+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB - Consumable recommendations

WTB - Consumable recommendations

Lately, I've been my guild's MT for one of our Kara groups. We've cleared it, but we're still pretty inconsistent on Prince, Nightbane, etc. Until I get more geared up, what consumables would you recommend I bring to the raids?

I've been bringing +20 or +30 Stam food and usually use at least a dense sharpening stone or so, but there's a lot of options for elixirs. Any recommendations on what gives the best bang for the buck?

Thanks in advance, and thanks, Cider, for setting up such a useful site!

P.S. Logged out last night in my tank gear, so my Armory link below may help.

What I normaly use in SSC/TK:
    Elixer of Major Fortitude (+250health for 1hour)
    and Elixer of Major Agility (+35agility for 1hour)
    or
    Flask of Fortification (+500health for 2hours, lasts through death)
    with
    Skyguard Rations (+15 stam for 15mins, 45s for a stack of 5)
    and
    Adamantite Sharpening Stone (+12dmg and +14 crit rating, 30mins)

Optional food:
    Halani Whisky (+20 stam for 20mins?)
    Rumsy Rum Black Label (+15stam for 15mins) I use this for in the case where my food runs out and I'm still in combat

i will agree with z's recomendations except for food go for the crawdads. I generally go with the fortification route for the elixir just b/c they are the easiest for me to get ahold of.

I just like to use the rations mostly because it's a vendor that sells them when your revered with skyguard and they are fairly cheep. Mostly it just saves me time from having to go fishing and try and farm that or buy the more expensive foods, my repair bill is already high enough as is so i may as well save the gold. For progression and the harder encounters i tend to use the +30stam food and usualy keep a stack in the bank for such uses. For most of the normal stuff i just stick with the +15stam because of cheepness.

Thanks for the info.

What about runes of warding or runes of shielding (Greater or Lesser)? Do you use any of those?

Quote Originally Posted by TheZ View Post
    Optional food:
    Rumsy Rum Black Label (+15stam for 15mins) I use this for in the case where my food runs out and I'm still in combat
    Being a tank has turned me into a raging alcoholic...

Also, to add something worthwhile, use Flasks while you are learning new raid content (you will die a lot), and when you've gotten stuff fully on farm status, use Elixirs. Flasks give you less benefits, but last through death. Elixirs give you more overall benefits, but if you die, they all go to waste.
    Last edited by Alixander; 08-03-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZ View Post
    Optional food:
    Drink buffs no longer stack with food buffs unfortunately.

If you're not a fisher, I'd recommend farming any one of the +20 Stamina food. The talbuk steak I've found to be the easiest. Just fly over to Nagrand an find any of the areas with a ton of the talbuks, which are the goat/ram-looking creatures. They are incredibly squishy and drop the meat like candy. Cook them yourself or find someone who can and bam, you've got a good food buff.

The best though is the +30 stamina spicy crawdads, which can only be farmed by high-level fishers. I'd recommend just taking an off day, gather your favorite music and just leveling up fishing and cooking, it is just incredibly beneficial to have. Cooking is very easy to level. Fishing is too in theory. The way it levels is based off of how many catches you make, not what you catch. So you could just sit in a low level area (I fished in Stormwind pre-BC) and level up there.

One of the things that I've found helpful, especially on Prince, are the Ironshield Potions. 2500 extra armor for 2 minutes is usually enough to get you through Phase 2 of Prince when damage tends to spike some.

Elixir of Mastery are nice, since they're 15 to all stats. Not as much crit as Agility Elixirs, but it adds to everything at once.

Warding runes are handy, but really I'd rather use the mats for sharpening stones. Unless you happen to be swimming in Adamantite.

Elixirs : Master and Fort.
    Food : Crawdad.
    Weapon : WF

Since the change to how elixirs, etc work - the secret for buffing yourself for unfarmed content in scrolls. For example...

Flask of Fortification
    Spicy Crawdad
    Scroll of Protection V
    Scroll of Agility V
    Scroll of Strength V

Level fishing to max. While fishing for your crawdads, you will often get scroll cases which will have 1-3 of the V level scrolls. Sell the ones you don't need, hang on the the three listed above. Search the AH for discounted ones, or even III or IV's.

When i listed optional i ment 'optional' as like if you dont have the above you could use ONE of the below, The beers are nice for in say a longer fight light mag where possibly a fodd buff could wear off depending on when you applied it. As for what i use it's just for ease so i don't have to farm longer than needed for a few pieces when i can buy a stack of 5 for 45s.. being only 2mins from shatt too.. Just cost/efficent other than that i have a stash for the better fights where i need the extra boost.

But seriously if your doing normal content and 15stam is going to be the life of death decision for your raid then you're probably not ment to be in there.. No offence or anything. Most of the bosses in SSC are all doable w/o flasks and minimal consumeables.

+ Reply to Thread