+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q: Does Shield Mastery increase Shield Slam damage?

Q: Does Shield Mastery increase Shield Slam damage?

Playing around with possible tanking builds which include impale and wondering about the necessity of 3/3 shield mastery. Does this talent increase block value, and hence shield slam damage, or does it simply function as the tool tip states and reduce incoming damage?

Increases Shield Block Value directly, which increases Block Value's portion of Shield Slam Damage.

Simply, yes. It's a sin not to take it if you pick up Shield Slam.

That's what I was afraid of Certainly makes impale builds a little more restricted.

This is about the best I can come up with as I am loath to give up any points in vitality:

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

If you were willing to give up some points in Vitality, you could pick up:
    WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

Which is pretty much the most AOE threat a Warrior will ever get. (Mind the 1 point in Imp Charge)

Interesting. I'm currently MT for my guild so I think in my case the vitality has more value then the multi target threat generation.

As to the impale builds, I need to sit down tonight and crunch some numbers as to the relative value of impale vs cruelty. My gut feeling is that 2/2 impale will have a slight edge of cruelty in terms of threat generation, with that edge increasing as the frequency of heroic strikes increases, but I want to actually go through the numbers so I can weigh that edge versus the extra points in protection.

Just my 2 cents.

1) Bleed effects are bad for MT's.

2) Impale scales with crit. Most MT's don't have more than 15%, even after buffs.

3) Imp. Def stance is invaluable for MT's. 6% more HP vs Hydross in already gimp gear is a huge plus.

+ Reply to Thread