash Kara boots are the top mitigation until the eye, but 17 strength and 2 gem slots make Battlescar overall more attractive. Put 2 blue gems in there are you got 49STA boots.

Tier 5 raiding: Shocking that the upgrade over the Kara gear doesn't come until deep into the Eye and it works out mathmatically as a side-grade, although most warriors love to trade avoidance for stamina. Red Havoc boots are awesome with all that shield block and a nice effective health upgrade, damn Blizzard had to make them Blacksmith only.

Tier 6 raiding: +hit on the boots from Akama, nice! The pally boots are also a respectible upgrade.

Patch 2.3: Jungle stompers FTW! I was always bitter I couldn't wear Red Havoc, and so now I feel better that I can have some Block boots. They were even nice enough to give us a blue socket bonus of +5 Block.

[item]Onslaught Boots[/item] (1322Armor, 64STA, 25Def, 26Expertise, 30Dodge, 25Parry) TP:14660(14011 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - Felmyst)
    * 1 gem slot

1. [item]Myrmidon's Treads[/item] 56STA+ +1.1%hit TP:12850(11552 base) *top stamina*
    * 2 gems slots

2. [item]Tide-stomper's Greaves[/item] 56STA+ TP:12124(10826 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (High Warlord Naj'entus - Black Temple)
    * 2 gem slots, pally stats

3. [item]Boots of Elusion[/item] 34STA TP:9948
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan trash)
    * baseline

4. [item]Jungle Stompers[/item] 43STA+ TP:9938(9289 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Bear Avatar, Nalorakk)
    * 1 blue gem slot (5Block bonus)

5. [item]Red Havoc Boots[/item] 49STA TP:9927

6. [item]Boots of the Resilient[/item] 51STA+ TP:9733(8435 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye - High Astromancer Solarian)
    * 2 gem slots

7. [item]Sabatons of the Righteous Defender[/item] 45STA+ TP:9599(8301 base)
    * pally stats, 2 gem slots

8. [item]Battlescar Boots[/item] 28STA+ TP:9201(7903 base)
    * 2 gem slots

9. [item]Boots of the Protector[/item] 48STA TP:8379
    * pally stats

10. [item]Eaglecrest Warboots[/item] 33STA TP:7892

11. [item]Dreadboots of the Legion[/item] 40STA +1.1%hit TP:7525(6227 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Reliquary of Souls - Black Temple
    * 2 gems slots

12. [item]Ironstriders of Urgency[/item] 28STA TP:7202(5904 base)
    * 2 gem slots

13. [item]Skullshatter Warboots[/item] 37STA TP:7001(5703 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Lynx Avatar, Halazzi)
    * 2 gem slots

14. [item]Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves[/item] 25STA TP:6943
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mana Tombs quest)

15. [item]Boots of the Colossus[/item] 27STA+ TP:6798(5500 base)
    * 2 gem slots

[item]Sunstrider Warboots[/item] (1105Armor, 30STA, 29STR, 140ArmorPen) TP:6616(5318 base)
    (Normal Magister's Terrace - Kael'thas)
    * 2 gem slots

16. [item]Veteran's Plate Greaves[/item] 45STA TP:6340
    The World of Warcraft Armory (17850 Honor, 40Eye)

17. [item]Sha'tari Wrought Greaves[/item] 22STA TP:6271(4973 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadow Labs quest)
    * 2 gem slots

18. [item]Warlord's Sabatons[/item] of the Monkey (lvl 70 green 758 Armor +27 Agility, +42 Stamina) TP:6185
    The World of Warcraft Armory (green BOE)

19. [item]Dreadnaught sabatons[/item] (T3 boots) 34STA TP:6077 *best lvl 60 epic*
    * set bonuses

Boot Enchants

The correct choice for effective health enchanting is +12 stamina.

1. [item]Formula: Enchant Boots - Dexterity[/item] (12 AGI) TP: 729
    Enchant Boots - Dexterity - Spells - World of Warcraft

2. [item]Formula: Enchant Boots - Fortitude[/item] (12 STA) TP: 649
    Enchant Boots - Fortitude - Spells - World of Warcraft
    * baseline

3. [item]Vindicator's Armor Kit[/item] (8 def) TP: 594

4. [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item] (40 armor) TP: 146

Chest

Entry-level raiding: The T4 chest and Nightbane chest are pretty similar in mitigation, but the strength and agility on T4 make it superior. The Armorsmith's DPS chest is pretty godly when you consider all the aggro generating stats it has on it. The new Gladiator chest has great stamina and even has some +hit.

Tier 5 raiding: A 2k tankpoints upgrade over T4 and +1.5% to hit, now that is an upgrade!

Tier 6 raiding: Onslaught gives away the +hit, Boooo! But Azgalor has a chest with +2.2%hit

Patch 2.3: Zul'jin has a nice chest for those guilds not able to down Kael. The Pally badge version is a close second if you are not up to that challenge but you have to give up the +hit.

[item]Breastplate of Agony's Aversion[/item] (1983 Armor, 78STA, 36Def, 52Dodge, 40Haste) TP:20217(18270 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 3 gem slots

[item]Chestplate of Stoicism[/item] (1765 Armor, 78STA, 51Def, 34Dodge, 39Block) TP:19123(18474 base)
    (Heroic Badges)
    * 1 gem slots

1. [item]Onslaught Chestguard[/item] 69STA+ TP:18862(16915 base) *top stamina*

[item]Heroic Judicator's Chestguard[/item] (1983Armor, 78STA, 29Def, 44Dodge) TP:18816(16869 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 3 gem slots

2. [item]Glory of the Defender[/item] 75STA +2.2%hit TP:16828

3. [item]Destroyer Chestguard[/item] T5 tank 57STA+ +1.5%hit TP:16042(14095 base)
    * 3 gem slots, set bonuses

4. [item]Chestguard of the Warlord[/item] 60STA +1.6%hit TP:15955(14008 base)
    * 3 gem slots

5. [item]Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian[/item] 60STA+ TP:15158(13211 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (75 Badges)
    * pally stats,3 gem slots

6. [item]Warbringer Chestguard[/item] (T4 tanking chest) 48STA+ TP:13652(11705 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Magtheridon)
    * set bonuses, 3 gem slots

7. [item]Panzar'Thar Breastplate[/item] 51STA+ TP:12768(10821 base)
    * 3 slots

8. [item]Onslaught Breastplate[/item] 54STA+ +1.0%hit TP:12737(10790 base)
    * 3 gem slots, ignore 126 armor

[item]Warharness of Reckless Fury[/item] (1983Armor, 61STR, 67STA, 41Crit, 32Haste) TP:12411(10464 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 3 gem slots

9. [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece[/item] 67STA+ +0.8%hit TP:11481(9534 base)
    Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece - Items - World of Warcraft Arena

10. [item]Bulwark of the Ancient Kings[/item] 56STA+ +1.6%hit TP:10926(8979 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted, armorsmithing-only)
    * 3 gem slots, special ability

11. [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece[/item] 60STA+ +0.6%hit TP:10707(8760 base)

12. [item]Vindicator's Hauberk[/item] 39STA TP:10786
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Aldor Revered)
    * baseline

[item]Hard Khorium Battleplate[/item] (1728 Armor, 61STR, 55STA, 41Crit, 280ArmorPen) TP:10613(8666 base)
    (crafted - Blacksmith BOP)
    * 3 gem slots

13. [item]Krakken-Heart Breastplate[/item] 42STA TP:10301

14. [item]Bulwark of Kings[/item] 55STA+ +1.5%hit TP:10082(8135 base)

15. [item]Breastplate of the Bold[/item] 33STA+ TP:10038(8091 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Arcatraz - Harbinger Skyriss)

16. [item]Destroyer Breastplate[/item] T5 DPS 48STA+ +1.0%hit TP:9933(7986 base)

17. [item]Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece[/item] 49STA+ +0.6%hit TP:9560(7613 base)

[item]Breastplate of Ire[/item] (1607 Armor, 52STR, 64STA, 51Haste) TP:9355(8706 base)
    (Heroic Badges)
    * 1 gem slots

[item]Netherforce Chestplate[/item] (1510Armor, 44STR, 42STA, 30Crit, 18Hit) TP:9130(7183 base)
    (Heroic Magister's Terrace - Kael'thas)
    * 3 gem slots

18. [item]Warbringer Breastplate[/item] (T4 DPS chest) 39STA+ TP:8940(6993 base)
    * set bonus, 3 gem slots

19. [item]Bloodstained Elven Battlevest[/item] 69STA TP:8931
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Akil'zon)

20. [item]Breastplate of Kings[/item] 46STA+ +1.3%hit TP:8761(6814 base)

21. [item]Warlord's Iron-Breastplate[/item] of the Monkey (lvl 70 BOE green 1103 Armor +37 Agility, +56 Stamina) TP:8536
    The World of Warcraft Armory (BOE green)

22. [item]Heavy Earthforged Breastplate[/item] 36STA+ TP:8434(6487 base)
    * 3 gem slots

23. [item]Dreadnaught breastplate[/item] (T3 Chest) 43STA +1.3%hit TP:8396 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - 4 Horsemen)
    * set bonuses

24. [item]Jade-Skull Breastplate[/item] 50STA TP:8376
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mechanar - Nethermancer Sepethrea)

25. [item]Heartshatter Breastplate[/item] 45STA +1.9%hit TP:8172

26. [item]High Warlord's Plate Chestpiece[/item] 46STA+ TP:8115(6168 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (24300 Honor, 30 AB Marks)

27. [item]Breastplate of the Warbringer[/item] 45STA +1.9%hit TP:8021
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Nagrand quest)

28. [item]Crimsonforge Breastplate[/item] 45STA +1.0%hit TP:6139
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Ramparts - Omor the Unscarred)

Chest Enchants

1. [item]Formula: Enchant Chest - Exceptional Health[/item] (150HP) TP:811
    Enchant Chest - Exceptional Health - Spells - World of Warcraft
    * baseline

2. [item]Formula: Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats[/item] (+6 all stats) TP:716
    Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats - Spells - World of Warcraft

3. [item]Vindicator's Armor Kit[/item] (8 def) TP:594

4. [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item] (40 armor) TP:146

Helm

Head

Entry-level raiding: Felsteel is a great crafted starter helm. Even though felsteel and the Kara opera helm are the same mitigation, Eternium Greathelm is superior for its +26 strength. Stalwart Defender would be an insane helm if they used something other than resilience. 2.1: The new heroic badges helm is respectable, and worth getting if your guild isn't up to downing Prince yet. Since I dropped engineering for jewelcrafting I would like to say "The goggles, they do nothing!", but they are quite good and could possibly protect Radioactive man from the toxic waste. (Simpson's reference for those wondering what I'm smoking)

Tier 5 raiding: T5 will give a big tankpoints bump from whatever you are already wearing.

Tier 6 raiding: The T6 helm is pretty sad. Mathmatically it is equal to the Destroyer helm. I think someone made a mistake with this piece of gear, it doesn't even increase the stamina. The Block value is nice but even Warbringer(T4) has more, and come on, block rating has almost no value! The Faceplate off Illidan is what T6 should have been. Its got massive increases to all important tanking stats, even Block value. Someone report to Blizzard that weaksauce was spilled on the T6 tanking helm and it needs to be cleaned off.

Patch 2.3: Battleworn Tuskguard provides heavy block and stamina, no defense. They are a small TP upgrade over T4, but I don't think I would grind for it. The Vashj helm majorly outclasses it.

[item]Crown of Dath'Remar[/item] (1611 Armor, 91 STA, 32Def, 53Dodge, 33Parry) TP:22376(19021 base)
    * 1 meta, 1 blue gem slot +6 STA bonus + 283

[item]Helm of Uther's Resolve[/item] (1611 Armor, 91STA, 32Def, 41Dodge, 38Block) TP:19978(16906 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 1 meta, 1 gem slot

1. [item]Faceplate of the Impenetrable[/item] 82STA+ TP:19118(16046 base) *top stamina*
    * 1 meta, 1 gem slot

[item]Hard Khorium Goggles[/item] (1296Armor, 86STA, 51Def, 27Hit, 35Dodge) TP:18273(15201 base)
    (crafted - Engineering BOP - Sunwell Plateau drop)
    * 1 meta, 1 gem slot

The armor still looks wrong on this for the ilvl.

2. [item]Destroyer Greathelm[/item] T5 tank 48STA+ TP:15973(12901 base)
    * 1 meta gem, 1 gem slot

3. [item]Onslaught Greathelm[/item] 48STA+ TP:15733(12661 base)
    * 1 meta, 1 gem slot

4. [item]Tankatronic Goggles[/item] 67STA+ +0.5%hit TP: 15037(11965 base)
    * 1 gem slot, 1 meta slot

5. [item]Warbringer Greathelm[/item] (T4 tank helm) 53STA+ TP:13596(10524 base)
    * set bonuses, 1 gem slot, 1 meta slot

6. [item]Faceguard of the Endless Watch[/item] 49STA+ TP:13190(11243 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Doomwalker)
    * 3 gem slots

7. [item]Battleworn Tuskguard[/item] 60STA+ TP:12944(10997 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Malacrass)
    * 3 gem slots

8. [item]Onslaught Battle-Helm[/item] 54STA+ TP:12691(9619 base)
    * 1 meta, 1 gem slot, ignore 105 armor

9. [item]Faceguard of Determination[/item] 36STA+ TP:12607(9535 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Badges)

[item]Crown of Anasterian[/item] (1660 Armor, 61STR, 67STA, 40Crit, 231ArmorPen) TP:11858(8786 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 1 meta, 1 gem slot

10. [item]Myrmidon's Headdress[/item] 37STA+ TP:11058(7116 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Steamvault quest)

11. [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Helm[/item] 61STA+ 0.8%hit TP:10873(7801 base)
    Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Helm - Items - World of Warcraft

12. [item]Eternium Greathelm[/item] 48STA+ TP:10411(8464 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Opera)
    * 3 gem slots

13. [item]Helm of the Stalwart Defender[/item] 47STA+ TP:10092(8145 base)
    * 3 gem slots

14. [item]Felsteel Helm[/item] 27STA+ TP:9393(7716 base)
    * 3 gem slots, set bonus for blacksmith

15. [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Helm[/item] 54STA+ +0.6%hit TP:10182(7110 base)

16. [item]Destroyer Battle-Helm[/item] T5 DPS 45STA+ +1.3%hit TP:9607(6535 base)
    * 1 meta gem, 1 gem slot

17. [item]Gladiator's Plate Helm[/item] 51STA+ TP:9668(6596 base)

18. [item]Warhelm of the Bold[/item] 23STA+ TP:9583(6511 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Botanica - Warp Splinter)

19. [item]Warbringer Battle-Helm[/item] (T4 DPS helm) 45STA +0.6%hit TP:9196(6124 base)

20. [item]Helm of the Illidari Shatterer[/item] 39STA+ +2.2%hit TP:9059(5987 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Illdari Council - Black Temple)
    * 1 meta, 1 gem slot

21. [item]Thundering Greathelm[/item] 42STA TP:8781

22. [item]Amani Mask of Death[/item] 51STA +2.1%hit TP:8674(6727 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (75 badges)
    * 3 gem slots

23. [item]Dreadnaught helmet[/item] (T3 helm) 45STA TP:7471 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - Thaddius)
    * set bonuses

24. [item]Greathelm of the Unbreakable[/item] 48STA TP:7271
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shattered Halls - Grand Warlock Nethekurse)

Helm Enchants

1. [item]Glyph of the Defender[/item] (16def, 17dodge) TP:2709

2. [item]Presence of Might[/item] (10STA, 15Block, 10Def) TP:1879

3. [item]Arcanum of Protection[/item] (12 dodge) TP:1034

4. [item]Lesser Arcanum of Voracity[/item] (8 AGI) TP:485

5. [item]Lesser Arcanum of Tenacity[/item] (125 armor) TP:458
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-29-2008 at 09:04 AM.

Legs

Legs

Entry-level raiding: Putting 3 stam gems in Timewarden's leggings will get you the top stamina piece for that tier. Felsteel is a great starter item until you have Timewarden's.

Tier 5 raiding: This is another side-grade mathematically, but you're trading avoidance for mitigation.

Tier 6 raiding: The T6 legs are a perfect mix of the best tank stats, plenty of stam, block value, agility and parry. Praetorian's Legguards are also worth picking up for the +hit and the massive 120 stamina possible.

Patch 2.3: The shield block and stamina make Unwavering a great upgrade over Kara/Gruul, t5 still outclasses it with a better mix of more stats. I hate grinding for badges and 75 is going to be a pain.

[item]Felstrength Legplates[/item] (1735 Armor, 78STA, 40Def, 50Dodge, 40Expertise) TP:18815(16868 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 3 gem slots

1. [item]Onslaught Legguards[/item] 78STA+ TP:18418(17769 base)
    * 1 gem slot

[item]Judicator's Legguards[/item] 1735Armor, 78STA, 40Def, 34Dodge, 33Block) TP:17890(15943 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 3 gem slots

[item]Sunguard Legplates[/item] (1544Armor, 78STA, 43Defense, 35Dodge, 23Expertise) TP:16370(15072 base)
    (Heroic Badges)
    * 2 gem slots

2. [item]Praetorian's Legguards[/item] 75STA+ +1.1%hit TP:15999(14052 base) *top stamina*
    * 3 gem slots

3. [item]Destroyer Legguards[/item] T5 tank 60STA+ TP:14192(13543 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - Fathom-Lord Karathress)
    * 1 gem slot, set bonuses

4. [item]Unwavering Legguards[/item] 73STA+ TP:13961(12014 base)
    * 3 gem slots

5. [item]Warbringer Legguards[/item] (T4 tank legs) 55STA TP:13568
    * set bonuses

6. [item]Wrynn Dynasty Greaves[/item] 48STA+ TP:12478(10531 base)
    * 3 gem slots

7. [item]Onslaught Greaves[/item] 55STA+ +0.9%hit TP:10810(10161 base)
    * 1 gem slot, ignore 105 armor

8. [item]Felsteel Leggings[/item] 39STA+ TP:10256(8309 base)
    * 3 gem slots, set bonus for blacksmith

9. [item]Timewarden's Leggings[/item] 57STA+ TP:10054(8107 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Keepers of Time Revered)
    * 3 gem slots

[item]Felfury Legplates[/item] (1735 Armor, 61STR, 48STA, 50Haste, 34Crit) TP:9747(7800 base)
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)
    * 3 gem slots

10. [item]Legguards of the Resolute Defender[/item] 42STA TP:9691

11. [item]Greaves of the Bloodwarder[/item] 46STA+ TO:8816(6869 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye - High Astromancer Solarian)
    * 3 gem slots

12. [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Legguards[/item] 70STA 0.8%hit TP:8763
    Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Legguards - Items - World of Warcraft Arena

13. [item]Greaves of the Shatterer[/item] 37STA+ TP:8710(6763 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shattered Halls - Bladefist)
    * 3 gem slots

14. [item]Legguards of Endless Rage[/item] 61STA +1.2%hit TP:8502

[item]Legplates of Unending Fury[/item] (1544 Armor, 52STR, 48STA, 25Hit, 43Haste) TP:8449(7800 base)
    (Heroic Badges)
    * 2 gem slots

15. [item]Legplates of the Bold[/item] 45STA TP:8363
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Morass - Aeonus)

16. [item]Bloodthirster's Wargreaves[/item] 43STA +2.4%hit TP:8664(6717 base)
    * 3 gem slots

17. [item]Destroyer Greaves[/item] T5 dps 57STA+ TP:8297(7648 base)
    * 1 gem slot, set bonuses

18. [item]Dreadnaught Legplates[/item] (T3 legs) 37STA TP:8156 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - Loatheb)
    * set bonuses

19. [item]Merciless Gladiator's Plate Legguards[/item] 63STA +0.9% TP:8057
    * set bonuses

20. [item]Leggings of Divine Retribution[/item] 51STA TP:7569
    * ignore 350 armor

21. [item]Mag'hari Warlord's Legplates[/item] 64STA TP:7338
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Horde-only Nagrand quest)

22. [item]Gladiator's Plate Legguards[/item] 55STA +0.8%hit TP:7176
    * set bonuses

23. [item]Warbringer Greaves[/item] (T4 DPS legs) 54STA TP:7048
    * set bonuses

Leg Enchants

1. [item]Nethercleft Leg Armor[/item] (40STA, 12AGI) TP:2965

2. [item]Clefthide Leg Armor[/item] (30STA, 10AGI) TP:2295

3. [item]Presence of Might[/item] (10STA, 15Block, 10Def) TP: 1879

Back

Back - Tanking Cloaks

Entry-level raiding: Devilshark is the top for mitigation stats by a respectable margin and has some good +Block on it. Always hold onto the top +Block items in each gear slot to that you can raise Shield Slam damage to crazy levels. Gotta love the crafted Cloak of Eternity for the top Stamina and cheap mats. No reason not to have that one as soon as you hit 70. The Karazhan epic (and any other cloak with tons of armor and stamina) is geared more for feral druids. Let them have it first, they will get more benefit. I put 3 lvl 70 green BOE items here so you can see where they rank and how. "of the Monkey" is equal to "of Stamina", and "of the Champion" is further down the list. Still, no reason to own these when Cloak of Eternity is 36 Stamina and the mats are ridiculously cheap.

Tier 5 raiding: Finally a small upgrade to Devilshark, although I really miss the +Block.

Tier 6 raiding: Patch 2.2 added a perfect cloak, lots of stamina and lots of +hit. It also added a respectable crafted aggro cloak

Patch 2.3: Do you think that the new badge cloak will finally placate the Devilshark debate? Pepe's Shroud is still the all around best cloak, but the new badge cloak should hold you until Hyjal.

1. [item]Slikk's Cloak of Placation[/item] 37STA TP:6445

2. [item]Phoenix-Wing Cloak[/item] 37STA TP:6348

[item]Crimson Paragon's Cover[/item] (108Armor, 61STA, 28Dodge, 28Expertise) TP:6051
    (Sunwell Plateau - Eredar Twins)

3. [item]Devilshark Cape[/item] 22STA TP:5391
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SteamVault - Warlord Kalithresh)

4. [item]Pepe's Shroud of Pacification[/item] 45STA +1.5%hit TP:5247 *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Hyjal trash)

5. [item]Gilded Thorium Cloak[/item] 30STA TP:4816
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Illhoof)

6. [item]Burnoose of Shifting Ages[/item] 15STA TP:4582
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Morass - Chrono Lord Deja)

7. [item]Cloak of Eternity[/item] 36STA TP:3891

8. [item]Farstrider Defender's Cloak[/item] 30STA TP:3774
    The World of Warcraft Armory (25 heroic badges)

9. [item]Thalassian Wildercloak[/item] 28STA TP:3485

10. [item]Cloak of Enduring Swiftness[/item] 13STA TP:3471
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Underbog - Swamplord Musel'ek)

11. [item]Thoriumweave Cloak[/item] 35STA TP:3257
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mechanar - Mechano-Lord Capacitus)

12. [item]Bogstrok Scale Cloak[/item] 22STA TP:3226
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Slave Pens - Rokmar the Crackler)

13. [item]Cryptfiend Silk Cloak[/item] 14STA +0.6hit TP:3202 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - Anub'Rekhan)

14. [item]Amber Cape[/item] of the Monkey (lvl 70 BOE green 74 armor, +21 Agility, +32 Stamina) TP:3194

15. [item]Cloak of the Valiant Defender[/item] 21STA TP:3145

[item]Cloak of Blade Turning[/item] (387Armor, 31STA, 22Resilience) TP:3048
    (Normal Magister's Terrace - Kael'thas)

16. [item]Amber Cape[/item] of Stamina (lvl 70 BOE green 74 Armor, +48 Stamina) TP:2822

17. [item]Resolute Cape[/item] 30STA TP:2802

18. [item]Ironscale War Cloak[/item] 26STA TP:2782
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Slave Pens - Rokmar the Crackler)

19. [item]Amber Cape[/item] of the Champion (lvl 70 BOE green 74 armor, +16 Strength, +25 Stamina, +16 Defense Rating) TP:2717

20. [item]Mithril-Bark Cloak[/item] 32STA TP:2013
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Botanica - Laj)

Back - Aggro Cloaks

Entry-level raiding: The Back slot is not a big one for tanking stats, so its easy to trade off an insignificant amount of mitigation for some significant aggro generating stats. Try for a cloak that has a respectable amount of stamina that adds some +hit. If I could pick a Kara favorite, it would be Drape of the Dark Reavers. 1% to hit and a full load of agility while still maintaining respectable mitigation numbers, but good luck getting it from the hunters and rogues. Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings is a warrior cloak, and probably more attainable for a prot tank. Aggro items are unranked, but the tank points are listed so you can see how much mitigation you are giving up.

[item]Crimson Paragon's Cover[/item] (108Armor, 61STA, 28Dodge, 28Expertise) TP:6051 *top stamina*
    (Sunwell Plateau - Eredar Twins)

[item]Pepe's Shroud of Pacification[/item] 45STA +1.5%hit TP:5247
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Hyjal trash)

[item]Thalassian Wildercloak[/item] 28STA TP:3485

[item]Razor-Scale Battlecloak[/item] 22STA TP:2903
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - Morogrim Tidewalker)

[item]Drape of the Dark Reavers[/item] 21STA +1.1%hit TP:2820
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Shade of Aran)

[item]Blood Knight War Cloak[/item] 22STA TP:2802
    The World of Warcraft Armory (25 heroic badges)

[item]Cloak of Darkness[/item] 25STA+ TP:2380(1731 base)

[item]Capacitus' Cloak of Calibration[/item] 19STA TP:2355
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mechanar - Cache of the Legion)

[item]Dory's Embrace[/item] 34STA TP:2242
    The World of Warcraft Armory (60 Badges or Zul'Aman timed loot)

[item]Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings[/item] 31STA +1.0%hit TP:2077

[item]Auchenai Death Shroud[/item] 15STA +1.1%hit TP:1928
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Auchenai Crypts - Avatar of the Martyred)

[item]Shadowmoon Destroyer's Drape[/item] 24STA +1.1%hit TP:1689

[item]Netherfury Cape[/item] 19STA TP:1318
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Botanica Warp Splinter)

[item]Cloak of the Inciter[/item] 15STA +1.0%hit TP:1082
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadow Labs - Blackheart the Inciter)

Cloak Enchants

1. [item]Formula: Enchant Cloak - Dodge[/item] (12 dodge) TP:1034
    Enchant Cloak - Dodge - Spells - World of Warcraft

2. [item]Formula: Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility[/item] (12 AGI) TP:729
    Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility - Spells - World of Warcraft

3. [item]Formula: Enchant Cloak - Major Armor[/item] (120 Armor) TP:441
    Enchant Cloak - Major Armor - Spells - World of Warcraft

Neck

Neck

Entry-level raiding: The neck off Maiden has the top mitigation stats for starting raiding. Again, this is a weaker slot for tank gear, so it would be a good place to stack some aggro stats.

Tier 5 raiding: The quest reward for killing Kael'thas has awesome stats, of course its a level 138 item and should have awesome stats. Frayed Tether has a nice balance of tank stats and +hit.

Tier 6 raiding: Titans is better than Darkener's Grasp due to the hit rating, but both are far beyond all other necks.

Patch 2.3: Brooch of Deftness is not big on tank stats aside from the 48STA, but the 1.25% mob parry reduction is an important tank stat that is not quite measurable by tankpoints. This would be a nice piece to wear in all situations.

1. [item]The Darkener's Grasp[/item] 40STA TP:6367
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye - Kael'thas Sunstrider quest reward)

2. [item]Pendant of Titans[/item] 43STA +1.3%hit TP:6147
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Reliquary of Souls - Black Temple)

[item]Collar of the Pit Lord[/item] (60STA, 29Expertise, 25Defense) TP:5193
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)

3. [item]Barbed Choker of Discipline[/item] 39STA TP:5189
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Maiden)

4. [item]Necklace of the Juggernaut[/item] 33STA TP:4618
    The World of Warcraft Armory (25 Heroic Badges)

5. [item]Strength of the Untamed[/item] 27STA TP:4428
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Cenarion Expedition Revered)

6. [item]Frayed Tether of the Drowned[/item] 45STA +1.1%hit TP:4328

7. [item]Maladaar's Blessed Chaplet[/item] 30STA TP:4140
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Auchenai Crypts - Exarch Maladaar)

8. [item]Thalodien's Charm[/item] 37STA TP:3656
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Netherstorm quest Scryer

9. [item]Natasha's Battle Chain[/item] 37STA TP:3656
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Blade's Edge quest)

10. [item]Necklace of the Deep[/item] 20STA+ TP:3574(2276 base)
    * 2 gem slots

11. [item]Mark of the Ravenguard[/item] 40STA TP:3491
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Sethekk Halls quest)

12. [item]Mark of C'Thun[/item] 24STA TP:3382 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (AQ40 - C'Thun)

13. [item]Enchanted Thorium Torque[/item] 27STA +1.0%hit TP:3142
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Botanica - High Botanist Freywinn)

14. [item]Tanzanite Pendant[/item] of the Monkey (+21 Agility, +32 Stamina) TP:2964

[item]Hard Khorium Choker[/item] (42STA, 29Haste, 58AP, 150ArmorPen) TP:2941(2292 base)
    (crafted JC BOP)
    * 1 gem slot

15. [item]Maimfist's Choker[/item] 27STA TP:2775
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Horde Shattered Halls quest)

16. [item]Medallion of the Valiant Guardian[/item] 27STA TP:2775
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Alliance Shattered Halls quest)

17. [item]Blessed Medallion of Karabor[/item] 49STA TP:2657
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Temple attunement quest reward)

18. [item]Brooch of Deftness[/item] 48STA +1.4%hit 21Expertise TP:2605 *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (35 badges)

[item]Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve[/item] (48STA, 13hit, 18Expertise) TP:2605 *top stamina*
    * DPS proc

19. [item]Steam-Hinge Chain of Valor[/item] 26STA TP:2573
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Steamvault - Mekgineer Steamrigger)

20. [item]Choker of Serrated Blades[/item] 37STA TP:2032
    * ignore 175 armor

21. [item]Thick Felsteel Necklace[/item] 36STA TP:1980

Aggro Necks

Entry-level raiding: I only picked necks close to 20 in stamina. The pvp neck is interesting as it has a gem slot, but if I could have any from heroics/Kara, I'd take the neck off Heroic Rokmar or Worgen Claw.

Tier 5 raiding: Frayed Tether is an excellent all purpose neck.

Tier 6 raiding: Again the titans neck is an excellent all purpose neck.

Patch 2.3: Brooch of Deftness is a must have for aggro. There is no other neck. Expertise and +hit. In total it will give you 3.9% in landing your Shield Slams without a dodge, parry or miss.

[item]Pendant of Titans[/item] 43STA +1.3%hit TP:6147
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Reliquary of Souls - Black Temple)

[item]Collar of the Pit Lord[/item] (60STA, 29Expertise, 25Defense) TP:5193
    (Sunwell Plateau - ???)

[item]Frayed Tether of the Drowned[/item] 45STA +1.1%hit TP:4328

[item]Necklace of the Deep[/item] 20STA+ TP:3574(2276 base)
    * 2 gem slots

[item]Saberclaw Talisman[/item] 33STA TP:3017

[item]Hard Khorium Choker[/item] (42STA, 29Haste, 58AP, 150ArmorPen) TP:2941(2292 base)
    (crafted JC BOP)
    * 1 gem slot

[item]Blessed Medallion of Karabor[/item] 49STA TP:2657
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Temple attunement quest reward)

[item]Brooch of Deftness[/item] 48STA +1.4%hit 21Expertise TP:2605 *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (35 badges)

[item]Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve[/item] (48STA, 13hit, 18Expertise) TP:2605 *top stamina*
    * Dodge or Expertise proc

[item]Mithril Chain of Heroism[/item] 19STA TP:2490

[item]Veteran's Pendant of Triumph[/item] 31STA+ TP:2368(1719 base)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (22500 Honor, 10 Eye Marks)
    * 1 gem slot

[item]Worgen Claw Necklace[/item] 21STA +1.1%hit TP:2272

[item]Soldier's Dog Tags[/item] 19STA TP:2135

[item]Choker of Vile Intent[/item] 19STA +1.0%hit TP:2114

[item]Bone Chain Necklace[/item] 18STA TP:2057

[item]Choker of Serrated Blades[/item] 37STA TP:2032
    * ignore 175 armor

[item]The Savage's Choker[/item] 37STA TP:2032
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Zul'Aman - Lynx Avatar Halazzi)

[item]Pendant of the Perilous[/item] 24STA TP:1352
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - trash)

[item]Skeletal Necklace of Battlerage[/item] 21STA +0.8%hit TP:1195
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Slave Pens - Rokmar the Crackler)
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-29-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Rings

Rings are a good slot to switch over to aggro gear. In most situation, you should tank with at least 1 aggro ring on.

Entry level raiding: Pick up any 2 blue rings, then the first Kara ring will replace one as soon as you complete the early quests. Eventually your goal will be the Exaulted Kara ring and the Shermanar Great-Ring as your max tanking set. If Aran doesn't give it up to you, Mag's head is a guaranteed drop.

Tier 5 raiding: Ring of Sundered Souls is one of the best in the game and a huge upgrade over anything you have. Also pick up Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen, with that high block value it is a good all purpose ring. Once you get replacements, consider trading your Kara ring in for the DPS aggro version with 1.3% hit.

Tier 6 raiding: The Hyjal rep ring is the #1 ring starting at Revered. Band of the Abyssal Lord has 1.3% hit and top stamina, and is a must get for the aggro stat without sacrificing tank stats.

Patch 2.3: Zul'Aman provides various rings as rewards for completing the timed events. There is a blocking ring, a pvp ring and an aggro ring.

1. [item]Band of the Eternal Defender[/item] (Scale of the Sands Tanking Exaulted & Revered) 43STA TP:6378
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Hyjal rep reward - Exaulted)
    * armor proc

[item]Sunwell Badge Loot - Tank Ring[/item] (392Armor, 45STA, 28Dodge) TP:6316
    (Heroic Badges)

2. [item]Ring of Sundered Souls[/item] 45STA TP:5933
    The World of Warcraft Armory (SSC - Morogrim Tidewalker)

3. [item]Band of Eternity[/item] (Tanking Honored) 40STA 40Block TP:5875
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Hyjal rep reward)

4. [item]Band of Eternity[/item] (Tanking Friendly) 37STA 38Block TP:5230
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Hyjal rep reward)

5. [item]Band of the Abyssal Lord[/item] 53STA +1.3%hit TP:5054

6. [item]Violet Signet of the Great Protector[/item] 37STA TP:4983
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Violent Eye Exaulted)

7. [item]A'dal's Signet of Defense[/item] 34STA TP:4728
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Magtheridon's head quest)

8. [item]Shermanar Great-Ring[/item] 36STA TP:4705

9. [item]Violet Signet[/item] (Tanking Revered) 36STA TP:4657
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Violet Eye Revered)

10. [item]Ring of Unyielding Force[/item] 31STA TP:4497

11. [item]Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen[/item] 37STA TP:4441
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Eye - trash drop)

12. [item]Elementium Band of the Sentry[/item] 24STA TP:4415
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Arcatraz - Harbinger Skyriss)

13. [item]Violet Signet[/item] (Tanking Honored) 33STA TP:4419
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Violet Eye Honored)

14. [item]Signet of the Last Defender[/item] 45STA TP:4199

[item]Hard Khorium Band[/item] (30AGI, 42STA, 28Haste, 58AP) TP:4122
    (crafted BOE)

15. [item]Band of Impenetrable Defenses[/item] 36STA TP:4088
    The World of Warcraft Armory (random BOE)

16. [item]Band of the Eternal Champion[/item] (Scale of the Sands DPS Exaulted & Revered) 43STA TP:4052
    * proc

17. [item]Signet of Eternal Life[/item] 54STA TP:2982 *top stamina*

18. [item]Lieutenant's Signet of Lordaeron[/item] 30STA TP:3912
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Old Hillsbrad - Lt Drake)

19. [item]Yor's Revenge[/item] 30STA TP:3872
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mana Tombs - Yor "summoned boss")

20. [item]Ring of the Dreadnaught[/item] 27STA TP:3642 *best lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Naxx - Kel'Thuzad)

21. [item]Delicate Eternium Ring[/item] 15STA TP:3604

22. [item]Protector's Mark of the Redemption[/item] 22STA TP:3603

23. [item]Ring of Deceitful Intent[/item] 42STA +1.2%hit TP:3525

24. [item]Violet Signet[/item] (Tanking Friendly) 27STA TP:3506
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Violet Eye Friendly)

25. [item]Iron Band of the Unbreakable[/item] 27STA TP:3446
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Old Hillsbrad - Lt Drake)

26. [item]Crystal Band of Valor[/item] 27STA +1.0%hit TP:3217
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Mana Tombs - Tavarok)

27. [item]Ring of the Stonebark[/item] 18STA TP:3199
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Blade's Edge quest)

28. [item]Wind Trader's Band[/item] 34STA +0.4%hit TP:3176

29. [item]Andormu's Tear[/item] 0STA TP:3027
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Black Morass quest)

30. [item]Ring of Emperor Vek'lor[/item] 18STA TP:2981 *lvl 60 epic*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (AQ40 - Twin Emps)

31. [item]Ancestral Ring of Conquest[/item] 30STA TP:2938

[item]Band of Determination[/item] (252Armor, 35Stamina, 17Expertise) TP:2837
    (Magister's Terrace - Vexallus)

32. [item]Ring of Lethality[/item] 19STA +1.2%hit TP:2425

33. [item]Shapeshifter's Signet[/item] 18STA TP:2419
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Lower City Exaulted)

34. [item]Heavy Adamantite Ring[/item] 42STA TP:2302

35. [item]Dath'Remar's Ring of Defense[/item] 15STA TP:2286
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mechanar - Pathaleon the Calculator)

36. [item]Band of Vile Aggression[/item] 37STA TP:2041

Aggro Rings

Entry level raiding: My favorites for entry level raiding are Shapeshifter's Signet, Garona's Signet, Resounding Ring of Glory and Kara Master Assassin ring. Crystal Band of Valor should get an honorable mention down here. Its listed in the tank rings but has 1% +hit on it. Shapeshifter's Signet is the only ring with Expertise on it equallying 2.5% hit making it the top aggro ring.

Tier 5 raiding: When a better tanking ring drops, you can trade in for the Kara Master Assassin ring. Leave the other DPS rings that don't have +hit for the physical DPS classes.

Tier 6 raiding: Band of the Abyssal Lord & Ring of Deceitful Intent make for a perfect aggro set and you aren't sacrificing tank stats. Shapeshifter's Signet is still viable as an aggro ring at this level, but it becomes less attractive as you hit the dodge reduction cap of 23 Expertise.

[item]Band of the Abyssal Lord[/item] 53STA +1.3%hit TP:5054

[item]Hard Khorium Band[/item] (30AGI, 42STA, 28Haste, 58AP) TP:4122
    (crafted BOE)

[item]Band of the Eternal Champion[/item] (DPS Exaulted & Revered) 43STA TP:4052
    * proc

[item]Ring of Deceitful Intent[/item] 42STA +1.2%hit TP:3525

[item]Signet of Primal Wrath[/item] 30STA TP:3299

[item]Ancestral Ring of Conquest[/item] 30STA TP:2938

[item]Band of Determination[/item] (252Armor, 35Stamina, 17Expertise) TP:2837
    (Magister's Terrace - Vexallus)

[item]Lightwarden's Band[/item] 27STA TP:2553
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Aldor Revered)

[item]Garona's Signet Ring[/item] 25STA +1.1%hit TP:2511

[item]Ring of Lethality[/item] 19STA +1.2%hit TP:2425

[item]Shapeshifter's Signet[/item] 18STA TP:2419
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Lower City Exaulted)

[item]Band of Devastation[/item] 44STA TP:2407
    * 31 haste rating

[item]Averinn's Ring of Slaying[/item] 18STA TP:2255

[item]Band of Vile Aggression[/item] 37STA TP:2041

[item]Ravenclaw Band[/item] 15STA +0.8%hit TP:1980
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Sethekk Halls - Talon King Ikiss)

[item]A'dal's Command[/item] 16STA TP:1958
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Sha'tar Exaulted)

[item]Band of Ursol[/item] 22STA TP:1939
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Slave Pens - Quagmirran)

[item]Stormrage Signet Ring[/item] 33STA +1.9%hit TP:1831
    * ignore 126 armor

[item]Longstrider's Loop[/item] 15STA +0.7%hit TP: 1749
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Mana Tombs - Nexus-Prince Shaffar)

[item]Unstoppable Aggressor's Ring[/item] 28STA TP:1619

[item]Violet Signet of the Master Assassin[/item] 28STA +1.6%hit TP:1570
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Violet Eye Exaulted)

[item]Band of the Ranger-General[/item] 27STA +1.1%hit TP:1518

[item]Resounding Ring of Glory[/item] 24STA +1.0%hit TP:1358
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Old Hillsbrad - Epoch Hunter)

[item]Mithril Band of the Unscarred[/item] 21STA TP:1358
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan - Netherspite)

[item]Band of the Exorcist[/item] 24STA 0.6%hit TP:1308
    The World of Warcraft Armory (50 Spirit Shards)

[item]Ring of Arathi Warlords[/item] 24STA TP:1308

[item]Ring of a Thousand Marks[/item] 18STA +1.0%hit TP:1151

[item]Reavers' Ring[/item] 18STA TP:1044

[item]Ring of the Shadow Deeps[/item] 15STA +0.8%hit TP:837
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Heroic Underbog - Ghaz'an)
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-29-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Trinkets

The trinkets are ranked in order of their passive tankpoints, but I also list the on use proc. If you religiously popped the trinket every time the cooldown was up, you could add the average into the passive amount. Moroes's trinket gives the best stat increase and has the best on use effect for early raiding. Even though the Gnomer auto-blocker is on the bottom, it is still a must have for any protection warrior. Popping that makes your shield slams deadly, more for a pvp and soloing toy. The new Darkmoon sets have a trinket with 51 Stamina and procs. I never thought I'd see 1020 hp coming from the trinkey slots. The new rep reward for Netherwing has the same stamina as the engineer's trinket.

Entry level raiding: If you have the funds, buy both Darkmoon cards. You will use one or both in most fights, trading in one of the higher powered avoidance trinkets on select fights you need a panic button. Moroes' watch is a great one to help get through a Gruul silence.

Tier 5 raiding: Pick up Hydross's trinket for a good avoidance piece. It also makes it easier to be uncritable in future Hydross fights.

Tier 6 raiding: Shadowmoon Insignia has a ton of passive avoidance.

Patch 2.3: Unlike the other avoidance trinkets a big load of parry will not hurt your rage/aggro generation. I don't know the cooldown yet.

1. [item]Shadowmoon Insignia[/item] TP:5861 passive, + TP:9462 for 20 sec proc / 3 min cooldown (1051 average over time)
    * 1750 max hp on use

[item]Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise[/item] 42Defense TP:3380 passive + 16291 for 20 sec proc / 2 min cooldown (2715 averate over time)
    (crafted jewelcrafters only)
    165 Dodge for 20 seconds / 2 min

2. [item]Scarab of Displacement[/item] 0STA TP:3357 passive + 15519 for 15 sec proc / 3 min cooldown (1293 average over time)

[item]Commendation of Kael'thas[/item] 57STA TP:3298 passive + 14782 for 10 sec proc / 30 sec cooldown (4927 averate over time)
    (Heroic Magister's Terrace - Priestess Delrissa)
    152 Dodge for 10 seconds / 30 seconds

This trinket used to have a godly 20% dodge proc, but it was nerfed to 8%. I'm guessing Rogues were using it to pvp with and got it nerfed. Even with the nerfed proc, 57 Stamina is still worth wearing and 8% dodge right when you need some avoidance is a good thing.

3. [item]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/item] TP:3244 passive + 36257 for 10 sec proc / 2 min cooldown (3021 average over time)

4. [item]Ancient Aqir Artifact[/item] TP:3067 passive + 8937 for 20 sec proc / 2 min cooldown (1490 average over time)

4. [item]Darkmoon Card: Vengeance[/item] 51STA TP:2865 *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (collect a set of Furies cards)

4. [item]Darkmoon Card: Madness[/item] 51STA TP:2865 *top stamina*
    The World of Warcraft Armory (collect a set of Lunacy cards)

6. [item]Gnomish Poultryizer[/item]/[item]Goblin Rocket Launcher[/item] 45STA TP:2541 passive
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted engineering only)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted engineering only)

6. [item]Commander's Badge[/item] 45STA TP:2541 passive
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Netherwing Revered)

8. [item]Figurine - Dawnstone Crab[/item] TP:2543 passive + 11710 for 20 sec proc / 2 min cooldown (1951 average over time)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted jewelcrafters only)

8. [item]Adamantine Figurine[/item] TP:2543 passive + 4546 for 20 sec proc / 2 minute cooldown (757 average over time)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shadow Labs - Blackheart the Inciter)

10. [item]Styleen's Impeding Scarab[/item] TP:2647 passive
    The World of Warcraft Armory (BWL - Flamegor)

11. [item]Dabiri's Enigma[/item] TP:2342 passive + 9113 for 15 sec proc / 90 sec cooldown (1518 average over time)

12. [item]Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet[/item] 40STA TP:2216 passive + (1300 healing per 2 min)

13. [item]Violet Badge[/item] 36STA TP:2000 passive
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Karazhan quest)

13. [item]Argussian Compass[/item] 36STA TP:2000 passive + 727 during use (121 average over time)

15. [item]Regal Protectorate[/item] TP:2142 passive + 4866 during use (243 average over time)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Hellfire quest)

16. [item]Stormpike Insignia Rank 6[/item] TP:2020 passive
    The World of Warcraft Armory (AV rep quest)

17. [item]Onyxia Blood Talisman[/item] TP:2327 passive
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Onyxia quest)

18. [item]Alchemist's Stone[/item] TP:1727 passive
    The World of Warcraft Armory (crafted alchemists only)

19. [item]Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600[/item] TP:2008 passive + 7291 during use (334 average over time)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (41 Heroic badges)

20. [item]Badge of Tenacity[/item] TP:1089 passive + 9632 during use (1605 average over time)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Ogri'la Depleted Badge)

21. [item]Figurine of the Colossus[/item] TP:338 passive + 4195 during use (699 average over time)
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Shattered Halls - Kargath)

[item]Steely Naaru Silver[/item] (54Expertise) TP: 0 passive + 7431 for 15 sec proc / 5 min cooldown (371 average over time)
    * 2000 Armor for 15 sec / 5 min (7431

22. [item]Ashtongue Talisman of Valor[/item] TP:0 passive 1784 proc
    The World of Warcraft Armory (Exaulted Ashtongue Deathsworn)
    * 25% healing/strength proc
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-29-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Reserved for the best questions...

Reserved for the best questions...

Hey hey! glad to see Berg came on over and posted his gear list. Good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread