+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arena Points

Arena Points

So, I'm getting to the point where I can enough points to buy something...

What piece of gear should I buy? It looks like I'll be doing Kara, Gruul's, and maybe Mag in the future, or at least the next couple months. Therefore I won't get any gear not in those areas. What I'm looking for is to get the best piece of gear I can that I will not upgrade for the longest time. I think that made sense at least...

Shield or BP.

Are you talking for tanking or for DPS'ing or what.

For tanking, the Shield is the best until you get aldori legacy defender from gruul. The BP is also insane in terms of stam/ac but if you have bulwark of kings you can pass on it till tier 5 or whatever.

For DPS, its a whole nother story.

IMO, season 2 shield clearly better than Aldori and the season 2 BP is on par T5, which drops off of Sunstrider.

Tanking.

So what you're saying is that I can get a good shield from Gruul. But the BP is really good unless I have Bulwark of Kings.

Hmm... right now I'm WSmith cause I can't seem to have the KD or SE drop. Should I upgrade my weapon to the second rank and buy the Arena BP, or use KD/SE and upgrade my BP and then buy the Arena Shield?

I'll agree with the shield only because I feel the +hit isn't that necessary on me since I have my Bulwark which gives me enough hit for me anyways (its not 5.6% but I don't notice my misses very often so). Yeh I'd say grab the Season 2 shield.

What BP are you using right now?
    and what shield?

it's really about what will benefit you more, both will last you a long as time, so whichever will upgrade more (since they both will last you a while). My guess is Shield will be better unless you're using Jade-skull BP then I'd say get the BP.

Personally I prefer the Shield, but either the Shied or the Chestpiece is a strong choice.

Although, I must say Kaz... just cause you don't notice the misses, doesn't mean they don't happen Every extra 1% to hit is like 1% more threat... or so.

If you have arena points I'd save them for season 1 shoulders and gloves. They are a great start to a resist set for Hydross. If you aren't going to be tanking Hydross any time soon, I'd highly recommend getting the season 2 shield. Only 2 shield are better than that shield and they come out of Mount Hyjal and BT.

Or you can wait for ZA to come out and hope Bliz adds a filler shield.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Personally I prefer the Shield, but either the Shied or the Chestpiece is a strong choice.

Although, I must say Kaz... just cause you don't notice the misses, doesn't mean they don't happen Every extra 1% to hit is like 1% more threat... or so.
    of course of course. I'd take aldori personally if it dropped for me even if i had the s2 shield, having multiple sets of gear = very important n'est pas?

I'd probably start a fight with KD/Aldori for good threat, then swap out to suneater/SW for survival. And if you had the opportunity to do this, why wouldn't you =]

Bag space.

I carry 6 pets. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Wartorn View Post
    Bag space.

I carry 6 pets. ><
    Haha I only carry 2 pets... and 34 pieces of gear outside whatever I'm wearing. Suffice to say one time I spirit rezzed... I'm never doing that again.

LOLOLOL. How much did that end up costing you?

But I do carry multiple sets. FrR set. AC/HP set. Threat set. DPS set. Comes out to about 2.5 bags worth of gear.

And of course the 6 pets. Bananas, Hippogryph, Spirit of Summer, Willy, Dark Whelp, Netherwhelp. I double dog dare you to keep any of those in your bank. I feel bad enuff about my other banked pets.

Currently using Shatar Shield and Breastplate of the Bad.. er Bold.

Yeah, not that hot. I have a BoK (the lower one) in bank if I ever get a good sword I'll respec ASmith.

I thought I'd get the Breastplate... but if the Shield is the best outside HJ/BT...

I feel your pain. I've been stuck with the Bold Chestpiece for entirely too long. The bracers off attunemen elude me as well despite probably killing him 40 times.

The stupid thing is I passed on Jade Skull like 4 times cause I was using BoK. LoL.

BoK is pretty hot. It has more armor, stam, and threat than Jade Skull. I'd only use Jade Skull if I needed the def to hit 490.

Yeah, I know. But when I went SSmith to upgrade my weap, I realized I had no decent BP to sub in :-P

that's exactly why i won't go wsmith now, cuz i have no decent bp lol.

Well, after never seeing the KD or SE drop, and not getting anyone to help finish Gromtor, I said screw it I'd rather gain 15 DPS than have 150 armor, and all the other stuff. As soon as I get an Epic Sword, I'll switch back

Also I have a problem with getting Nethers. I run with my friends. My friends are all crafters. I don't get many Nethers. SIGH.

Ok... so moment of truth...

Time to buy the S2 Shield?

The real question is.... S2 BP vs Panzthar or S2 Shield vs Crest of Shatar... which is the bigger upgrade??

+ Reply to Thread