+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just how talented are you?

Just how talented are you?

Curious to see the trend of today's current popular template builds for Prot Warriors doing alot of Heroic and Raiding and why you invest your talents as you do.

I have studied several warriors that do the higher end raiding and am very curious the various paths chosen.

Share your templates and thoughts with me!
    Armoniea, GM ~ Full Moon Rising ~ Lightbringer

I chose mine due to Having had piercing howl in BWL for the razorgore battle I came to really cherish the talent is why I specced as I did into the Fury tree. It is also a great soloing talent and has gotten e out of many scraps tha twould have ended up killing me without it.

I dont need to have Imp Thundercl;ap at this time but do have two into Imp demo( Yes I still use TF for bosses and etc and it proc all the time and when its not up i do use TC for Gruuls and nwo learning Mag another warrior has imp TC plus I found that they are immune (least Maulgar and gruul are) so break ou tmy KD for them.

I dont do alot of heroics but do want to get the Autoblocker and nwo reading the thread here may even consider the fasrstrider cloak so for that reason too I dont use Imp thunderclap and rely more on skill an dability to tank

Despite the fact I still wield my Thunderfury, I am specced into the standard 8/5/XX build. I run alot of heroics and five mans and with the extra AOE threat from Imp TC, it allows me to hold a little better aggro on multiple targets. I'm considering switching over to King's Defender (I have one in the bank) but I am having a hard time letting go of TF.

anyhow, my spec is probably the most common among tanks these days. Heavy raid tanks in cutting edge guilds may pass on Imp TC, leaving it to an OT or DPS spec warrior to keep up on mobs....not sure.

I'm actually at 12/5/43 at the moment, mainly because I was having issues with rage generation and being able to get 'quick threat'. My spec is actually a mistake, since I forgot to do Devistate, but it seems to be working for now, so I'll wait a little to swap out that 1 point instead of wasting 40 more gold.

when i tank i also use the 12/5/43 Imp tc and hs to me are better for threat/ survival at this point in my guilds progression than any other talent i could grab in prot.

I run with 8/10/43 If the data comes back that imp demo shout isn't effective after 2 points, then I'll drop the other three points into improved defensive stance. I'm the main debuffer so I have both imp TC and imp Demo shout =D

allius, non warrior tanks the world around love you. people always forget thunderclap when comparing warrior tanks and paladin or bear tanks. that's a lot of mitigated damage right there, and having a warrior willing to keep both that and demo shout up on the boss makes our lives so much easier.

+ Reply to Thread