+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warrior PvE dps

tell me how it works. as i have mentioned several times before results WILL vary due to the fact i am hitting a lower level mob and i didn't have any raid buffs
    Please Geek Responsibly.

If you ever want to inquire as to my random weird and sometimes radical theories don't be afraid to ask and give your constructive input

Well, it's very inconclusive so far. I had a windfury shaman follow me all night for netherspite/nightbane and then 2 heroics. At times I would have higher than normal damage, and at times lower than normal damage. I did notice that I seemed to have a bit more rage on average than I used to have.

I think it may indeed be better, but I definitely need to try it for a few days to be sure. I also have a lot more +hit than your tests had, but I'm not sure if that would impact results positively or negatively.

the only real problem i see with the tests is that servants are at such a lower level it complely negates miss dodge parry from the equation.

Will be interested to see Raks testing on actual boss fights esp. if he could provide WWS with sword spec and traditional 17/44. This would allow a better look imo at said damage output and dps

I'll try to log some fights when we clear Kara on Tuesday.

yes that sounds very nice. actually there were still a couple of misses from autoattacks during dual wielding tests.

please get those results!
    Please Geek Responsibly.

If you ever want to inquire as to my random weird and sometimes radical theories don't be afraid to ask and give your constructive input

i will get those two hand fury axes results in sometime
    Please Geek Responsibly.

Raak - WWS

Took some apps on a Kara raid tonight. It was beyond terrible. Our GM (I'm warrior officer, not GM sadly) refused to replace them due to trying to prove a point or something. I'm in a really bad mood so forgive this short post.

I was tanking for the whole Moroes fight, so not much there. I did not have windfury for anywhere near the whole raid, due to a terrible shaman app. I did have leader of the pack for almost all of it, I believe.

The Armory
    That's my gear/spec I used. Consider this just a post since I promised to get it up here tonight, this raid was terrible and most of us stopped trying after two bosses. I'll definitly record more before switching back to 17/44 for you guys.

I noticed some triple sword spec procs... Those are amazing. According to that WWS my sword spec procs hit more often than my Bloodthirts too, so that's something to think about. I've been switching gear to get less and less hit, and I think that may have actually made up for it.
    Last edited by Rak; 09-11-2007 at 11:50 PM.

must have been a terrible run cause i do more overall dps as sword spec arms without a shaman >< also how did you put your stats up on a site like that. it could come in handy for future testing... sorry about the bad kara run :\

still looks like a lot of potential in it though keep testing !

i would do it myself but i don't have two decent swords for it
    Please Geek Responsibly.

thanks
    Please Geek Responsibly.

I grabbed [item]The Decapitator[/item] last night, so I had to go back to 17/44. I liked sword spec, too =[

If I recall, there's a Hand of Justice-esque trinket in TBC, isn't there? Wouldn't that help negate the nerf to WF totem? I've always wanted to try the DW Sword spec for pure PVE dps but I don't have the access to gear that others do to do a real testing of it. I love dw fury spec, just lovely to see all those damage numbers spamming the screen.

Hi my first post here, must say it's an awsome resorce for tanks. Must post a link on my guild forum.

Bit unconventional this one but decided to do a similar test but using a 41 prot 20 fury build on the test realm. Using the arena fist weapons I was averaging around 600-750dps spamming 5 sunder devastates in battle stance (too lazy to go over to the fray island).

Whilst i'm pretty sure for most fights spamming devastate in such a way would pull aggro for sure, but playing around with it on the shade where there is no aggro problems had incredibly suprising results.

Wondered if everyone else was knowledgeable of devastate dps or have i just been living in a cave?

I recently installed a TBC hack server on my computer. Its great just for playing around with ideas to figure out what spec and gear I want to go for. Last night I was playing around with a DW/Swordspec with 2 [item]Blinkstrike[/item]s both with mongoose enchants. I also threw in [item]Dragonspine Trophy[/item] and a [item]Thundering Skyfire Diamond[/item] to increase the number of attacks I put out. I have to say that all and all I was pretty dissapointed. The idea didn't work nearly as well as I thought it would. I was still putting out good numbers, but the proc rates were horrible for swordspec and blinkstrike. I had alot of haste procs though, which were most likely the only reason I saw good sustained DPS.

Not all of the math and mechanics are right on my server though, so there is a few faults here and there in any data I come across. However, if any of you have any questions about specs/gear, send me a tell with a list of the gear and link the spec from Wowhead and I will give it a shot and post the results for you.
    Armory! And when Armory is down... Warcrafter!

Bloody knuckles, carving the path to freedom.

last time i seen a private server attack power didn't even affect damage at all... never trust a non blizzard server for testing...

keep the ideas coming!
    Please Geek Responsibly.

my poor guide is outdated
    Please Geek Responsibly.

I gotta wonder though, I think the highest Dps sec would have to be a Blood Frenzy spec. While this is only the case on bleedable mobs, I'd think that it would be the ultimate PVE dps spec, provided you don't mind taking a hit to your own dps.

In the average raid there can be 2-3 hunters, about 4 tanks / offtanks (Tankadins don't get such a big boost), 3-5 melee classes including shamans / warriors / rogues. 4% more damage for all of these combined more than makes up for the damage lost by speccing fury. Not only that, but your tanks will do more threat because of it.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Driggan View Post
    I gotta wonder though, I think the highest Dps sec would have to be a Blood Frenzy spec. While this is only the case on bleedable mobs, I'd think that it would be the ultimate PVE dps spec, provided you don't mind taking a hit to your own dps.

In the average raid there can be 2-3 hunters, about 4 tanks / offtanks (Tankadins don't get such a big boost), 3-5 melee classes including shamans / warriors / rogues. 4% more damage for all of these combined more than makes up for the damage lost by speccing fury. Not only that, but your tanks will do more threat because of it.

Just a thought.
    Blood frenzy was great before the WF nerf - I found MS just lacks rage without it and I do more DPS as full fury... we still have an MS blood frenzy warrior in the raid - admittedly not as well geared as me, but I demolish him on straight DPS

+ Reply to Thread